• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Sunderland vs Arsenal Saturday 25th 15.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ring in the changes for this one. Mertesacker benched Cazorla benched Flamini benched, Welbeck benched and one of Ramsey/Wilshere bring in Bellerin at RB Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski and Arteta. Time for a bit of ruthlessness.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Re: Premier League: Sunderland vs Arsenal Saturday 25th 15.0

Ruthlessness yes but am not convinced that making so many changes will be productive. Would like to see Bellarin, Rosicky and Campbell in with Monreal, Ramsey and Wilshere out.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

After seeing us play last night it's hard to see us being any less productive. Perhaps I was being over optimistic though but Podolski has to start saved Wenger's bacon last night.

Iceman10

Established Member

Bringing in Podolski based on one goal in the last minute due to being in the right place at the right time would be fickleness, not ruthlessness, particularly at the same time as benching Welbeck. Let Podolski prove himself via. more cameos off the bench first. Bench Mertesacker for what exactly? Allowing a CB combo of Monreal and Chambers?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Look forward to more of the same here. This Leopard can't change it's spots anytime soon.

Sunderland will be fired up to gain some measure of respect following last weeks humiliation at Southampton.

It'll be another tough game and if we continue to approach the game in the same soporific, one dimensional attacking style that we have seen so much this season already we'll struggle to get all 3 points.

Unlikely we'll keep a clean sheet so we'll have to score at least 2 to win.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member

I don't know how many changes we can plausibly make to the starting lineup without sacrificing quality (our defence is already threadbare), and as such, I think we'll mostly have to make do with the team we've been seeing - as much as I'd like us to shake things up, we simply don't have the numbers/personnel to take that liberty.

With that being said, I want to see Wenger make a concerted effort to give our fringe players more minutes; Rosicky, Podolski, Campbell, etc. need to be coming off the bench prior to the 75th minute, I'm sick of seeing us piss about doing nothing as the match dwindles to a close with Arsène letting the clock dictate when he makes changes. He needs to start being pro-active: if Cazorla is doing fu*k all, hook him at half time and throw Chamberlain on.

P.S.

Sunderland are coming off a 8-0 annihilation... anything less than 3 points and we might as well pack it in until next August.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Iceman10 said:
Bringing in Podolski based on one goal in the last minute due to being in the right place at the right time would be fickleness, not ruthlessness, particularly at the same time as benching Welbeck. Let Podolski prove himself via. more cameos off the bench first. Bench Mertesacker for what exactly? Allowing a CB combo of Monreal and Chambers?
Mertesacker has been off for a few weeks now. Personally I don't think he is fit and it's hindering us. Where was he for Chelseas second or the goal last night or the comical defending where they hit the bar, how about Hulls goal where we stood with his hand rather than going to the ball. Virtually anyone can be dropped after recent weeks, Welbeck could do with a rest played alot of football recently.

I said I was probably being optimistic with the number of changes but outside of Sanchez everyone's position should be up for grabs.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

Pity Debuchy is injured because I'd consider pairing Chambers and Kos to drop Per. I wouldn't do it with Bellerin RB, too little experience.

Back to 4-2-3-1 please for this, Santi in the hole with Sanchez and Campbell/Pod out wide.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

4-2-3-1 suits the players we have so much more. I just can't comprehend it. As Ant would say, maybe we are all just too stupid to see it.

BobP

Memri Fan

I see people have finally gotten around to my calls to dropping Mertesacker. Have long envisaged that his style of play and physical characteristics would limit us.

Toast

Established Member

I'd be open to dropping Per, but we can't. He simply has to play or we'll be condemned to a makeshift defense of two teenage RB's and two LB's. I agree that Per is probably still not fully fit. He was overplayeed despite having a minor injury before the international break and I'm not sure two weeks off was enough time for him to recover.

I think pretty much everyone here wants us to return to the 4-2-3-1, but we'll probable just stick with the 4-1-4-1 again.
The team pretty much picks itself. I don't think we'll be seeing much rotation for this. Maybe Ox and Arteta will come back into the team.

Preferred lineup for this game:

-------------Szczesny
Bellerin - Per - Chambers - Monreal
-------- Wilshere - Arteta
Ox/Campbell - Cazorla ---- Sanchez
------------ Welbeck

Predicted lineup:

----------- Szczesny
Chambers - Per - Monreal - Gibbs
-------------- Arteta
Sanchez - Ramsey - Wilshere - Cazorla
--------------Welbeck

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Suave Gooner89 said:
Sunderland are coming off a 8-0 annihilation... anything less than 3 points and we might as well pack it in until next August.

That, coupled with our poor form, is the main reason why I don't think we'll win this. Has a draw written all over it to be honest.

We had to put in a lot of energy and effort against Anderlecht, and Sunderland will want to win over their fans again, after their shambolic display at St. Mary's.

Apart from that, I can only see one change, in Arteta coming in for Flamini, if he's fit enough. The rest of the team will stay the same, even though I'd prefer Bellerin on the right and Chambers in the middle at the back.

Iceman10

Established Member

CurryFlavoured said:
Pity Debuchy is injured because I'd consider pairing Chambers and Kos to drop Per. I wouldn't do it with Bellerin RB, too little experience.

Back to 4-2-3-1 please for this, Santi in the hole with Sanchez and Campbell/Pod out wide.

Physioroom has an estimated return date for Kos of 25-Oct. Due to the nature of the injury he is returning from I would be surprised if he makes a return on that date as opposed to being given more time in training first to minimise risk of a recurrence, not least taking into account how important a player he is for us.

stiiphunn

Established Member

BobP said:
Rosicky has to play.
No thanks. As for Per being dropped, I agree it'd be great (mostly because I'm convinced he's not compatible with the game we're trying to play), but we don't have anyone to replace him with.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

I completely forgot Kos was injured, this is probably too soon for him. Need my morning coffee.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't bench players, our poor start is only down to one man and his arrogance.

Anyone else think Alexis should become prime free-kick taker over Cazorla? Alexis' always look dangerous where's Cazorla rarely threaten.

We'll start brightly but Sunderland will score from a cheap corner. It'll then be up to Alexis to rescue a point. Rinse and repeat.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

Looking forward to seeing Arteta back. We've missed his distribution and positioning at the base of our midfield even if he is slow.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

i would only bench Flamini Monreal at this one and play Bellerin and Arteta. we all know wenger gonna go with 4-1-4-1 again.

Scezcney

Bellerin Mertesacker Chambers Gibbs

Arteta

Cazorla Ramsey Wilshere Alexis

Welbeck

i'm 100% sure this will be our line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom