• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Have a couple big injuries of their own too.

Their midfield outplayed us without Douglas Luiz and Kamara, Rice lone 6 cannot work if we wish to be where want to be, he's a double pivot player with the license to go forward and back.

Rice left 8 in Europe does not work.

He needs Jorginho/partey/Zinchenko to mask his deficiencies on the ball.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Their midfield outplayed us without Douglas Luiz and Kamara, Rice lone 6 cannot work if we wish to be where want to be, he's a double pivot player with the license to go forward and back.

That game vs Villa was all about who scored first, so I am reluctant to make strong statements regarding any of our players off the back of that match. I strongly believe it could have been a 3-4 goal routing had a goal gone in during the opening minutes.

To bring out the best in Rice that left 8 midfielder needs to be done all over again, as Jorge/Partey/Havertz are far too flawed leaving Rice with too much to do.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Again, how can a midfield outplay you by sitting in a mid to low block?

Did you see any clear cut opportunities that came from Villa’s midfield? Outside of counter attacking opportunities and space created by them overloading us in their build up phase?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Rice lone 6 would work just fine in all conditions if we had a proper MF at left 8.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Wrighty said it best

c

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Villa isn’t the game to suggest Rice and Havertz don’t work. The latter was regularly destroying their mid block. Faster, more goal focused forward than Jesus and we likely score from those runs.

Similarly with Rice, only Villa chance came from Zinchenko knocking it on for them.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Still can't understand why we always collapse at this exact stage of every season, arsenal couldn't handled the pressure and expectations after being favourites for about a week, had to drop points the very next game it was in our hands and worse all opposition fans predicted as much.

I'd go hire more psychologists and less players at this stage tbf, it's got to be a mental thing.
Mik is the one who needs a shrink. Buying Kai for 65 million instead of a real attacking midfielder is self sabotage. He is responsible for all three late season collapses. I knew we wouldn’t win anything when he peed away upgrading our attack with Kai. And Tver got hurt long term. Rice ended up being only upgrade from last season; but then we lost Xhaka and Partey so even that was muted.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Atleast they get charges - unlike Bayern who are way more oppressive and do what they want to that league :lol:

And yet Leverkusen found a way :eyess:
Yeah Xabi ain’t a narcissistic bottler who spends 65 million on multiyear flops to make them our highest paid player

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Apparently the last time a team lost 6 games and won the league was in the 90s. Need quite the run

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

@albakos Remember the Forest-Liverpool game? It was this guy reffing.

Last time we were away to Wolves, we got those silly two quick yellows to Martinelli within 15 seconds occurred.
Ready for anything with them, tbh.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom