• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Financial Regulations

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Wow that would be a huge change…

We starting building our squad with big money at the best time.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm not sure that is will make much difference as so far I have only seen mention of it regarding wages.

I saw a real World example from the 2021-22 season where Norwich had the lowest income. With the multiplier the wage cap was £402m, during that season Manchester United had the highest wage bill in the league with £384m!

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Newcastle voted for, Villa against. Are these two not in similar boats right now r.e. bumping FFP limits and trying to spend with the top of the league?

Do these rules drastically impact either for better or worst?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Newcastle voted for, Villa against. Are these two not in similar boats right now r.e. bumping FFP limits and trying to spend with the top of the league?

Do these rules drastically impact either for better or worst?
I can't speak for Newcastle, but I can completely understand why Villa have voted against it.

Teams in European competitions can only spend 70% of their turnover, whilst teams not in Europe can spend 85%

We haven't caught up to other CL/Europa teams in terms of revenue so we'd essentially be penalised for qualifying for Europe because we'd be restricted to spending far less than those clubs. 70% of Sp**s' or Arsenal's or Man City's turnover is a hell of a lot more than 70% of Villa's at the moment

It sounds like yet another way to make it harder for clubs to break the "big 6"

Edit: to give it context, after this season I'd consider Sp**s a direct rival for us, in the short term at least. These rules would allow Sp**s to spend about £400m. it would restrict Villa to spending about £150m

TornadoTed

Established Member
Edit: to give it context, after this season I'd consider Sp**s a direct rival for us, in the short term at least. These rules would allow Sp**s to spend about £400m. it would restrict Villa to spending about £150m
How are those figures worked out? I thought it was a cap of x5 what the lowest earning team for everyone.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
How are those figures worked out? I thought it was a cap of x5 what the lowest earning team for everyone.

I believe it’s alongside. So you could only spend 70% of your revenue as long as it’s below the threshold of x5 the lowest placed team’s TV revenue.

Lowest placed team in the prem gets about £100m in TV revenue. So my understanding is you can spend 70% of your turnover as long as that’s below £500m

But I’m not 100% sure to be honest so I’m happy to be corrected

TornadoTed

Established Member
I believe it’s alongside. So you could only spend 70% of your revenue as long as it’s below the threshold of x5 the lowest placed team’s TV revenue.

Lowest placed team in the prem gets about £100m in TV revenue. So my understanding is you can spend 70% of your turnover as long as that’s below £500m

But I’m not 100% sure to be honest so I’m happy to be corrected
Ah OK, that makes far more sense to be honest. I couldn't see how allowing say Luton to spend £500m on wages would be good for protecting clubs from overstretching themselves 😂

£500m is roughly 70% of £715m so this isn't really going to effect any of the top clubs as usual.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom