• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Stoke City v Arsenal - 6/12/14, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
Stoke-City-vs-Arsenal.gif

Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Welbeck.

Song Billong

Big game... Stoke have been decent this season and have some players capable of a moment of magic now that could see us undone.

We obviously need to grind out a win to keep the momentum going. I'm hoping for an early goal (for a change) so we force them to try and take the initiative.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I f*****g hate this fixture, their fans are up there with Millwall for ****iest in England for me. Dump of a stadium as well, this is their annual derby.

In 2012/13 I was nearly cheering as hard for them to get relegated nearly as much as us to get top 4, everyone wanted them down.

If any of you don't really care, remember the amount of disgusting songs they sing about Wenger and Aaron. Take a read of this as well, I'm sure it will fire you up.

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/board/2/stoke-city-fc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/boa ... ke-city-fc</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sample quote:
I want us to destroy them. Arsenal players going off in stretchers left, right and centre so that they finish the game with 9 men and 9 goals conceded.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Hopefully the game that sees Ramsey get some grit back to his game. Because of the history he gets up for it and he performed well against them when out of form in the past.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i hope our players including Ramsey gives no f**ks about stoke and their fans just play your normal game and the result will come. Stoke lost their last 2 games away against Liverpool and Manure but they put very good fight, at their stadium stoke are so tough and we didn't win their for long time i really hope we win but i expect this game will end with a draw. i don't know if Wenger will rotate here cuz we need to rest Alexis.

Loken

Decided to pop onto their forum for a laugh or two, oh my days. This fixture must be the only reason they want to stay up!

Of course it's far too soon to be talking about 'must wins' but bloody hell this is a big one

1) it's Arsenal - our sworn arch rivals and Nemesis - they are everything we despise about modern football

Also, I ****ing hate Arsenal.

We need to make it into Hell for Arsenal. Boo and jeer every minute of possession. Bring out the most tasteless songs imaginable. Ridicule Wenger. Make at least three players cry off, while inspiring our players to kick the **** out of the remaining Arsenal sissies.

Calm down lads, might wanna take a look at Burnley and Leicester for your 'rivals'. 8))

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
i don't understand this rival thing. i think just cuz we are booing their lover boy Shawcross.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I dont' think they know what "rival" means. It does not mean a team that regularly finishes way above you but that one time you broke one of their guys' legs and still lost at home anyway.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

^It pretty much is because of that, Shawcross had a reputation before that game for foul play, he broke Francis Jeffer's ankle, he injured Adebayor when he was with us when both ball and player were off the pitch.

The Ramsey tackle took it nationwide, everyone knew what a thug he was after that and it pretty much ruined his career to an extent, he was being linked with a move to the big 4 and people were saying he was the next John Terry and was about to be the next England CB.

Some guy then leaked videos from reserve matches with loads and loads of two-footed tackles and elbows. Stoke went mental and got it taken down, couple that with Aaron (fairly enough) ignoring his text apology and their troglodyte fans have a huge chip on their shoulder over it.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Genuine question for any referees on here: would a player be allowed to wear a Rory Delap mask during the game, if he only wore it while he was off the pitch taking throw-ins, and took it off every time he entered the pitch?

If that's not allowed, presumably there's nothing in the rules preventing the ball boys and any other officials from wearing Delap masks, just to scare Arsenal a bit and get a reaction from Wenger?

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/237362/arsenal-game-massive#ixzz3L1Hh8Scy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... z3L1Hh8Scy</a>

Tragic

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Monreal out for this game Kosh will be tested and Scezcney is back to squad.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

**** is all this stuff real? That's actually depressing, kind of puts things in perspective when you see how awful their club is that they look at this game as some kind of derby. They've change my life, Wenger in. Everything's great. At least we are not Stoke etc.

But seriously that's proper grim reading the way they think... Scary the mental state of some fan bases.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Shawcrosss in the papers giving it bog licks. There is no denying they know how to get under our skin, we aren't a physical team and can be bullied if teams set out to do that and we know Stoke will do it.

It's one of the reasons I'm calling for a physical presence in the middle of the parkplayers who relish that battle and will stick up for the team.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It'll be a tough game decided by fine margins again. Best we can hope for in a gritty one goal victory but I can't say that I'm confident. If we keep missing big chances we'll get sucker-punched similarly to last season, against 10 man Soton at home you might be able to get away with it but I don't think it'll be the same away to Stoke.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We need to start with Giroud and Welbeck at this one playing with 2 strikers and Ox/Cazorla and Sanchez starting also will trouble them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Horrible game, so hear me out.

We rest our key players for this and Galatasaray. Give Danny and his legs a rest for two games, tell Sanchez to chill for two games etc.

Just play Poldi and Joel in wide spots.

I would go a step further and write off this game, rest all our precious players and just play the guys we don't care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom