• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Stoke City v Arsenal - 6/12/14, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

VancouverCanuck said:
celestis said:
Think what Gary Neville says here is quite pertinent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/748029513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/748029513</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And surely, Wenger is also responsible for reminding the senior players to help the youngsters out.

Indeed he is .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rain Dance said:
celestis said:
Not so much Gibbs is **** , he's a damn ***** . Although the fact he can't cross after so many years it ridiculous .

Just wait, when one of his random crosses suddenly arrived in Giroud/Wellbeck's head there will be posts about how Gibbs is young and improving offensively

Think Gibbs is a fantastically talented full back . I do however question his commitment.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I agree with that, to me he's always looked like a good footballer but ultimately too fragile to really rely upon, both mentally and physically. Still think he's nowhere near the top on the list of things that need sorting out at the moment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

One thing I've noticed with Carragher and Neville though is that they pick who to criticise very carefully. Carragher often avoids criticising Skrtel (former teammate) instead going after Sakho and Lovren.

As for Neville he tries very hard to avoid criticising the England players he coaches, he doesn't even mention Gibbs and Chambers role in the first two goals, even though they were as much to blame.

Yes Per is absolute garbage and should be sold, but don't go solely off what those two guys say. They've got their own agendas.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
That was the biggest ****fest of the season so far. I couldn't believe my eyes when that 1st goal went in. Everything that's supposedly wrong with Arsène's Arsenal was highlighted in bright & brilliant fashion in that 1st half. Bunch of pussies and the manager's included in that comment.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What needs sorting is the thrust from midfield we have none . Flamini really missed his true calling as a full back . Could have a been a very good one .

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
A midfield enforcer won't help you dealing with Stoke's first goal, I'm afraid. That enforcer also won't improve our zonal marking for corners....

There are so many problems that it's impossible to solve them with one real "presence" on the pitch.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nah I wasn't talking about Stoke or defending . That was just stupidity .

We are just lacking extra bit of quality in midfield .

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
celestis said:
Nah I wasn't talking about Stoke or defending . That was just stupidity .

We are just lacking extra bit of quality in midfield .

We lack height, pace & power in midfield and have done for several years now. If we had better box to box options and DM options then our midfield would be way more balanced and competitive.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Rain Dance said:
The Jury said:
@Anzac - Yep, Gibbs let crosses go by him BOTH times with little to zero effort to stop the cross. It's his ******* trademark. the bread and butter for a fullback and No.1 rule: Make sure you stop the crosses. He's ******* sh!te. I dont know how anyone can rate him.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324544&start=330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324544&start=330</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read it yourself, apparently fullbacks aren't rated based on his defense abilities now...so Gibbs is not needed to stop crosses
I gave up debating after people say Sagna is replaced because he is an old type of defender and not needed in today's game...

Also do you remember when you posted "what's next? blame Sanchez for not covering Gibbs"? well, apparently somebody already did several days after you posted

The thing is, Gibbs doesn't even need to be a good defender to jockey a player and make it difficult for him to cross--particularly when the player in question is ****ing Walters!

On both of these occasions he gets to the player in good time, but simply doesn't put in sufficient effort to stop the cross's; they're barely even a half arsed attempts. It's like he truly believes stopping crosses is a bonus.

We really, seriously, may as well be playing an out and out winger in his place, because he does nothing well, and his successful raids forward are so few and far between, that you'd expect the same rate of success from a 9ft lumbering CB. He has no substance or strong point to his game, and its been far too long now.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We basically need a LB that wasn't trained at this club and isn't as limited as Monreal. There's a reason why we haven't produced a very good defender in **** knows how many years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not that it matters but I genuinely believe we'd have at least got another goal without the red card. The first half was a cluster-**** though, although you could argue Giroud puts his sitter in and it's a different ball game.

Or we choose not to fall asleep straight after the first whistle :lol:

Gibbs certainly isn't completely at fault, stopping the crosses is not the be all and end all, Mertesacker and Chambers were all over the place and didn't know who was where. Bellerin also wasn't the best defensively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the 1st half performance from our guys was horrible specially the defense was total s**t Mertesacker Chambers Gibbs had an horrible game we make Bojan looks world class ffs. i hope i don't see that again.

i'm not throwing a blame to the referee for losing this game we deserved to lose this game cuz we were not good enough but Anthony Taylor is the worst ref is England the guy has no f**king clue.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah the **** couldn't get the second yellow out quick enough for Chambers, also let the Stoke ****s like that inbred looking bastard Adam get away with murder as usual.

Also the away fans were superb (in the stadium not elsewhere) in the second half, probably the loudest Stoke has ever been...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

@Jury , he's completely half arsed about it . It was the same when Delofeu scored the equalizer for Everton last season too .

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Adam nearly killed Sanchez i still have no idea what Adam was trying to do. the guy is dirty last season he nearly broke Giroud ankle.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

yousif_arsenal said:
Adam nearly killed Sanchez i still have no idea what Adam was trying to do. the guy is dirty last season he nearly broke Giroud ankle.

Glad you brought it up Yousif , we nearly need to get even with that guy when he comes to the Emirates . Someone needs to do him .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
celestis said:
yousif_arsenal said:

Glad you brought it up Yousif , we nearly need to get even with that guy when he comes to the Emirates . Someone needs to do him .

I might brave another night out in Stoke on the off chance that I might bump into him.

I'd bottle the ****er, Shawcross too for that matter.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
celestis said:
Rain Dance said:
celestis said:
Not so much Gibbs is **** , he's a damn ***** . Although the fact he can't cross after so many years it ridiculous .

Just wait, when one of his random crosses suddenly arrived in Giroud/Wellbeck's head there will be posts about how Gibbs is young and improving offensively

Think Gibbs is a fantastically talented full back . I do however question his commitment.

I agree, Gibbs has the talent.
Like what my favourite poster Yuvken said (where is he anyway), if he can sort out his positioning and train his crosses he'll be one the top left back in the world and I agree with that.
Sadly that was a post from 2 years ago,

He is 25 years old but he still can't cross and still forgets his main duties as a defender is not attacking...
and people excusing him by blaming anyone (from Arshavin, Özil, Podolski, Rosicky to Sanchez) who play as Left Wing doesn't cover Gibbs enough is getting on my nerves.

Is he premiership quality wing back? yes
is he a top class wing back? NO

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I fail to see Gibbs' talent. 4-5 years ago then yeah, sure. Now? He's 25.

He's making all the same mistakes Jenkinson did at RB and somehow getting away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom