• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Do you still believe Hydro?

Nah. I said I think when 10 games were left that we needed to win all our home games to have a chance.

I think because how we lost against Villa I dont think we will go unbeaten in the last 5 and that is the minimum to have a chance imo.

I like to see how we respond against Munchen and hopefully we will get that feel good factor back. Top4 and semi-finals is a great season for a team that AM predicted would never compete again.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nah. I said I think when 10 games were left that we needed to win all our home games to have a chance.

I think because how we lost against Villa I dont think we will go unbeaten in the last 5 and that is the minimum to have a chance imo.

I like to see how we respond against Munchen and hopefully we will get that feel good factor back. Top4 and semi-finals is a great season for a team that AM predicted would never compete again.

The response will be critical, we've seen what happens when we dont capitalise on our chances and have paid the price.

Will this be the fatal lesson in our season? Im not so sure, think there are stumbles to come from both City and Liverpool as well. Problem is... as you've said, we've used up our stumble already and there's no more room for failure.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The response will be critical, we've seen what happens when we dont capitalise on our chances and have paid the price.

Will this be the fatal lesson in our season? Im not so sure, think there are stumbles to come from both City and Liverpool as well. Problem is... as you've said, we've used up our stumble already and there's no more room for failure.
Don’t you hate it that i am so right all the time. City isn’t losing watch. It all again comes to Mik’s poor tactics and squad construction. He plays and buys his love interests; like Zinny and Kai over much better players we could have had for cheaper. He doesn’t have it in him, he doesn’t have the chops. Not yet; but there is no guarantee he ever will

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Wenger wisdom there.

He knows what it’s like at this stage of the season, you want to be perfect because you know what you’re up against. But in trying to be perfect, trying to not lose as he says (Rice said it post game as well - not to lose) you play with the handbrake on.

I think the lesson I take from this season is that you need to give yourself room for a mistake at the end of the season. It is important to use the first half of the season to prepare for the second, but you also need to put early points away, for the rainy days that come in April and May.

West Ham, Fulham and Sp**s games, all at home were dropped points this season, that we can’t allow to happen again.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He really should've had more titles had circumstances been perfect.

1999, 2003, 2008, 2011 & 2016.

When the competition is so intense and fierce even a single slip can derail your whole season
1999 - the slip on that awful day of losing to Leeds
2003 - Leeds again, but coupled with some brutal refereeing decisions which injured few of our key players
2008 - same like in 2003 with some brutal ref decisions in close matches, inexperience of a young team
2011 - injuries
2016 - injuries and pressure from stupid fans led by AFTV

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Don’t you hate it that i am so right all the time. City isn’t losing watch. It all again comes to Mik’s poor tactics and squad construction. He plays and buys his love interests; like Zinny and Kai over much better players we could have had for cheaper. He doesn’t have it in him, he doesn’t have the chops. Not yet; but there is no guarantee he ever will

Poor tactics and squad construction = Manchester United. Not Arsenal. You’re never right because you blow things out of proportion.

LookingForEric

When the competition is so intense and fierce even a single slip can derail your whole season
2003 - Leeds again, but coupled with some brutal refereeing decisions which injured few of our key players
2008 - same like in 2003 with some brutal ref decisions in close matches, inexperience of a young team
2011 - injuries

Whilst some factors didn’t help some things are also indefensible and he did make multiple mistakes.

Zazu

2011 - injuries

2011 we'd lost 5 games by Christmas before the really bad injury pile up, and had players like Chamakh, Djourou, Squillaci, Denilson getting significant amounts of game time.

2014 was the better opportunity imo, much better squad overall and we were flying until the injury to Ramsey.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
2011 we'd lost 5 games by Christmas before the really bad injury pile up, and had players like Chamakh, Djourou, Squillaci, Denilson getting significant amounts of game time.

2014 was the better opportunity imo, much better squad overall and we were flying until the injury to Ramsey.
You're right 2014 was more competitive from us. I only commented on the years that @Sapient Hawk mentioned.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Do you understand the level of mental strength needed to perform at this level? To be as consistent as we've been?
Pffft. Dead league and a squad full of bottlers the manager included.

mgid:arc:imageassetref:shared.southpark.us.en:871078f4-35f8-4ffd-9b26-156124e12e7d

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

2014 depth was diabolical though. Sanogo was back up striker ffs.

LookingForEric

Needed a DM and CF at the start of the summer, signed Flamini and Sanogo

guy-jumping-off-balcony-sugasmp4.gif

This is what people sometimes skirt over, the fact the signings made specifically by Wenger were always so lopsided. Yes we had little funds to utilise, I accept that. But it wasn’t often used quite poorly.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom