• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Derby County v Arsenal, Mon 28th at 8pm

Asterix

Established Member
RC8, please edit this thread when or if you get the chance. I'm a bit early, but hey, we've got not much else to look forward to for a while!

We should be playing largely the same team that beat Reading, except we may see Fabianski in goal and Eboue in for Hleb if he gets suspended - perhaps Walcott could shift to the left. Diaby is another option depending on how he recovers from the minor knock he picked up in the Reserves win over West Ham.

Often teams that have their relegation confirmed then relax and win a game or two, but Derby are just rubbish. We really should put 4 past them. Time for Robin to score from open play, and another from Walcott, and Adebayor, and one from Gallas, just to help my fantasy league team......

longrufus

Established Member
Should be a good game, Wenger might give a chance for some of the reserve team or fringe players.

I'd like to see Denilson start alongside Fabregas, see how they got on beside each other. The likes of Traore and Barazite may get some minutes in the run in, Derby would be the ideal oppertunity.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
We can play some reserves players, Fabianski is expected to play. I hope diaby and denilson comes into the squad as well.

Time for a good thrashing

mccroix

Somehow I'm really looking forward to this...

have a few beers on the couch after work and enjoy some attacking football.
Hopefully Walcott in the starting XI and I'm interested to see some of Fabianski after the CC

tam1886

Established Member
An end of season 7-0 please. I want the biggest win of the season against them. We could have put four or five past Reading, time to make up for those misses against the worst Premier League team in history.

-----------------Fabianski

Eboue----Senderos----Gallas--Clichy

Walcott--Fabregas-Denilson--Traore

---------------RvP--Adebayor

Wouldn't mind seeing that lineup. Strong enough to beat Derby, and gives the fringe players a run out. We'll more than likely see Gilberto play though.

Lancelot

Established Member
longrufus said:
Should be a good game, Wenger might give a chance for some of the reserve team or fringe players.

I'd like to see Denilson start alongside Fabregas, see how they got on beside each other. The likes of Traore and Barazite may get some minutes in the run in, Derby would be the ideal oppertunity.
Completely agree with that, Longrufus, especially the bold part.

Let’s see what the young Brazilian has in his tank; who knows, Denilson might just outdo the 'Flamini' and make his potential departure irrelevant. I'm going to go with a 4-0+ massacre on this one.

McIntyre

Established Member
I really hope Wenger takes this seriously and plays a proper team. We can still bag second if we win all our remaining games and I'd hate for us to suffer the ignominy of being one of the few teams Derby took points off. Playing a very weakened team would encourage a sense of complacency.

I'd hope to see Lehmann start considering he's only got three more games to play in an Arsenal shirt. Let the guy leave with his dignity intact rather than giving Fabianski experience he can easily gain next season. Also, considering these could be Gilberto's final games give him another run out. Maybe bring Denilson in for Cesc to give him some rest. Walcott to start again and maybe give Clichy the day off after an outstanding season, replaced by Traore. And I guess Diaby will have to come in for Hleb if he's fit. If not, we're likely to see Eboue right and Walcott/ van Persie left. This is who I'd start with:

Lehmann

Toure - Song - Gallas - Traore

Walcott - Denilson - Gilberto - Diaby

van Persie - Adebayor

Feanor

Established Member
I thought it was going to be hard to get excited about these last few games until I realized we only 3 games left and then it's on to the usual grueling June-July period where all of our get players get linked with clubs in Spain or Italy. Man, I'm really going to enjoy these last 3 games. No Hleb so it will be interesting to see who plays on the other side from Theo. I would like to see some of the upcoming players get a chance, don't know if Barazite has recovered from his broken arm/wrist yet. Maybe Kiera Gibbs?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
McIntyre said:
Also, considering these could be Gilberto's final games give him another run out. Maybe bring Denilson in for Cesc to give him some rest.

Nice idea, but rest Cesc? For what?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
good.. let him play.. give him some league experience... its a far cry from playing in the CC...

i also agree with giving a couple of our other young players a bit of time like Denilson and Traore (at LM of course, not at LB)... Walcott should certainly start, but at RM (since Hleb is gone for the rest of the season)

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I am looking forward to not stressing out on the outcome.

I was watching the CL last night with a mate who is a Chav fan and he was really stressed out until the final second. I told him that is what it is like being an Arsenal fan.

He said, "yeah I was doing a gooner for while there". - That will be the new slang for stressing out I reckon.

SO, I expect a good romp and a nice clean sheet.

Kain

Established Member
Rather not rest any players except those with transfer issues if they dont want to play for us they can miss rest of season and players who do can get their spots simple, other than that the higher points tally we can reach idealy 9 points from the last 3 games if all goes well leaves us on 83 points, if we can do that and gain a superior goal difference over Chelsea & Liverpool that would leave us with a good goal to set the team up for next season.

We were fortunate enough to win the game before half time against Reading something we've failed to do pretty much all season lets try win before half time here aswell.

Derby wont give a crap about this game, away to Blackburn then home to Reading they will fancy their chances alot more of picking up points and not beeing the worst team in primership history then going all out against us.

Jameel46

Established Member
i like fabianski and am hoping he can make the #1 spot his permanently in the near future. Senderos should be back for this game and hopefully it gives a boost to his confidence. i'm thinking leave Gallas out but that may make him a bit too paranoid about his situation at the club. anyway, a few rests but still a strong line-up please.

Fabianski

Traore
Gallas(c) / Toure
Senderos
Hoyte

Diaby
Gilberto / (c)
Denilson
Walcott

Bendtner
VP
----
Lehmann
Toure / Song
Song / Clichy
Cesc
Adebayor

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
personally, i dont want Traore anywhere newr the LB position with Diaby ahead of him.. to that end, i think Diaby was injured in a reserve game, no?

i say we keep Clichy at LB, put Eboue at RB...

not sure about our midfield though... im sure we should start Theo at RM since Hleb is gone for the season.... i say we throw Traore at LM (he's been playing that in the reserves and playing it fairly well from accounts i hear).... Cesc & Denilson in the middle (or Flams if Wenger really wants to keep him) and put RvP up front with Ade or Nik

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Flamini still injured? I haven't heard anything new on it; he's still listed as injured on arsenal.com.

Probably seen the last of him and now Hleb on the field this season.

Top Bottom