• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Synical

Miss Superstitious

City are just so boring to watch. I can't imagine supporting them and having to watch that each week. They used to be exciting to watch a few years ago. It's even worse now they've got that league 2 robot.

And what is the end game with all the cheating and cooking of the books? Do they make profit? In which case it's fraud, not just cheating to win trophies, and someone needs to go to jail.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

City are just so boring to watch. I can't imagine supporting them and having to watch that each week. They used to be exciting to watch a few years ago.

I completely agree with this.

And what is the end game with all the cheating and cooking of the books? Do they make profit? In which case it's fraud, not just cheating to win trophies, and someone needs to go to jail.

I don’t understand how things work at that level, but it’s up to the guys who make the rules to keep them in check.

What annoys me is how Sky and BT laud how amazing City are, but I just think it makes the product look bad.

These same guys call Bundesliga farmers league but Jamie Redknapp was literally thankful today that Haaland is in the league to score penalties against guys who have nothing to play for.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

**** me 5-1 to City? I didn’t think they’d do anything but blimey… good job we got the three against Bournemouth for GD.

Still a chance City slip up…

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

City go first next week. So we'll know going into the United game whether we are in the drivers seat or not.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

See they are even surprised :lol:
This is what I’m saying, we’re still in it and the favourites imo.

LookingForEric

Being top with 2 games to go knowing it isn’t in your hands is annoying.

Next weekend is “the” weekend. City play Fulham in the early kick off Saturday. If they win that and we drop points at old Trafford they can win the league at Sp**s Tuesday.

There’s a certain inevitability about it, but what we’ve done this season is be there, ready for any slip ups right until the bitter end.

And hey if both teams win it goes to the final day, can’t ask for much more than that can we?

LookingForEric

To win the title this year City will have to go 19-4-0 from the 6th of December when they lost to Villa.

If anyone said that to you at the time you would’ve said hahaha, it’s City but no way Arsenal push them to have to do that…

Well here we are, win at old Trafford Sunday and it’s likely that City will have to go 19-4-0 to win the league.

Mudi

To win the title this year City will have to go 19-4-0 from the 6th of December when they lost to Villa.

If anyone said that to you at the time you would’ve said hahaha, it’s City but no way Arsenal push them to have to do that…

Well here we are, win at old Trafford Sunday and it’s likely that City will have to go 19-4-0 to win the league.
19-4-0 Is not that impressive. That's 61/69 meaning a drop of 8 points. Slightly better than having 20-0-3 (60/69). Especially given that they had to play only Liverpool away against top 6 during this run. They are very fortunate that the Sp**s game got rescheduled towards the end of the season, changing the meaning of the game (either final or no purpose game on which Sp**s gonna bottle it anyway).

We will only have us to blame. Losing at home against Villa or West Ham or the way we drew at home agailst Sp**s (mistake Jorginho) or last minute equalizer against 10 men Fullhame is where we lost the league.

City has no loss at home and their only odd draw at home was against Palace on which they got a penalty against in 95th min.

Their form against non top 6 teams: 1 D and 2 L
Our form against non top 6 teams: 1 D and 5 L

Says it all no?!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We would’ve also been clear if we had beaten Fulham once.
Fulham at home is the one for me.
2-1 up they are down to 10 men not long left & we didn't manage to hold on.

Having said that for a team to get mid to high 80+ points 2 seasons running & not win a title is incredibly tough to take.

Unfortunately we are in an era of machine like consistency from this City side with the best manager & squad in the league.

I honestly think we deserve to win it this season. Most metrics say so.

Imho we havent really deserved to lose a game all season imho apart from maybe Fulham away?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
United will be a tough game. City more than capable of racking up the goals at Fulham, Sp**s and home to West Ham.
For GD to be relevant City will have to drop points in one of those games so it means they need to gain at least 9 goals on us in only two games. Even though this might be the weakest the league has been in ages, I don't see that happening.

This season really reminds me that sports is an embodiment of life, and sometimes--often perhaps--you can't guarantee an outcome. All you can do is put everything out there and give it your best. I'm very proud of this team and they've inspired me to push to be the best in my profession (or come as close as I can). I'm always going to be fond of Arteta, Rice, Saka, Ødegaard, Saliba, and a whole bunch of other players in this team. They're absolute professionals trying to improve every day and they pushed this historical juggernaut to the utter limits. There's something very beautiful and meaningful in that process even if it doesn't end in silverware.

Of course I hope it does, and we've still got a fighter's chance, but the team has given me a lot of joy and pride this year. That's really all you can ask for as a fan.

NZgunner

watched us live (kick-off was 11.30 pm here in NZ), then got up the next morning to watch highlights of City's cakewalk, which although entirely expected was still deflating

it's too soon for an autopsy, but it is looking very much like the 1 point from 9 (away to Liverpool, home to West Ham, away to Fulham) in the last week of December is where we were hurt the most

Tnegs

Liverpool finished behind this lot with 97 and 92 points. 89 isn’t all that this City team is just different gravy. We saw Chelsea under Mourinho walk the league when he first came in with 2 90+ point seasons and this City side is Chelsea on steroids while Pep is Mourinho without meltdowns. The consistency they have is unprecedented.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom