• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal FC 3-0 AFC Bournemouth | Saturday, May 4th | KO: 12:30 BST | TNT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting lineups:

1714345347558.png

The man's not top dog in Jersey for nothing. He knows there's only so much Angeball can do in the face of a superior outfit :lol:

Seeing as I've contributed massively to our season by shepherding the matchday thread against the denizens of the lost & the damned, I figured I should lend some of my gloss to AM once again as I will our beloved Gunners on to victory. Don't know why I'm even bothering as Google seem to think it's a foregone conclusion.

1714344411017.png

We must be vigilant against this lot, they pushed us all the way last season & they play good football, so we should not slacken in the slightest. But, after the magnificent showing today, I think it's fair to say with a good bit of rest, we should have all the tools to dismantle them if we remain calm.

I certainly am looking forward to this guy losing his rag like he did in the 97th minute last season :lol:

In any case, we're on the cusp of greatness & we have a chance to heap further pressure on 115 Charges FC who, hopefully, won't have it all their way.

God willing, we'll take them all the way to the final Sunday. It is our burden, it is our destiny!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not a worry. At all. It’s one of many strings to our bow.

I disagree. It's great we scored so many and love that Mikel and co respect that part of the game but the difference in open play goals between us and City show we are over reliant IMO.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Should have scored from open play but you have to give them credit.
Smart from Kai to 'win' the pen.
Keeper left his leg there & forward goes over it. That sort of thing has be going on for years & a pen is usually given.
Certainly wont be overturned.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Bro it's a stone wall pen, the keeper's trailing leg brings Kai down.
Look at the furious reaction over no pen for the accidentally millimetre collision before our second goal against Sp**s.

Yet this, CLEAR contact after keeper missed the ball entirely is somehow a lucky decision?! Honestly such a clear pen lmao. Havertz was indeed clever, but it’s a pen nevertheless. Nothing lucky about it.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

No way that is a pen. He leaves his leg trailing. Not that I'm complaining. I'd rather that given to me than against me

Dude those are given *all* the time. There's clean contact, it's not really debatable.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was halfway falling down and he hung a leg, cmon now.
Naah, he was upright when you watch it again. Did he plan it, yes. He left his leg on the floor, knowing the keeper would sweep into him, as opposed to trying to dodge or hurdle the challenge. Did he look for it, yes, but not simulation.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Goal was so important, reckon their game plan was a bit like Villas.

Solanke is dangerous.
yeah, they know if they can hold us off for the first 30 minutes then the game can be swung either way, it is just because of our bad juju when playing under pressure, our average age experience, and several factors that maybe deserve a completely different thread, but yes, most teams will try to play us like that, just because we know if we score in the first 20 minutes we most likely ended up winning it we just go for it, specially at home, and thats when you see us at our best, full of confidence, attacking everywhere, Saliba had a clear chance today from our right side, that is how confident we are that if we go for it the game is over.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I don’t really like those pens given if I am honest. They are hardly overturned but Havertz simulated the contact imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom