• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: QPR v Arsenal, 4/3/15, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I very rarely post during a match. The main reason is that individuals are posting like it is the end of their lives, literally. We could go 1-0 down and it is the end of the world as we know it.

However, this match was even worse. The apocalypse began as soon as the line up was put out. It was astonishing. I understand that emotion can play a part during a match and emotions are riding high after a match. However, to actually slam the entire team selection and whine about players not playing before the whistle has been blown, leading to even more negative comments as soon as someone misplaces a pass, is on a whole other level.

Wenger has his reasons for the lineup he selected. He has his reasons for why Walcott, Welbeck and Ox didn't start. Players who have been favored over Rosicky for the entire ****ing season. So the one time we actually show some rotation and switch it up, it isn't good enough? Not even that, we actually won and it still isn't good enough?

Life isn't perfect, people aren't and football ****ing isn't either. No team wins every single game in the season. Perfection doesn't exist in football. The invincibles were not perfect. Every team that has won the league has gone behind, lost games, scored in the last minute of a match they should have been winning 3-0.

Just because we are playing QPR doesn't give us a divine right to turn up and easily win. Its that mentality that ****ed us over against Monaco. No wonder the players act the way they do when they have fans ****ing acting the same way.

We are going to face Monaco needing to score 3 goals to stand a chance of winning. Why not actually get behind the team and believe they can win and IF they don't, it isn't a WHEN because it hasn't ****ing happened yet, then rant. Too many 'fans' are waiting for us to fail, today it happened before the ****ing kick off.

infineon

Established Member
I think Wenger's comments about Coq somewhat explain the situation with Theo. If he sees Coq as essentially a ball winner then we really do not have the personnel to play the type of possession-orientated game that he has relied on for so many years (the attack minded ness of Özil/Alexis means they are more liable to turning the ball over). Without that control, you need all your outfield players to contribute defensively, something that clearly Walcott is not best suited towards. It also means that both Welbeck and Ox might find themselves regularly on the fringes of the starting 11 and used when their particular skill set suits the opposition.

This development is quite interesting because it has really come about indirectly because of Arteta's long term absence.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I missed the match yesterday but have just caught up on Arsenal.com

Thoughts:

Gibbs was better yesterday, needs to keep that up.

Özil muscled a QPR man off the ball. I had to replay to check it was definitely him. :lol:

Coquelin is putting in some impressive displays, really happy for him and us. Arteta can sit firmly on the bench when he returns.

Giroud scored again, but he just feels like a bit of a sore thumb in that attack. Feel like Sanchez/Özil/Cazorla etc. are carrying him a little bit. A physical striker with a more complete game would take this team up 5-10 points a season. A Cavani/Ibra in this attack makes us PL contenders.

Özil and Sanchez are starting to get each other's games. Özil is looking more and more to give Sanchez the ball early, where before he would carry the ball himself and look for a killer ball. When they fully click we're going to look amazing.

Gabriel looks a bit nervy but is clearly talented. Good purchase from Le Boss again.

That's it for me.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Was a good win for us on a ground we have not done well in historically .

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
celestis said:
Was a good win for us on a ground we have not done well in historically .

Absolutely. We have an awful record at Loftus Rd. and whatever people may say, QPR away (like Selhurst Pk.) is a tough game for us. London derby also. The pitch wasn't great either.

These games can be so physical as teams try to exploit our (supposed) weaknesses and hit long balls over our back 4 & swing in a gazillion crosses. Luckily QPR didn't really have pace up front to hurt us too badly.

Once again Oliver "1st Goal" Giroud gets us a priceless lead by which time we were all over them. We should & could have won by more but once again we switched off, cruising at 2-0.

Not to criticize too much after a strong away performance but I wish the team would learn to kill off these game more easily by either scoring the third or defending the **** out of a two goal lead. After being decisive and purposeful in our game in getting the two goal lead, our passes suddenly became non-purposeful and superfluous and it didn't surprise me when they scored.

infineon

Established Member
redanddread said:
Not to criticize too much after a strong away performance but I wish the team would learn to kill off these game more easily by either scoring the third or defending the **** out of a two goal lead. After being decisive and purposeful in our game in getting the two goal lead, our passes suddenly became non-purposeful and superfluous and it didn't surprise me when they scored.
You have to look to Wenger for that one ... we needed a couple of tactical subs after the second goal and clear instructions to slow the pace and kill off the game.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The_Playmaker said:
I very rarely post during a match. The main reason is that individuals are posting like it is the end of their lives, literally. We could go 1-0 down and it is the end of the world as we know it.

However, this match was even worse. The apocalypse began as soon as the line up was put out. It was astonishing. I understand that emotion can play a part during a match and emotions are riding high after a match. However, to actually slam the entire team selection and whine about players not playing before the whistle has been blown, leading to even more negative comments as soon as someone misplaces a pass, is on a whole other level.

Agreed, this place is too depressive sometimes. Missed the game yesterday, but pleased to see we won.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
@Playmaker, I agree with your initial point regarding match days on here.

I too have eased off posting during games, it makes for grim reading. There's always a depressive, why always me, doom and gloom tone around here till we score, and sometimes even afterwards. There are no bad posters in the main forum, but on match days some take on a dual-persona.

I agree emotion is high during games and I'm guilty of the odd silly comment, but it's becoming more and more consistent now. I recommend matchday sedatives :D.

Iceman10

Established Member
The_Playmaker said:
Players who have been favored over Rosicky for the entire ******* season. So the one time we actually show some rotation and switch it up, it isn't good enough? Not even that, we actually won and it still isn't good enough?

All respect to Rosicky but this is what I suspected when I saw the line up in that there were some gambles to rotate against QPR because in general nowadays every match seems like a must win, but a manager has to rise above that and see the bigger picture. Similar with resting Kos for Mertesacker. Rosicky can be more playmaker, he can also be more direct, it's upto him, we remember his goal from the right at WHL last season and the run he made at QPR's defence within the first few minutes of the second half whistle.

I'm not necessarily backing every decision that is made. Just to note it was a calculated risk by Wenger, if it didn't come off one could say he took the opposition lightly, but it did come off. Walcott: no idea what is going on, maybe there is something we don't know as the player has been pretty silent over the last few weeks.

I'll still say though that rotation is one thing. Rotation while maintaining balance of line ups is another. I'm with you though in that we can't know everything regarding individual players that the manager does, in terms of fitness and on the training pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom