• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Routine 3 pts here against 'Arry & his lads. QPR have a miserable away record and I can't see us effing this up. Hopefully the players won't be as merry on sherry as the fans. We need a late Xmas prezzie. 4-1 to The Arsenal.

Might be a time to rest one or two players if we can. Alexis could do with a breather & Theo could do with some game time. If The Ox's groin is still sore from the Xmas season exertions then maybe Tomas could do a job in the middle of the park. From what Arsène is saying, Chambers could do with a post Xmas rest but that might depend on Bellerin's fitness & readiness for action. Could Hayden make a league debut here?

We'll have loads of possession so now we have to do something with it. I can't see them keeping us out but I'm sure Austin will score from some set piece against us.

My scorers: Welbz, Giroud, Theo, Santi

My team:

Szczesny

Bellerin-Debuchy-Per-Gibbs/Monreal

Rosicky-Flamini-Santi

Theo-Giroud-Danny

redanddread

Re: Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sport

I couldn't analyse that **** up of a game that we just played anymore and needed a new topic to discuss. Hoping these jokers can give us some festive cheer!!

redanddread

Been thinking about this game and wonder whether it's time for Podolski to get a run out instead of Theo/Danny.

Toast

Established Member

Theo's only been in training for two days... no way he's ready to play the full 90. 15-20 minutes tops for him.

-----------Back 5
Rosicky - Flamini - Cazorla
Campbell - Giroud - Poldi

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Some honest assessments from Wenger, in regards to our defending. I don't agree that Mertesacker is on the up, judging by his match performances, but Wenger sees him in training every day, so I hope he has a point here.

Resting Chambers means Bellerin should be starting against QPR, with Debuchy staying in the middle which is fine for me. He's made Mertesacker look less awful than Chambers, so I'm all for it, as long as Kos is out.

Wenger will surely ring the changes against QPR, he has to, given our schedule. I don't expect more than four points from the next three games anyway, but beating QPR is the least we should manage.

dysphoria

Established Member

Wouldn't be surprised with any outcome to be honest, we're that unpredictable and yet, we seem to be the team that gives other teams the kickstarts they need.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Watch us give them their first point(s) away from home this season.

Have to win the next three games, QPR, West Ham and Southampton.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

redanddread said:
Routine 3 pts here against 'Arry & his lads. QPR have a miserable away record and I can't see us effing this up. Hopefully the players won't be as merry on sherry as the fans. We need a late Xmas prezzie. 4-1 to The Arsenal.

Might be a time to rest one or two players if we can. Alexis could do with a breather & Theo could do with some game time. If The Ox's groin is still sore from the Xmas season exertions then maybe Tomas could do a job in the middle of the park. From what Arsène is saying, Chambers could do with a post Xmas rest but that might depend on Bellerin's fitness & readiness for action. Could Hayden make a league debut here?

We'll have loads of possession so now we have to do something with it. I can't see them keeping us out but I'm sure Austin will score from some set piece against us.

My team:

Szczesny

Rosicky-Flamini-Santi

Theo-Giroud-Danny

:lol: famous last words. This is the Premier League.

redanddread

Big Poppa said:
redanddread said:

My team:

Szczesny

Rosicky-Flamini-Santi

Theo-Giroud-Danny

:lol: famous last words. This is the Premier League.

I know but QPR are hopeless away from home and we're pretty decent at home. There will be a few goals I reckon.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan

-------------Szczesny
Debuchy-Mertesacker-Monreal-Gibbs
---------Flamini-Cazorla
--------------Rosicky
Walcott--------Giroud------Welbeck

Subs: Ospina, Coquelin, Bellerin, Chamberlain, Alexis, Campbell, Podolski

VancouverCanuck

Isn't Rosicky still injured? He hasn't even male or to the bench the last couple of months.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

redwhiteAustrian said:
Some honest assessments from Wenger, in regards to our defending. I don't agree that Mertesacker is on the up, judging by his match performances, but Wenger sees him in training every day, so I hope he has a point here.

Resting Chambers means Bellerin should be starting against QPR, with Debuchy staying in the middle which is fine for me. He's made Mertesacker look less awful than Chambers, so I'm all for it, as long as Kos is out.

Wenger will surely ring the changes against QPR, he has to, given our schedule. I don't expect more than four points from the next three games anyway, but beating QPR is the least we should manage.

Well you know Wengy is going to back him in public no matter what .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah expect plenty of changes here and still should win, not sure how easy it's going to be QPR seem like a pretty competitive team and although their away record is great they could easily just scrape their away tactics and do what they do at home in terms of playing with 2 up front and really going for it. Away they sit too deep and offer no threat on the break. Plus Austin is great form.

I expect Bellerin to play, Debuchy, Per and maybe even Monreal just to give Gibbs a bit of a rest. Flamini will probably have to play unless he trusts Coquelin. This could also be a game for Poldi and Campbell or even Walcott.

fabo

6.51 / 10

In games like this, I'd always start Podolski. We'll win this one.

Then to turn over the West Ham ***** in a few days time, put them back in their place.

onetowatch

Without wishing to get ahead of ourselves, Utd have some tricky looking ties over the next few weeks and we play West Ham and Southampton. We should be targeting that 3rd spot.

Pires7_Legend

Woijech

Debuchy,Chambers,Mertesacker,Bellerin
Walcott,Flamini,Rosicky,Podolski
Giroud,Welbeck

GDeep™

League is very weak

3 points in the bank. QPR are cack away from home.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Le Coq will start this I reckon.

Pies

dysphoria said:
Wouldn't be surprised with any outcome to be honest, we're that unpredictable and yet, we seem to be the team that gives other teams the kickstarts they need.

Pretty much sums it up. A couple of set pieces and/or f-ups at the back and even they could score a couple goals.

Rorz

Established Member

Would like to see Campbell and Podolski on the wings as they were against Galatasaray, rest Sanchez and one of Giroud/Welbeck for the much tougher trip to West Ham on Sunday.

That said, Podolski always scores against West Ham, so maybe he should be on the bench for this one.

Don't expect to see Walcott get more than 10 minutes at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom