• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Coquelin has to start this one alongside Xhaka, maybe even go for an extra man in midfield and do something like this.

Cech
Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka
Bellerin Coquelin Ramsey Kolasinac
Özil
Lacazette
Subs: Ospina, Mertesacker, Chamberlain, Elneny, Iwobi, Welbeck, Giroud

A midfield comprising of Coquelin, Xhaka, Bellerin. This is getting disgusting.

We're lucky Coutinho and Lallana won't be playing.

Mike Vinna

A midfield comprising of Coquelin, Xhaka, Bellerin. This is getting disgusting.

We're lucky Coutinho and Lallana won't be playing.

That's a midfield consisting of Xhaka, Coquelin, Ramsey and Özil(if you count him) so I don't know what you're getting at. I'd agree with that line-up, too. Except I'd play Ox instead of Bellerin. At least with Ox and Kola on the wingbacks you'd have pace, power and crossing. With Özil behind Laca as a sort of front two you can be sure we'll take that one big chance we'll get on the break. Screw Welbeck I've had enough of that work-horse and he'd waste the couple of chances we'd get here if Liverpool show up.

EDIT: I'll just be happy if Monreal doesn't start in the centre of a back three (how the hell can Wenger even try that) and Welbz is nowhere near the starting line-up.

Cech

Mustafi Koscielny Monreal

Chambo Rambo Coq Xhaka Kolasinac

Özil

Lacazette
Scoring goals will all depend on whether Xhaka and Mesut will actually spot those Lacazette runs on the shoulders of Pool's terrible central defense..

zhaggy

Think the key is to nullify Mane, have a plan for pools pressing and exploit their backline.
With that said i just cant see us being victorious, that would require us to suddenly become the defensive beast from the past.
2-2 laca and rambo.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Expecting Kolasinac on the bench for this one. We'll have Mustafi/Kos/Monreal at CB and then he'll continue with this weird Bellerin and Ox ****. Who knows which one will be on the left and which one will be on the right.

coolaa

Cech
Mustafi Per Kos
Ox Ramsey Coquelin Kolasinac
Sanchez Lacazette
Welbeck

Ospina, Bellerin, Monreal, Xhaka, Giroud, Iwobi, Özil

I would have Coquelin stay close to Per do double up marking whenever needed to cover up Per's weakness in pace.

I actually think Welbeck does better as a lone striker than Giroud and Lazaette. Welbeck does not have to be a 10 goal+ striker, but his athleticism is so good that he certainly can beat defenders in the air or by pace in every game(I can only think of Bailly and Kompany that would match Welbeck's pace/height/strength as a defender in the league), and that create space for Sanchez and Lacazette to score as a second striker. And the fact is Sanchez and Lacazette are killers that can score anywhere when they have space.

At the moment when we play Welback and Özil, the problem is that even though Lacazette has great finishing, he is not mobile enough to lose his markers and Özil is not that amazingly good as provider(any opponents' being rough on Özil, and would disappear) and Welbeck is pretty useless as an AM.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why would he leave Kolasinac on the bench?

Two reasons i can see. He doesn't seem ready to drop either Bellerin or Ox at the minute, and having Kolasinac on the bench means you don't need more than one defender on there. Personally i wouldn't do it but Arsène is probably thinking like that.

Jae

If Mane and Salah are on form we are getting turned over, no two ways about it.

Have to pray that their defence performs worse than ours.

coolaa

Two reasons i can see. He doesn't seem ready to drop either Bellerin or Ox at the minute, and having Kolasinac on the bench means you don't need more than one defender on there. Personally i wouldn't do it but Arséne is probably thinking like that.

I think it is simply to keep the players' happy. Kolasinac is in his first year, so it is always easier to convince him that he will get more game time in the second year.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Coq appearing in line ups and it's only the third game, we really are desperate for a midfielder.

Toast

Established Member
Liverpool's defence is worse than ours and we've been looking pretty good going forward. I predict an entertaining / nerve-racking 2-1 win to us.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We used to be so good at anfield during the banter era, iirc? Had little fear going there tbh. Now we're serving up pure ****e.
I don't see a single way we can win, 4-2 Liverpool.
Hope Lexi is back because I can't take any more welbeck

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
They have CL qually mid-week so they'll be knackered physically and emotionally. Klopp will rotate and we'll have a rested squad with something to prove after the Stoke game.

3-1 Arsenal.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
We used to be so good at anfield during the banter era, iirc? Had little fear going there tbh. Now we're serving up pure ****e.
I don't see a single way we can win, 4-2 Liverpool.
Hope Lexi is back because I can't take any more welbeck
Pretty sure we got whacked 4-1 and I do remember Crouch scoring a hat trick against us around the same time, not sure if it was the same match though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom