• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 , SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
823989-1.jpg

----------------Szczesny
Debuchy-Mertesacker-Chambers-Gibbs
--------------Chamberlain-Flamini
-----------------Cazorla
Alexis-----------Giroud-------Welbeck

Rorz

Established Member
Re: Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 ,

Liverpool have a midweek League cup tie away to in-form Bournemouth this week, hopefully they play a good few of the first team and tire themselves out/pick up suspensions etc.

Their defence is worse than ours this season, if we take our chances we have a huge chance of winning. Would be pretty disappointing to lose to Liverpool right now considering their form this season.

Team as above!

Rorz

Established Member

And if our team isn't fired up for revenge after last season's Anfield debacle then they can all be sold in January!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Should beat them but we won't, 1-0 or 2-1 Liverpool I think.

Arteta and Walcott back is huge if true, though I'm guessing only Arteta will start.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Even with Liverpool s**t form but they are still dangerous counter attacking team we need to be very solid defensively. i hope we get best result a win here will be very massive.

Scezcney

Debuchy Chambers Merte Gibbs

Arteta (If fit) Ox

Sanchez Cazorla Welbeck

Giroud

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah Chambers and Arteta would be my only changes from the Newcastle game. Start like we did in that game and we should really punish this lot!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Although we have a decent record at Anfield under Wenger, the spectre of last year's humiliation is still fresh. I guess this is as good a time to face Liverpool as any. Their confidence is low and they have no strikers in top form plus their defense is all over the shop.

Our record in the big away games over the last 18 months has been appalling, so anything can happen here. A win would be fantastic and on paper we should be able to do it but the players will have to show up on the day if we're to get anything from this game.

Expect a few goals here. I'm going for an old favourite at Anfield, 2-1 to the Gunners.

Will Arteta be back? Hopefully The Ox will not be sidelined with his groin injury.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Rorz said:
Liverpool have a midweek League cup tie away to in-form Bournemouth this week, hopefully they play a good few of the first team and tire themselves out/pick up suspensions etc.

Their defence is worse than ours this season, if we take our chances we have a huge chance of winning. Would be pretty disappointing to lose to Liverpool right now considering their form this season.

Team as above!

There will be changes but this a cup tie Rodgers dare not lose, so I expect him to field a strong side.

DasBootist

I just hope Lovren doesn't miss the match. I've really enjoyed his performances this season, for Liverpool.

As for the match; no excuses not to take three points from this match. Suarez papered over the cracks last year for them, as they have a pretty terrible squad (have had for years, actually). I would like a clean-sheet, though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rodgers said he's keeping Brad Jones as starter indefinitely which is a plus. Kolo looked terrible yesterday as well so there's hardly anyone they can drop Lovren for.

Even though they're ****e we need to be careful here, hope Wenger's tightened us up since the February massacre. Big step towards 4th if we win this.

VancouverCanuck

I thought Liverpool didn't play poorly yardstick. Facing another keeper, it could've been a draw. Hopefully they will be demoralize and we get our revenge.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Tough game to predict, as both sides have their issues this season. In contrast to Liverpool, we seem to have worked on certain aspects of our game over the last couple of weeks, but since we're away to a big "rival", I'm not going to hold my breath for a win here.

We have to beat them, there are no two ways about it, though.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

Is Sturridge back? Either way we really should be taking 3 points with the form they're in and I fancy us to do so. This is the time we need to build some momentum and actually get a better result than last year.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Two dodgy defences going against each other - at least our attack is better this time around. Get a result here and continue to build momentum.

mo50

Established Member

Liverpool are sh*t srely we can't mess this up? I reckon we'll nick a 1-0 win. Hopefully Koscielny is fit.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

There's still so much football to be played this season, I can't see Wenger risking Kos for this game. There was talk of him needing a rest for three months, so I don't see him in the squad anyway.

ScotVieira

Established Member

This is a game we should win. However, I think Liverpool will exploit Per's snail speed especially with Sterling. I'm pretty certain Sterling will be instructed to target Per with speed and he will definitely make nonsense of Per.

If we don't allow Sterling to run at Per (our midfield can do that job) and we watch their counters, we'll beat them easily.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan

Sterling is so wasteful in front of goal. Going to just put this out there: Sterling is just a glorified Gervinho. All fizzle, no pop. Sterling is comfortably better, with a better first touch and a more effective dribbler, not having the tendency to double back on himself and try and take the same man on again, failing second time around. But he's a poor finisher and his final ball could use some work.

ScotVieira

Established Member

If he consistently goes past Per, there'll be havoc in our defence whether he puts them away or not.

Did he not score against us last season?

Enfield

Established Member

It would be nice to take on another team and just put them to the sword. We are streets ahead of these guys. We took on an equivalent team last weekend and when our attitude was up where it should be then there was only ever going to be one winner.

Add that to the fact our guys have a great chance of playing a CL quarter semi and we have a fit and firing Theo and Özil to come back along with the possibility of a CB or CDM we should be romping all the way to January

We can do this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom