• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Derby County v Arsenal, Mon 28th at 8pm

McIntyre

Established Member
Totally agree with all that Tactica442 said.

Denilson needs to bulk up a bit more because he got outmuscled a number of times.

Bendtner was patchy. Gave the ball away a lot, which would be punished by a better team. Won only a few headers, most of which came to nothing. Definately looked better as the game went on and it opened out a bit more.

Glad we won comfortably in the end but some players did look complacent, and it's that overly relaxed attitude that has cost us at times this season. Letting two goals in against Derby summed that up.

RC8

Established Member
Ah, forgot to mention: Arsenal will win the title next season. Southampton, anyone?

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Darren Moore shouldn't be playing premiership football, he makes Cygan look world class.
The amount of time and space we had tonight was laughable like we were playing a pub team which made things so much easier for players like Fabregas.
I think everyone was above average bar the defence at times and Eboue against a team like Derby.

I feel Van Persie is a important part of the team even with Adebayor scoring so many this season if only he could stay fit. The goal scoring flair he has and his set piece taking will be key next season.
If only he wasn't so rusty he would of put those chances away and we wouldn't be moaning even if he went off at half time.

sesquioxide

McIntyre said:
Letting two goals in against Derby summed that up.

Yes, and on that note by scoring 6 we have managed to take our league goal tally to 2 less than Manchester United, 72 to 74, while by conceding 2 we managed to keep our goal conceded tally to 10 more, 31 to 21.

We are 3 % worse than Manchester United in goals scored and 47% worse than Mancester United in goals conceded. I think it is clear where we were found lacking compared to them and it is the biggest issue to be addressed.

go49oner

Established Member
RC8 said:
Ah, forgot to mention: Arsenal will win the title next season. Southampton, anyone?

You seem to be bit obsessed with Southampton lately :lol: , anyways if we do win the title this season, I will come all the way to Chile and be your personal butler for whole year.

Taozhe

Point taken. We are getting Liverpool Derby Syndrome - ;)

Its not good that we concede two goals. We need to address that problem.

Wenger should had blood youngsters at the back, not Gallas whose mind is clearly off the title

RC8

Established Member
go49oner said:
RC8 said:

You seem to be bit obsessed with Southampton lately :lol: , anyways if we do win the title this season, I will come all the way to Chile and be your personal butler for whole year.

I never said we'd win it this season, I said next. But if we do win the title this season I will take your offer.

I said before I wanted us to win 6-2 like we had against Southampton, and we did. Now the title is ours to lose next season :lol:

gunner_down_under

qs said:
Yeah Fab was out standing, really did a great job of pulling the strings in midfield. Thought Denilson did pretty well too, some of his passing makes me think he could play in a Pirlo/Alonso style role in midfield. Needs more experience to do it every week though.

Touré was great too, played in some great balls for the strikers.

Also our fans were great, singing Vieira wooahh, Bergkamp Wonderland, Ian WrightWrightWright and loads more. Brilliant stuff.

and "Thierry Henry Thierry Henry Thierry Henry" after that!

Anzac

Established Member
a good moral boosting win despite an indifferent performance..........great to see Ade come off the bench & bag 3 to take him to 30 for the season..........also good to see RVP, Theo & Nick also score.............

Rohit

Established Member
Loved watching Bendtner last night. He was aggressive, charged at the defence when he got the ball, lost it too, but the aggression was good to see.

kel varnsen

Established Member
fabregas was by far the best player on the pitch yesterday. sometimes i feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves, maybe as he is arguably the biggest name here and everyone takes him "for granted". adebayor, song, bendtner, walcott, clichy etc all get praised after the game, but fabregas was the one who truly shone yesterday. as he has for most of the season.

he did whatever he felt like yesterday. he won challenges at will, kept the ball and drove past defenders like they weren't there. imo, he is the best central midfielder in the premiership and maybe the world. he has gotten physically much stronger and quicker in recent years. he shields the ball brilliantly and his vision and passing range and skill is unmatched. great staminia as well. the perfect central midfielder.

Legend#1

Established Member
Our defence really is turgid.

Not individually, but as a team, we can't defend at all.

We conceded 2 to Derby County ffs.

They've only scored 2 against one team other than us, and that was Newcastle.

Really is embarrassing.

Positives:

I thought Bendtner was very, very good.
Cesc run it with ease.
Adebayor got a great hat trick.
Theo's improved so much.

qs

Established Member
Legend#1 said:

and Pompey and Fulham. But none of them scored 6.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Who cares about the 2 goals if you can score 6? Besides you could see it was a typical end of the season game. Very open and lively with both teams completly stretched all over the pitch.

Very enjoyable game. Loved it really.

Legend#1

Established Member
qs said:
Legend#1 said:

and Pompey and Fulham. But none of them scored 6.

Really?

Well, my bad.

I read somewhere that it was only Newcastle.

My point about our defence still stands :eek:ops:

sparky44

I know its a big if...

But imagine if we did win the title? How incredible would that be? I'm not giving up, if theres still a chance to win it then lets go for it

Latest posts

Top Bottom