• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Re: Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sport

The Jury said:
No control. No composure. No personality. No balls. No hope.
Jury do you have memory issues? :lol:

Because it seems you've missed the fact that we walked them for 65 minutes, for a spell of that being at 10 men, only conceded through a crap ref decision and could have had a pen of our only a little before that on Mertesacker.

Giroud had an idiotic moment but i thought we dug in pretty well, i don't think one player doing something stupid should mar others doing well. Rosicky looked good until he tired late on, Sanchez as great as always and i thought Debuchy was very good. Gibbs made a few very crafty last ditch tackles.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

SA Gunner said:
Forget ten men excuse, we are pathetic.

I cant see us beating West Ham

We may but they're favourites imo. If we were just a bit more streetsmart we'd be such a better team. The team ethic is there but we're naive and NEVER learn from our mistakes.

onetowatch

Would have been a much easier win but for the missed pen, red card and Atkinson law xmas pressie.

Much needed win.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

SomGooner said:
Is there any referee in the league who is worried/scared of getting a decision wrong when it comes to Arsenal? Is it because we've got team full of pussies? Is it because we've got a manager that the media dubbed 'whinger'?.

No. Yes. Yes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

musicmonkey said:
The Jury said:

haha, you ask me that, but then it seems you've forgotten the last ten minutes. Are you for real?

Yes, we were fine at 2-0, but as soon as pressure was applied, we folded. We folded.

We folded.

GDeep™

League is very weak

SA Gunner said:
GDeep said:
Calm down guys, these are extreme circumstances thanks to Giroud and Atkinson.

City went down to ten against the Saints, what happened?

**** excuse for a **** display, that is all.

Two different teams. We're low on form and confidence, players missing and bit parts playing instead.

We're in a tough spot. You guys are unreasonable.

GDeep™

League is very weak

It was a no contest until Giroud lost his mind. Even then, it was a no contest until Atkinson lost his mind.

We done well today.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I'm not having anyone slag off what was a borderline heroic performance from the guys today.

redanddread

musicmonkey said:
The Jury said:

Because it seems you've missed the fact that we walked them for 65 minutes, for a spell of that being at 10 men, only conceded through a crap ref decision and could have had a pen of our only a little before that on Mertesacker.

Giroud had an idiotic moment but i thought we dug in pretty well, i don't think one player doing something stupid should mar others doing well. Rosicky looked good until he tired late on, Sanchez as great as always and i thought Debuchy was very good. Gibbs made a few very crafty last ditch tackles.

How many times could we write this narrative. Several times per season and that's the problem. This team will NEVER win the big trophies under the current regime because whilst, there's talent the team has not been coached HOW to win. They've been coached to play but they don't know how to win. They lack that 10% extra that the teams that win the big trophies have.

There is no way in a gazillion years we should even be having such a heated debate. How many times in the recent past have managed to keep teams in a game through our profligacy in front of goal, our immature defending and our lack of composure in the tight situations.

musicmonkey

Established Member

The Jury said:
musicmonkey said:
The Jury said:

haha, you ask me that, but then it seems you've forgotten the last ten minutes. Are you for real?

Yes, we were fine at 2-0, but as soon as pressure was applied, we folded. We folded.

We folded.
I'm only messing!

Honestly though so many ott responses tonight. I'm not sure what people were expecting from being down to ten men, we out played them despite it for a good amount of time until we tired and there wasn't a lot on the bench to help that.

The only real effort QPR managed to get on goal was when we cleared it off the line. Szczesny never really made a save yet people are acting like the last ten minutes were an onslaught.

Also how did we fold? They only scored because Atkinson is short sighted.

Toast

Established Member

GDeep said:
I'm not having anyone slag off what was a borderline heroic performance from the guys today.

5zKXz.gif

redanddread

GDeep said:
It was a no contest until Giroud lost his mind. Even then, it was a no contest until Atkinson lost his mind.

We done well today.

That's the point. The game should have been done and dusted. We missed a PK, we got a man sent off idiotically, we gave away a PK and were fortunate not to give another way. We couldn't string two effing passes together at the end. It's pure BS. Heroic defending my arse. QPR had scored a grand total of 3 goals and garnered ZERO points from their 8 away games and yet ended up having more shots on goal than us. We have no class, zero effing knowhow in closing out games. Heroic defending against the crappiest team in the league away from home. If we 'heroically" defend a lead at Wet Spam on Sunday then I'll eat my words gladly. Let me see some heroic defending against a good team away from home-because that is something we do as often as I have a a white Christmas in Jamaica.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

GDeep said:

:lol:

Love you GDeep.

musicmonkey

Established Member

redanddread said:
GDeep said:

We done well today.

That's the point. The game should have been done and dusted. We missed a PK, we got a man sent off idiotically, we gave away a PK and were fortunate not to give another way. We couldn't string two effing passes together at the end. It's pure BS. Heroic defending my arse. QPR had scored a grand total of 3 goals and garnered ZERO points from their 8 away games and yet ended up having more shots on goal than us. We have no class, zero effing knowhow in closing out games. Heroic defending against the crappiest team in the league away from home. If we 'heroically" defend a lead at Wet Spam on Sunday then I'll eat my words gladly. Let me see some heroic defending against a good team away from home.
No we didn't give away a penalty, that implies there was a foul. Atkinson gave it and he also missed the penalty on Mertesacker too.

I think i might be in an alternate universe atm, we just did close out the game! We'd have had a clean sheet without a poor ref's decision. They only had 2 shots on target and one of them was the penalty.

The complaints about Giroud are entirely justified but as i said it shouldn't overshadow the rest of the side.

redanddread

musicmonkey said:
redanddread said:
GDeep said:

We done well today.

That's the point. The game should have been done and dusted. We missed a PK, we got a man sent off idiotically, we gave away a PK and were fortunate not to give another way. We couldn't string two effing passes together at the end. It's pure BS. Heroic defending my arse. QPR had scored a grand total of 3 goals and garnered ZERO points from their 8 away games and yet ended up having more shots on goal than us. We have no class, zero effing knowhow in closing out games. Heroic defending against the crappiest team in the league away from home. If we 'heroically" defend a lead at Wet Spam on Sunday then I'll eat my words gladly. Let me see some heroic defending against a good team away from home.
No we didn't give away a penalty, that implies there was a foul. Atkinson gave it and he also missed the penalty on Mertesacker too.

I think i might be in an alternate universe atm, we just did close out the game! We'd have had a clean sheet without a poor ref's decision. They only had 2 shots on target and one of them was the penalty.

The complaints about Giroud are entirely justified but as i said it shouldn't overshadow the rest of the side.

Because they're absolutely crap away from home. They were marginally better than Galatasary yet somehow we contrived to keep them in the game until the last seconds.

I'm sorry but the way this game played out was typical of the naive manner in which we play football. We have no idea how to manage a game.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

Glad we won, but we made it harder than it need to be. Before Giroud went off, we should have been out of sight. QPR were hopeless and at one point late in the first half, they only mustered 3 passes between themselves in the final third compared to our amount of 60.

We need to be more efficient when in control of a game, because it will make teams like QPR believe they have a chance even when they are being bossed on the pitch.

A couple of good individual performances, but as a team we are not ruthless and we have players that can make a difference, yet we appear to place ourselves in risky positions.

redanddread

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
Glad we won, but we made it harder than it need to be. Before Giroud went off, we should have been out of sight. QPR were hopeless and at one point late in the first half, they only mustered 3 passes between themselves in the final third compared to our amount of 60.

We need to be more efficient when in control of a game, because it will make teams like QPR believe they have a chance even when they are being bossed on the pitch.

A couple of good individual performances, but as a team we are not ruthless
and we have players that can make a difference, yet we appear to place ourselves in risky positions.

How many years now have we been lamenting this particular issue. We're a totally inefficient team in the areas that count-in front of both goals.

vantoure

A lot of hypocritical posts here clearly betray certain posters have as agendas.

Consider a team in the following circumstances
- down to 10 men
- make shift back 5 (considering rosicky's 1stb match in ages)

And yet people expect the team to be dominating the match at that point :roll:

If they had gone gung Ho and head list it, the same posters will cry of naivety.

No wonder arsenal fans are generally referred to as whingy

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

With Giroud off, and Flamini on, we effectively had 9 against 11. Flamini has to be one of the worst players in the league currently. He wouldn't start for another Top 10 team, never mind a CL team. Welbeck is starting to lose my faith. I know he's not been starting down the middle but he needs to be doing a hell of a lot more. Having Rosicky in fine fettle should help us considerably though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom