• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Manchester City 0 - 0 Arsenal | Sunday 31st March | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Prediction
Man city 0-1 Arsenal

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Maybe they don’t wanna take risks with the cut getting reinfected?

Didn’t Cazorla get gangrene from a gash and almost end up needing to amputate his foot or sth?
I’m assuming from some type of staph infection. Staph infections, sepsis, this stuff scares me lol

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Martinelli is so important for a game like this, gives City a lot to think about particularly with Walker possibly not making it.

This is why I want another pacey forward in the summer. We need to be able to go long and wide in both directions, as we have that ball from deep for both directions.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Where has Jorginho been out run this season? Our system protects him.

Besides, Jorginho could easily push up allowing Rice to mark KDB if that's an issue. There's been plenty of times when out of possession Rice has ended up deeper than Jorginho. And as you said he's not really been exposed at all this season

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
All I remember is Jorginho not being that great at Stamford Bridge when we were shocking for 70 minutes of that game.

Other than that, he was good in our other away poor away games such as St James Park, he didn't play at Craven Cottage or Villa Park losses.

Jorginho must start even if there's a chance he'll get out run by Foden/De Buryne/Haaland. Partey is not match fit and I don't expect him until late April

Legend14

Established Member
We are at least as good as City if our outside backs have good matches.

This will come down to managerial strategy and tactical adjustments.

Tough to win at City, but if Arteta has a good game plan and we play hungry, we’ll come away with something.

Expect Saka to turn it up in this one. He needs to show he can win the big ones.

2-1 Arsenal

Thrice

Guardiola will probably have something up his sleeve. He usually has in games like this. It's on Arteta to prove that he can counter it. This could be the game for Arteta to show everyone that he belongs in the top tier of managers.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Last year at Etihad, City played Walker and Stones for the whole match. De Bruyne also played 80 minutes, I doubt he can play that much this time.

Arsenal had Holding instead of Saliba. Also now there is Havertz for those long balls unlike last season.

So we can see that the chances are much better on paper. But Arsenal also has better underlying numbers this season. So I expect a draw, but it's possible to get a win finally.

I'm not sure how sharp Martinelli can be with apparently not training much in recent times. There is Jesus & Trossard, so I would substitute Martinelli in against tired Akanji, after the other winger has run himself ragged.

As a dark arts suggestion: Akanji had some niggle too, so Jesus or Trossard should make him twist & turn a lot with dribbles so he hopefully gets injured. If that would happen, they would only have Lewis for RB, who has played 1300 minutes in total this season, and is not that good defensively.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Last year at Etihad, City played Walker and Stones for the whole match. De Bruyne also played 80 minutes, I doubt he can play that much this time.

Arsenal had Holding instead of Saliba. Also now there is Havertz for those long balls unlike last season.

So we can see that the chances are much better on paper. But Arsenal also has better underlying numbers this season. So I expect a draw, but it's possible to get a win finally.

I'm not sure how sharp Martinelli can be with apparently not training much in recent times. There is Jesus & Trossard, so I would substitute Martinelli in against tired Akanji, after the other winger has run himself ragged.

As a dark arts suggestion: Akanji had some niggle too, so Jesus or Trossard should make him twist & turn a lot with dribbles so he hopefully gets injured. If that would happen, they would only have Lewis for RB, who has played 1300 minutes in total this season, and is not that good defensively.
Man City hasn’t lost at home since 2022 Dec and the games they drawn they dominated every one of them. If we gonna get something we gonna need luck because most of the game we will be pushed back

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Man City hasn’t lost at home since 2022 Dec and the games they drawn they dominated every one of them. If we gonna get something we gonna need luck because most of the game we will be pushed back

I think we’ll set up in a compact mid block - city may well dominate possession but we will dictate territory. And I prefer the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom