• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Re: Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sport

vantoure said:
A lot of hypocritical posts here clearly betray certain posters have as agendas.

Consider a team in the following circumstances
- down to 10 men
- make shift back 5 (considering rosicky's 1stb match in ages)

And yet people expect the team to be dominating the match at that point :roll:

If they had gone gung Ho and head list it, the same posters will cry of naivety.

No wonder arsenal fans are generally referred to as whingy

It's embarrassing, but then again so was Giroud being such an idiot letting the rest of the team down.

musicmonkey

Established Member

redanddread said:
Because they're absolutely crap away from home. They were marginally better than Galatasary yet somehow we contrived to keep them in the game until the last seconds.

I'm sorry but the way this game played out was typical of the naive manner in which we play football. We have no idea how to manage a game.
We're not going to agree on this so i'll leave it here. Personally i don't think it's fair to disregard the penalty given by the ref or to put that down to our players or mentality. Without that or an idiotic moment from a single player we walk out of this with a clean sheet or an easy win.

Sure you can point to the fact that a better side would capitalise on this situation but i don't think it's often we see a player red carded for a stupid decision and a referee seeing a penalty that didn't exist every week.

Either way we've got three points, it's not pretty at the moment but hopefully we can just keep plowing through and patch ourselves up in January with one or two additions and some key returning players.

Hope yourself and anyone on AM's had a good Christmas!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

musicmonkey said:
redanddread said:
Because they're absolutely crap away from home. They were marginally better than Galatasary yet somehow we contrived to keep them in the game until the last seconds.

I'm sorry but the way this game played out was typical of the naive manner in which we play football. We have no idea how to manage a game.
We're not going to agree on this so i'll leave it here. Personally i don't think it's fair to disregard the penalty given by the ref or to put that down to our players or mentality. Without that or an idiotic moment from a single player we walk out of this with a clean sheet or an easy win.

Sure you can point to the fact that a better side would capitalise on this situation but i don't think it's often we see a player red carded for a stupid decision and a referee seeing a penalty that didn't exist every week.

Either way we've got three points, it's not pretty at the moment but hopefully we can just keep plowing through and patch ourselves up in January with one or two additions and some key returning players.

Hope yourself and anyone on AM's had a good Christmas!

Nope..... :wink:

Thanks, I've had a wonderful Christmas (and trust everyone on AM did also) and even if we lost or drew I still would have but from a footballing P.O.V, I just want to see some improvement from our team.

What about the penalty that they should have had? A game such as this where we have dominated for so long against a totally inept side, should have been put to bed. Sure if it was a tight game and there were some bad calls then we could moan about the ref. but the game should have been done & dusted.

BTW, how many red cards have Arsenal had this season or has Wenger had in his tenure at Arsenal-answer a ****load. We're not even a dirty team but we make suicidal decisions at times that have cost us so much.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

vantoure said:
A lot of hypocritical posts here clearly betray certain posters have as agendas.

Consider a team in the following circumstances
- down to 10 men
- make shift back 5 (considering rosicky's 1stb match in ages)

And yet people expect the team to be dominating the match at that point :roll:

If they had gone gung Ho and head list it, the same posters will cry of naivety.

No wonder arsenal fans are generally referred to as whingy

I seem to remember a certain Liverpool, down to 10 men with a makeshift back 4 and ZERO strikers, only a week ago-guess who was hanging on then......

Linson

I haven't seen these for a while but I always found it interesting knowing what other people thought, so here it goes; -

Szczesny 7 - Average
Debuchy 7 - Seemed to win most things and got forward well
Mertesacker 6 - Did the job
Monreal 6 - Unconvincing at centre half
Gibbs 6 - Did his job
Flamini 6 - Did his job but little else
Cazorla 7 - Good performance overall
Rosciky 8 - Complete midfielder today; drive, passion, passing, tackling. MOTM for me
Sanchez 7 - Seemed involved everything going forward
Welbeck 6 - Offered little but a high work rate
Giroud 5 - Really offered nothing, feel a little sorry for him as Onuoha absolutely played him though

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Giroud make it hard for ourselves Wenger was so Angry in his press conference about Giroud it was very stupid from Girodu we were 1-0 up and fully controlled the game why you make yourself so stupid?

i really don't get the moaning here we show some balls at lease Giroud sent off and we scored the 2nd goal with 10 men and defended well with 10 men until anc**tson make wrong call when he awarded penalty to QPR it was a never penalty. if Manure Chelsea done it today we will praise them etc.. but instead we moaning and saying our team is crap and will never beat Westham why do you read the future maybe?

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan

First game of the season I've missed and Rosicky starts, plays well and scores. Typical. Thank God I recorded it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

English officiating has gone down the drain recently, we seem to have refs constantly altering the flow/outcome of games, its pathetic really.

At Old Trafford Newcastle got denied a clear pen that could have put them 1-0 up and here ****kinson or whatever his name is really turned a casual affair into a nervy one, by misjudging a challenge that all of us could see was successful from our own flipping screens. Unbelievable.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

So i see people here are so angry cuz we struggled at home against QPR who are have no away points yet in the league.

we scored the 2nd goal playing with 10 men and Wenger set our team deep to defend our lead cuz we are playing with 10 men with 20 minutes to go what's wrong with that? so what you want Wenger to do keep attacking QPR with 10 men? what if that resulted 2 QPR goals? you will call Wenger tactical clueless.

Toast

Established Member

yousif_arsenal said:
So i see people here are so angry because we struggled at home against QPR who are have no away points yet in the league.

we scored the 2nd goal playing with 10 men and Wenger set our team deep to defend our lead because we are playing with 10 men with 20 minutes to go what's wrong with that? so what you want Wenger to do keep attacking QPR with 10 men? what if that resulted 2 QPR goals? you will call Wenger tactical clueless.

Gungh-ho attacking and turtling up aren't the only two options. That's a false dichotomy.

I'm annoyed that we didn't rotate today. I'm annoyed that despite playing our strongest team we struggled against a ridiculously poor QPR side. I'm annoyed that we did not have this game sown up by half time. I'm annoyed that as a result we wasted a lot of energy today.

I'm especially annoyed that after we went 2-0 up we just forfeited the midfield and allowed QPR to pour into the final third to put pressure on our defense. We turtled up and allowed QPR to build momentum and swing in crosses and get off shots. I think turtling up is a very risky strategy. I thought we would've learned from last week. QPR did not have any momentum. They had no creativity and no chance creation in the final third before we turtled up. We simply handed them the chance to attack us by turtling up. Am I supposed to be impressed because Wenger threw on a bunch of defensive players and simply defended the box against a relegation side?

I am also rather annoyed that our players once again were shaking in their boots at the first setback they encountered. Sure, the penalty was a complete gift but that does not excuse our team ****ting themselves and dropping deeper and deeper out of fear of conceding an equalizer. We are so mentally fragile. For all our talk of 'mental strength' we are terribly weak. We couldn't string three passes together towards the end. Defend, defend and hoof it upfield against mighty QPR.

I expect better from this team. Three points are three points and I'm very happy we won, but let's not pretend today was a great performance.

EDIT: for the record, defending our lead was the right call. But we should have simply adopted a slighty more defensive approach and not gone completely defensive. Focus on winning the midfield battle, prevent QPR from gaining momentum and prevent them from fashioning chances. There was no need to immediately park the bus and forfeit the midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal-vs-qpr/Arsène-wenger-gives-giroud-serious-cut-eye-as-he-walks-into-dressing-room.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal ... -room.html</a>

Not happy Arsène.

BobP

Memri Fan

I'll say it again the premier league has what I would consider to be some of the worst standard of refereeing amongst the big leagues of world football.

No consistency whatsoever, for example, I'm not a fan of the refereeing style in Serie A, I find it incentivizes going down with minimal contact but at least they're consistent with that refereeing style meaning players and fans know exactly what to expect.

In contrast, it's an absolute mess in the Premier League. There is no consistency whatsoever, referees will often contradict past precedents they had set themselves on similar incidents. You see the immunity at times of teams such as City, Chelsea and United and you seriously do wonder if there is something badly wrong with the game in the top flight in England.

There are also clear biases in my opinion, you can't tell me that Atkinson officiates games involving our club with no bias present, his record officiating our games speaks for itself.

BobP

Memri Fan

You never win this league by just playing football Wenger knows this, he's no stranger to this league, in fact he knew this so well that he actually directly addressed it earlier in his reign at this club. He saw the utter bullshit that prevailed whenever we came up against Manchester United. If referees aren't capable of ensuring a fair outcome to a game then the players are the one who must be capable of dealing with the malarkey that prevails on the pitch in a game in the Premier League. What does Wenger do? He begins utilizing a bunch of twinkle toed bastards who simply don't have the capabilities to look after themselves nor their teammates and what happens? hilarity ensues, which is evident in the joke that our club has become.

jinjin5000

I don't reallyi know if i could feel upset at Giroud for that.

Onuoha pushed him into Green which could have ended badly for either of them. There has been career ending injuries resulting from those type of pushes into incoming momentum. That act is way more dangerous than the "violent" conduct the headbutt caused. I saw it akin to two footed tackle.

Yes, he should have controlled himself but when someone deliberately tries to injure you like that, you would be livid too regardless of you being paid x per week or so.

Also those head touching has been seen commonly without that disgusting playacting. I am more upset by Atkinson's refreeing than anything else.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

@Toast i know mate you annoyed we didn't finish QPR early and we let them to get back in the game but i'm sure us playing with 10 men and s**t refereeing from anc**tson who gave them penalty that was never a penalty make that happen. i'm sure if Giroud didn't get sent we would have won this game by 3/4-0 and we also could have used Theo at some stage in this game but Giroud very stupid red card f**ked it all up.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal-vs-qpr/mertesacker-fouled-in-the-penalty-area-should-have-been-penalty.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal ... nalty.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how that not penalty? Fer kicked Mertesacker foot.

but anc**tson gave a penalty for this and its show clearly Debuchy kicked the ball away before catching QPR player leg unbelievable really unbelievable.

<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal-vs-qpr/horrible-penalty-decision-against-debuchy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal ... buchy.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Giroud is a ****ing idiot, will miss his in the next three games mainly due to his defensive work on set-pieces. Welbeck has been worse than I thought he'd be here, if he's still like this in the summer we should try and get our money back and bring in a quality striker, thought he'd kick on here but he looks worse here than he did at United.

VancouverCanuck

Yes, we should have finished off the match in the first half.
Yes, Giroud should have kept his cool.
Yes, Alexis could have been rested.

But...

We got 3 points. Kept pace with Manure and Southampton. I am still not happy with the team's performance overall and especially with Wenger. But it's never a bad thing to get 3 points.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

BobP said:
I'll say it again the premier league has what I would consider to be some of the worst standard of refereeing amongst the big leagues of world football.

No consistency whatsoever, for example, I'm not a fan of the refereeing style in Serie A, I find it incentivizes going down with minimal contact but at least they're consistent with that refereeing style meaning players and fans know exactly what to expect.

In contrast, it's an absolute mess in the Premier League. There is no consistency whatsoever, referees will often contradict past precedents they had set themselves on similar incidents. You see the immunity at times of teams such as City, Chelsea and United and you seriously do wonder if there is something badly wrong with the game in the top flight in England.

There are also clear biases in my opinion, you can't tell me that Atkinson officiates games involving our club with no bias present, his record officiating our games speaks for itself.

Yeah I agree , and there is not enough scrutiny either . It's like an old boys club.

BobP

Memri Fan

****ing right Celestis, that's another major issue, checks and balances are weak as piss, have a bad game, get sent down to the lower leagues before being given games in the top flight once more, nothing changes.

You only realize the reasons for this incompetence when you see that it's the once joke of an offical Mike Riley who runs this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom