• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantoure

Re: Premier League: Arsenal vs QPR, 26/12/14, 17:30 BT Sport

Toast said:
yousif_arsenal said:
So i see people here are so angry because we struggled at home against QPR who are have no away points yet in the league.

we scored the 2nd goal playing with 10 men and Wenger set our team deep to defend our lead because we are playing with 10 men with 20 minutes to go what's wrong with that? so what you want Wenger to do keep attacking QPR with 10 men? what if that resulted 2 QPR goals? you will call Wenger tactical clueless.

Gungh-ho attacking and turtling up aren't the only two options. That's a false dichotomy.

I'm annoyed that we didn't rotate today. I'm annoyed that despite playing our strongest team we struggled against a ridiculously poor QPR side. I'm annoyed that we did not have this game sown up by half time. I'm annoyed that as a result we wasted a lot of energy today.

I'm especially annoyed that after we went 2-0 up we just forfeited the midfield and allowed QPR to pour into the final third to put pressure on our defense. We turtled up and allowed QPR to build momentum and swing in crosses and get off shots. I think turtling up is a very risky strategy. I thought we would've learned from last week. QPR did not have any momentum. They had no creativity and no chance creation in the final third before we turtled up. We simply handed them the chance to attack us by turtling up. Am I supposed to be impressed because Wenger threw on a bunch of defensive players and simply defended the box against a relegation side?

I am also rather annoyed that our players once again were shaking in their boots at the first setback they encountered. Sure, the penalty was a complete gift but that does not excuse our team ****ting themselves and dropping deeper and deeper out of fear of conceding an equalizer. We are so mentally fragile. For all our talk of 'mental strength' we are terribly weak. We couldn't string three passes together towards the end. Defend, defend and hoof it upfield against mighty QPR.

I expect better from this team. Three points are three points and I'm very happy we won, but let's not pretend today was a great performance.

EDIT: for the record, defending our lead was the right call. But we should have simply adopted a slighty more defensive approach and not gone completely defensive. Focus on winning the midfield battle, prevent QPR from gaining momentum and prevent them from fashioning chances. There was no need to immediately park the bus and forfeit the midfield.

There's no way the team at its current point is winning a midfield battle when you consider that 2 of the 3 in the supposed midfield aren't originally starters, when you consider Giroud's hold-up role in helping to keep possession, , when you consider that that midfield have not played together this season, when you consider the general make shift nature of the defense and midfield currently.

You Have To realise That real life football is about confidence and momentum as you're watching humans not robots.

@redanddread, regarding the Liverpool game, that was one horrible performance 11v11 or 10v11, I can only file it as 1 of those unexplainable natural phenomena :lol: . I wouldn't put it in the same context as this QPR match at all.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We got three points in a game which we made difficult for ourselves. We saw it out, doesn't matter how or the fact it was QPR it was done.

The slump needs to end picking up three points when down to ten men is very important.

Enfield

Established Member

Hypocrisy is ripe this morning

1. You can't complain about diving and then say Mert deserved a penalty. It was a kick to the sole of his foot, if anything its Fer that should have been hurt
2. You can't complain about us throwing away leads and also not knowing how to defend and then complain when we start defending a lead. You only get better at something by practicing it
3. Giroud is an idiot, end of. Its a contact game, theoretically at least, when contact happens you can't wet the knickers and do what he did. For me Rio and Onuoha annoyed me just as much as Giroud but I couldn't care less about those two clowns

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

BobP said:
******* right Celestis, that's another major issue, checks and balances are weak as piss, have a bad game, get sent down to the lower leagues before being given games in the top flight once more, nothing changes.

You only realize the reasons for this incompetence when you see that it's the once joke of an offical Mike Riley who runs this ****.
The oversight is a bit of a joke too. Anyone remember Sterlings blatant handball cheat act against us, no independent review of it. I think we have to accept refs can get it wrong but the powers that be have the advantage of retrospective action and should take it regardless if the ref has seen it or not. They need help

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

bingobob said:
BobP said:
******* right Celestis, that's another major issue, checks and balances are weak as piss, have a bad game, get sent down to the lower leagues before being given games in the top flight once more, nothing changes.

You only realize the reasons for this incompetence when you see that it's the once joke of an offical Mike Riley who runs this ****.
The oversight is a bit of a joke too. Anyone remember Sterlings blatant handball cheat act against us, no independent review of it. I think we have to accept refs can get it wrong but the powers that be have the advantage of retrospective action and should take it regardless if the ref has seen it or not. They need help

And the ruling bodies have been negligent in their efforts to provide this help.

Toast

Established Member

@Vantoure - we were already winning the midfield battle, even with 10 men. At 2-0 up we should've just adopted a slightly more defensive approach. I.e. push fewer players forward when attacking. There's no way in hell QPR would have cut through us because they were utter ****. Instead, we opted to just defend the box, allowing QPR to get near our box, build momentum and swing in dangerous crosses/put the defense under pressure. They created nothing before we just handed them the chance to bombard the box. We needlessly put ourselves at risk yesterday. How does a team like QPR get 8 shots off in the box (16 in total) at the Emirates?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

yousif_arsenal said:
http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal-vs-qpr/Arsène-wenger-gives-giroud-serious-cut-eye-as-he-walks-into-dressing-room.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not happy Arsène.

You don't see Arsène in tracksuit and trainers too often...

eye4goal

Established Member

The front-three giving it away for fun doesn't help when it comes to seeing out games. I thought the midfield trio did well until the departure of Rosicky.

Enfield

Established Member

I think we'll do just fine with theo back and rosicky ready for more game time. We need kos back to hold the bfg hand and we'll start to string wins. I'd like to see alexis get a break soon for two weeks

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I was content with the result and the performance for the most part, a moment of madness from Giroud (though have a bit of sympathy for him) put us under pressure but we defended well enough to keep the win intact.

Alexis was beyond awesome, his work for Rozza's goal was sensational.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

He thought he won MOTM :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/781B3F63BF1160346940245237760_SW_WEBM_141962249379361e0b20467.mp4?versionId=V1SuxcbwEJGkEgclVP24NOZE50xjc6Gp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264hi ... ZE50xjc6Gp</a>"

beck

Established Member

redanddread said:
This game should be all effing over long time ago. That we have to use our energy seeieng this out is a big difference between us and the real big teams. Chelsea would have closed this out long time.
Chelsea only beat qpr 2-1
Qpr equalized

beck

Established Member

redanddread said:
GDeep said:
It was a no contest until Giroud lost his mind. Even then, it was a no contest until Atkinson lost his mind.

We done well today.

That's the point. The game should have been done and dusted. We missed a PK, we got a man sent off idiotically, we gave away a PK and were fortunate not to give another way. We couldn't string two effing passes together at the end. It's pure BS. Heroic defending my arse. QPR had scored a grand total of 3 goals and garnered ZERO points from their 8 away games and yet ended up having more shots on goal than us. We have no class, zero effing knowhow in closing out games. Heroic defending against the crappiest team in the league away from home. If we 'heroically" defend a lead at Wet Spam on Sunday then I'll eat my words gladly. Let me see some heroic defending against a good team away from home-because that is something we do as often as I have a a white Christmas in Jamaica.
We had 11 shots qpr had 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom