• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Stoke City v Arsenal - 6/12/14, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mertesacker is done. So is Gibbs. I'd give them away for nothing.

Kieren Gibbs is a ****ing championship LB at best. I have no ****ing clue what he's doing as first choice for Arsenal, never mind getting games for England. He's good at NOTHING.

Toast

Established Member
Most of my thoughts on the game have been covered by others so I won't repeat them. The one thing I will say is that our players have no ****ing clue as to how we're defending as a team. At points during the game I saw the front 6 performing a half-arsed attempt at pressing while we were playing a deep defensive line. One pass then of course cuts through the entire midfield. It's madness. Huge gaps between attack and defense (and not for the first time this season either).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Like I said in the other thread, Gibbo would be playing for Aldershot if not for his pace. When he cuts inside I feel close to tears.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
no structure in attack, defence, midfield, nothing. Still the same. Still the same bullsh!t comments after the game by the same people too. It;s always the same. I hate this Arsenal. They make me ****ing sick.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What's more I tell you this. As I said ****ing ages ago, it wont get better, It'll just get worse and worse. There's plenty of scope for new ways to fail under Wenger. 3-0 up against Anderlecht to 3-3 in 15 minutes. Conceding after 17 seconds v Stoke and 3-0 down at HT. It will go on and on.

Toast

Established Member
This is my favourite excerpt from Wenger's post-match interview btw: "Defensively, we missed the start of the game." The start of the game being the first 65 ****ing minutes.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
That sounds as if we didn't miss the start of the game offensively, which we pretty much did the whole first 45 minutes, bar one occassion perhaps.

Toast

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:
If you've gone with Monreal CB and Chambers RB so far you've got to stick with it. Can't believe he threw Bellerin in there.

Media's telling me that Adam was a gigantic **** again today.

He had no other choice. I've said it before: Wenger only plays Bellerin when he has absolutely no other choice. Kos either failed the late fitness test or he was too far in the infamous 'red zone'. Monreal was out of course. That leaves only four defenders, all four of which started. The lack of defenders in itself is a problem of Wenger's own making, of course, and it's a problem that will keep ****ing us over.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We're so predictable and boring it's laughable for a top team. We know when we'll lose and we never, ever get surprised.

City, United, Chelsea and Stoke are guaranteed losses for us away from home.

The only good thing about this weekend in the PL is that Chelsea lost and Sp**s and Liverpool failed to take advantage of our loss.

Toast

Established Member
I took this screenshot from Adrian Clarke's 'The Breakdown'.

XdA5uQC.png

Stoke have a throw-in deep into there own half. The high-lighted player is good 'ol Per. At this point we have seven players ahead of the ball. Flamini, Bellerin and Chambers are our only players still behind the ball. Stoke of course easily make their way into the box and ultimately win a corner.

This corner.

Same ****, different day.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wenger left us so so short this summer, but never have I seen a manager get punished this badly for his mistakes. The football Gods must have gotten sick of Wenger's stupidity and we have literally been punished multiple times for Wenger's mistakes.

Pretty sure our lack of defensive depth and Flamini (and less so Arteta) have cost us 10+ points this season. I'm still not sure how Wenger was allowed to let us enter the season with 2 senior CB's, at any job you would be getting reviewed for gross incompetence.

P.S I don't think we'll win anything until we replace Gibbs, Welbeck/Giroud, Flamini/Arteta and Mertesacker. Gibbs probably gets into the best attacking areas of any fullback in the league due to our system but he does **** all. Any decent attacking left back would look a world beater with the space that our Lb gets.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Jury said:
@Anzac - Yep, Gibbs let crosses go by him BOTH times with little to zero effort to stop the cross. It's his ******* trademark. the bread and butter for a fullback and No.1 rule: Make sure you stop the crosses. He's ******* sh!te. I dont know how anyone can rate him.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324544&start=330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324544&start=330</a>

Read it yourself, apparently fullbacks aren't rated based on his defense abilities now...so Gibbs is not needed to stop crosses
I gave up debating after people say Sagna is replaced because he is an old type of defender and not needed in today's game...

Also do you remember when you posted "what's next? blame Sanchez for not covering Gibbs"? well, apparently somebody already did several days after you posted

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not so much Gibbs is **** , he's a damn ***** . Although the fact he can't cross after so many years it ridiculous .

law90026

Established Member
What a disaster. Watching the match was an exercise in disbelief.

Per is terrible. Balls were just bouncing off him and he looks completely lost. If he needs to play with Kos to look decent, that means he's not good enough anymore.

I think people are being harsh on Bellerin. He wasn't amazing but he wasn't so terrible either.

Gibbs on the other hand... such terrible lackadaisical defending and his "offence" was ludicrous. There was the one instance where he was put through and he had tons of space down the byline with literally no one around him .. and he contrived to dribble the ball out.

Flamini was much better as a RB as compared to a DM. Says a lot about his ability doesn't it?

Giroud showed why people don't rate him and, to me, he's an impact sub, definitely not a starter. For a big man, he's so damn soft.

Alexis tried and tried but I really don't know what more he can do. Ox as well.

Ramsey and Cazorla were average at best. The goals covered up the fact that they didn't control our midfield.

And what is up with the freaking substitution of Campbell on with a few minutes left? What's the point by that stage?

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
celestis said:
Not so much Gibbs is **** , he's a damn ***** . Although the fact he can't cross after so many years it ridiculous .

Just wait, when one of his random crosses suddenly arrived in Giroud/Wellbeck's head there will be posts about how Gibbs is young and improving offensively

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think what Gary Neville says here is quite pertinent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/748029513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/748029513</a>

VancouverCanuck

celestis said:
Think what Gary Neville says here is quite pertinent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/748029513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/748029513</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And surely, Wenger is also responsible for reminding the senior players to help the youngsters out.

VancouverCanuck

Dokaka said:
The defending is a disgrace. I didn't see defending that bad in our time in the Championship, what the **** is going on.

Mertesacker has been pathetic this season. Look at the two first goals; where the **** is he?!

<a class="postlink" href="http://fat.gfycat.com/CheapThunderousKatydid.webm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fat.gfycat.com/CheapThunderousKatydid.webm</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://fat.gfycat.com/InfamousOldDromaeosaur.webm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fat.gfycat.com/InfamousOldDromaeosaur.webm</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's jogging around in the middle of nowhere, not covering anything. He's ******* lost it, not good enough. Obvious now why he retired from the internationals.

He looks like Rio Ferdinand playing for QPR. He should be taking the responsibility playing alongside an inexperience Chambers, but he's just having a casual afternoon jog instead.

You can even see Flamini calling for Mertesacker to pick Bojan up on the 2nd goal.
Per needs to be dropped to the bench. And we should start our 3rd or 4th choice CB instead. Oh wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom