• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 , SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Re: Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 ,

Cazorla has been playing better than Özil was tbf. Bar a couple of games, I thought Ramsey was having a mare this season too tbh.

There's been more than enough stinkers in the big games over the years to convince me that very little would have changed with one or two players in the side.

Typical Arsenal, always making excuses. Pathetic 'big' club.

Toast

Established Member

^^ That's such a lazy excuse... Read Big Poppa's post again.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not really bothered today about the result, we'll get fourth and that's what this club is all about now, we'll sign another star in the summer and neglect the defence either by signing nobody, not getting enough in or buying cheap alternatives rather than getting an Özil/Alexis calibre player at the back.

Bored of it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm less confident of fourth, this is as probably as bad as I've seen us play right now, if Sp**s or Liverpool go on a semi-decent run then we're f****d.

Won't be celebrating at all if we do get it though, a lot needs to change at this club and merely meeting expectations isn't enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Even if we put our stronger first 11 against a big team away from home we will lose the problem is mentally if our players are up for it tactics or not they will fight to win the game but when our players are scared and s**ting themselves from 1st minute just like yesterday 1st half even with the best tactics in the world we will drop points. i agree tactics could change games but look at Liverpool yesterday they outplayed us had a f**king 27 shoots but they needed a 97 minute goal to get out with a point.

until our players start be strong mentally against top teams we will see change with Wenger or without Wenger.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

I really don't f**king care about finishing top 4 yeah it will be nice to play with the elite clubs and without CL we could have not seen Alexis or Özil playing in Arsenal shirt but what the f**king point? our club just cares about the money they got from this competition, also we can't win it until we have a quality squad just like Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

yousif_arsenal said:
I really don't f**king care about finishing top 4 yeah it will be nice to play with the elite clubs and without CL we could have not seen Alexis or Özil playing in Arsenal shirt but what the f**king point? our club just cares about the money they got from this competition, also we can't win it until we have a quality squad just like Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

:lol: We need that money to pay the players we have on our books. What do you think will happen when our best players' contracts are up and we can't pay what clubs in the CL are prepared to offer? Its not just that but sponsorship contracts are heavily CL incentivised. Our balance sheet allows us to trade as a viable business, which in turn allows us to compete for success on the football pitch.

Don't let the fact that we are making brain farts in the transfer market and on the pitch get in the way of the fact that we are still in a much better position than the vast majority of clubs in this league by virtue of getting Top 4.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

My 5 cents worths.

1. Arsenal Fan TV is just for fun. Kudos to Robbie for setting it up. These are some real Arsenal fans here-the die hard. Most know diddly squat about tactics etc but it's just FUN. I love watching it but understand that a lot of the guys speak BS but a lot of it's hilarious.

2. The team lacks real leaders. Someone who can motivate & organize through word & action. We've lacked that since Viera. In a tough, hostile away environment, those players stand up to be counted.

3. I think a fit Arteta might have made "some" difference yesterday as he's much better on the ball than Flamini. However, to think that slotting in two or three of injured stars would have instantly solved the tactical issues we confronted is a fallacy imo.

4. For most of the game we weren't winning the 50-50's ( we often do at home) and this was killing us. Liverpool were quicker and stronger into the the tackles than we were. Remember when Viera would put in a crunching tackle away from home, nick the ball and elegantly stride away up field to launch an attack.

5. I do care about us achieving 4th, even if it means keeping Wenger. It's easy to say that we want to fail in our annual quest for 4th but it can have potentially serious ramifications for us on the pitch-i.e not getting the players we want. Money wise, we'd be okay but deep down I'm sure all of us want to see Arsenal playing CL football.

redanddread

One thing is for sure, unless our midfield is more combative, competitive, braver on the ball and more tactically aware, we are going to struggle severely at West Ham & Southampton. Brace ourselves for a very tough holiday season here.

redanddread

Interesting that Rodgers complained about the state of the pitch. It did look chewed up on TV. Strange, as Anfield is normally a great playing surface.

infineon

Established Member

redanddread said:
One thing is for sure, unless our midfield is more combative, competitive, braver on the ball and more tactically aware, we are going to struggle severely at West Ham & Southampton. Brace ourselves for a very tough holiday season here.
Oh god. Alex Song is going to have the game of his life. You just know it ...

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

We'll have to stay compact and defensive, give the opposition the ball. We have no capacity whatsoever at the moment to dominate games especially away from home.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Will Theo be able to play? He won us this fixture on his own pretty much, last year during the Christmas season.

redanddread

Rex Banner said:
Will Theo be able to play? He won us this fixture on his own pretty much, last year during the Christmas season.

He must be in contention for a run out.

redanddread

Excerpt from article on blogsite "The Liverpool Way"

Liverpool 2 Arsenal 2 - "Some thoughts" by Paul Natton
Dec 22 2014 02:14 PM | tlw content in Misc Articles

1. A point was the least we deserved. We absolutely dominated that game from start to finish and how Arsenal managed to ever be in the lead is beyond me. I thought we'd been poor this season, but they were awful. Now I know why some of their natives are so restless: it's not just the trophy drought; they're actually not very good either. I don't think I've ever seen a Wenger team sit as deep as they did in the first half. Maybe they've been so scarred by what happened in this fixture last season they felt they had no choice.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php/articles.html/_/fe/misc-articles/liverpool-2-arsenal-2-some-thoughts-by-paul-natton-r729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php ... atton-r729</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

redanddread said:
Excerpt from article on blogsite "The Liverpool Way"

Liverpool 2 Arsenal 2 - "Some thoughts" by Paul Natton
Dec 22 2014 02:14 PM | tlw content in Misc Articles

1. A point was the least we deserved. We absolutely dominated that game from start to finish and how Arsenal managed to ever be in the lead is beyond me. I thought we'd been poor this season, but they were awful. Now I know why some of their natives are so restless: it's not just the trophy drought; they're actually not very good either. I don't think I've ever seen a Wenger team sit as deep as they did in the first half. Maybe they've been so scarred by what happened in this fixture last season they felt they had no choice.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php/articles.html/_/fe/misc-articles/liverpool-2-arsenal-2-some-thoughts-by-paul-natton-r729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php ... atton-r729</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well we were playing very good football last season and go attack them from the first minute and we lost 5-1 at Anfield so that why Wenger setting his team deep cuz with OX Flamini in midfield going attack from 1st minute in not the best idea.

also his point of call our team performing worse then Liverpool this season i think i disagree we have a very good attacking talent what is holding us back at the moment is very shaky defense and alot of injures. i think Arsenal and Liverpool have the same problem is s**t defense that costing the both teams alot of points.

Enfield

Established Member

Am I the only one who thinks Wenger has got our last two trips to Anfield the wrong way around.

Last time they were gung ho and we had a few points to spare at the top of the table. We rock up and try to outplay the best attack in the league. We get trounced.

This time around we have by far the better attack and the better team and we try to sit back and do something that we clearly are not being coached to do. We end up getting dominated by the worst Liverpool team we have seen in a long time.

On both occasions we played into our opponents hands and let a sucked get an even break.

Pound for pound we have as good an attack as most other teams. And a god awful defense with an insult for a captain.

Yet we try to sit back from the start and not bother taking shots on the worst GK in the league. If Sanchez or Welbeck were tired/hurt/down on form why not stick in Podolski and let him get involved.

Same horsesh1t different day.

At least we have a nice spread of players to come back in the new year.

Kos, Ramsey, Özil and Theo

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Rex Banner said:

Theo just back to full training last Friday so against QPR maybe he'll start.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Oh yeah forgot we've got QPR first, I'd save him for West Ham which will be a much tougher game.

General

Established Member

Wenger reacted to Liverpool's tactics all right by asking Welbeck and Giroud to tuck in. This stopped Coutinho and Markovic from having free reign like they did in the first half. No surprises Markovic was eventually taken off.

Thing is we don't have the personnel to play the compact game and tactics can only take you so far. The defensive midfield position is the biggest hole in the team and has been for a long time. We have no credible pivot between defence and attack and the system relies too much on everyone chipping in. Flamini is out of his depth, he outwits to manourvre and cannot even double up as the third CB like other DMs because of his demunitive nature. Ox was surrendering possession so much he became a liability and was eventually hauled off.

Wenger's biggest mistake came after Liverpool were reduced to 10men. He saw 3points and tried to cling on to it like Mourinho often does when we should've taken the initiative and pressed Liverpool. They were allowed far too much time on the ball and I'm surprised we didn't end of losing the game.

Bit of false dawn being peddled by the Liverpool advocates but they have bigger issues than us. Our problems are a little better defined and we have also have better potential. We win this game if it was at our place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom