• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Chelsea vs Arsenal | 17 Sep 2017 - 13:30 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was nothing like the Stoke goal. That was clearly guess work on the linesman, yesterday's was miles off.
Whether it was half a boot or half a mile, whether the linesmen guessed or saw it, it was exactly like the Stoke goal . . . . . offside and not given.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax I also relooked at this goal because your post confused me. Yesterday was offside, by a long shot man. No bad luck there at all.
True. Except my post was about Man City getting away with numerous offsides not about the distance. They're getting the luck, we're not. Linesmen make blunders constantly. Have a look at these :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Whether it was half a boot or half a mile, whether the linesmen guessed or saw it, it was exactly like the Stoke goal . . . . . offside and not given.
One should have been given, one shouldn't, it's nothing alike. The Stoke goal should have had the benefit of the doubt go to the striker.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

One should have been given, one shouldn't, it's nothing alike. The Stoke goal should have had the benefit of the doubt go to the striker.
No, they were both technically offside, however you try and spin it. No difference.

The fact that one was much more likely to be spotted than the other is irrelevant. It's like theft is theft, whether you take £5 from your Nan's purse on the quiet or or take part in the great train robbery. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No, they were both technically offside, however you try and spin it. No difference.

The fact that one was much more likely to be spotted than the other is irrelevant. It's like theft is theft, whether you take £5 from your Nan's purse on the quiet or or take part in the great train robbery. :lol:
They are completely different from an officiating point of view. The stoke on was impossible to call in real time. The linesman clearly made a decision on what he thought was happening and not hat happened. Yesterday was a clear cut decision. No bias could play any part.

Eri

Before the kick off I would have been happy with the point.
This only being due to not knowing which Arsenal would turn up.

After watching the game I feel disappointed with the result.
We had the best chances and completely dominated the first half.
Should have scored at least one of the chances we had.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Before the kick off I would have been happy with the point.
This only being due to not knowing which Arsenal would turn up.

After watching the game I feel disappointed with the result.
We had the best chances and completely dominated the first half.
Should have scored at least one of the chances we had.

That's a good thing though, I'd take feeling like it's 2 points dropped almost as a positive. It's a step in the right direction at least! First team to get a clean sheet vs Conte at Stamford Bridge.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Anyone reading this thread could mistakenly think @Makingtrax predicted a win or a draw by the way he's gloating. Oh, but he had to predict Chelsea to stay consistent to his squad cost argument. That's alright then :lol::lol:
Didn't mention draws, just a 15% chance of winning from history. Which turned out about right, because try as we might, we still didn't win. :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Wanted to mention how impressed I was with our shape. Our players weren't miles away from each other and this resulted us being able to get some really good triangles going which is the way we like to play.

There was a graphic put up by Sky which showed the average position of our XI and it was just about perfect. Credit to the team and credit to Arsène for executing the game plan on the day. May this continue for the rest of the season.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Anyone reading this thread could mistakenly think @Makingtrax predicted a win or a draw by the way he's gloating. Oh, but he had to predict Chelsea to stay consistent to his squad cost argument. That's alright then :lol::lol:

:lol:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/thr...17-13-30-sky-sports.30490/page-7#post-4433861

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom