• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Sunderland vs Arsenal Saturday 25th 15.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anzac

Established Member
Re: Premier League: Sunderland vs Arsenal Saturday 25th 15.0

3 points as a result of Sunderland self destructing,
but an absolutely dire performance from us.
Based upon yesterday's performances WHam & Saints would both likely beat us on current form.

Vibra

Established Member

For someone who can strike the ball as cleanly as Santi, he absolutely cannot hit a rolling ball inside the box. He has had so many of those opportunities while he's been here and he almost always hits it into row z from really close, with either foot too. It's very strange

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Vibra said:
For someone who can strike the ball as cleanly as Santi, he absolutely cannot hit a rolling ball inside the box. He has had so many of those opportunities while he's been here and he almost always hits it into row z from really close, with either foot too. It's very strange

Yeah, he tends to sky balls rolled across to him, he's done it a few times since he's been here. One of the chances he had today was difficult as the ball took a bobble, the other chance was just unforgivable.

He probably had his worst ever Arsenal performance today, particularly in the second half, I was getting seriously annoyed with his under hit passes and poor control.

Le Professeur

Established Member

THunter said:
Gibbs is a liability, should be shipped out in the summmer, lad can't play a month of games without getting injured, he's lucky he's HG.

Sick of Cazorla, he's getting worse every season here.

Against Burnley I want a front four of Podolski, Alexis, Walcott and Welbeck.

Yeah let's throw Walcott in at the deep end after 10 months out, that'll work a charm. Also Podolski offers absolutely nothing besides the odd goal.

But yeah, Welbeck and Alexis should start :wink:

Iceman10

Established Member

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Vibra said:

Yeah, he tends to sky balls rolled across to him, he's done it a few times since he's been here. One of the chances he had today was difficult as the ball took a bobble, the other chance was just unforgivable.

He probably had his worst ever Arsenal performance today, particularly in the second half, I was getting seriously annoyed with his under hit passes and poor control.

No excuse now when he has players such as Sanchez and Welbeck alongside him who have good off the ball movement and pace, thereby enabling him perhaps more space than last season. Put a fit Theo in the line up as well, Aaron also, and there will be even less excuse.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not sure Welbeck has good off the ball movement at all ,it's practically non-existent at times . Difference will be pretty stark when Theo comes back .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

He can be a bit static at times. Stands in positions watching the ball. He does make some nice little bending runs, but they're usually too close to goal. He definitely has his faults.

Iceman10

Established Member

celestis said:
Not sure Welbeck has good off the ball movement at all ,it's practically non-existent at times . Difference will be pretty stark when Theo comes back .

True, blowing a bit hot and cold right now, still needs to settle in and make the CF position his own.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

also i hope Welbeck work in his ball control alot of times today he lost the ball cause the poor ball controlling from him.

i'm glad we have 1 week rest some of our players need a breather like Alexis Welbeck.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

One thing I thought was really nice was that after the final whistle poor Vito looked completely shell shocked, so Arteta goes over and comforts him. His own team-mates had disappeared so Arteta pretty much walked him to the tunnel trying to keep his head up. Arteta might be in decline as a player but he's always been a class touch.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

@Jury and @Iceman , agree with both of you . Henry actually inferred that he has to learn how to use his pace more and command the ball be released quickly through his runs . Theo and Santi seem to have a great understanding .

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This game was boring, we didn't play well, and we scored from two garbage goals, but I'm pleased because this is the most solid defensively we have looked all season.

Last season I would not have been pleased with today's performance because Arteta and Flamini do not offer enough going forward and that was evident today. However, today we had a shutout and we nearly started taking shutouts for granted last season.

I hope that we start seeing a bit more of the 4-2-3-1 going forward with Ramsey instead of Arteta or Flamini.

Today we got a shutout, and that is a big deal for this season.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

I couldn't believe what I was seeing today. The players were incapable of putting 3 passes together in the final 1/3rd. I've not seen such a dismal attacking performance from an Arsenal team in ages.

Sanchez is a one man wrecking crew though. His drive, determination and overall class is winning/saving us games at present.

I couldn't quite believe how awful Santi was today-hoping this is a one off, although I remember him throwing in a few stinkers last year.

I was worried from the off when I saw the midfield of Arteta/Flamini/Cazorla and thought we'd struggle to create much.

Hopefully Gibbs can bounce back for next weekend otherwise we're down to one 1st choice defender for the game against Burnley. Arsène should be hauled before the courts to explain this situation.

Sanchez is the type of player we've needed for a long time. Hopefully, the rest of the team will chip in and help him as he can't do it on his own for much longer. God help us if he gets injured.

Finally, regardless of how ****e the performance was, Sunderland were ****ier and 3pts is 3pts but the team continues to look disjointed and as dull as a 6 month old razor.

law90026

Established Member

Wrighty4eva said:
Wenger will persist with the likes of Gervinho for a season or two, even sticks the blunderer up front but refuses to give Campbell any game time, im completely baffled by this .....

My niggling suspicion is that it's because Campbell doesn't play the way wenger likes

Suave Gooner89

Established Member

Another dire performance consisting of incessant lateral passing and statical play.

Wenger has eviscerated the side of any kind of dynamism and spontaneity; we've now reached soporific levels...

We just about eked by a team coming off an 8-0 tonking courtesy of two defensive calamities and the brilliance/industry of Sanchez - outside of that we were as toothless as a geriatric home.

The way Cazorla's guaranteed to start and remain on the pitch regardless of his output is laughable; he's clearly a Wenger favourite which essentially renders him undroppable, but this practice needs to end - at least sub him off FFS.

Sanchez is the sole positive of the season thus far, he's carrying us by the pomade of his hair.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I think he may well know it too. I'm hoping he carries on scoring if only to keep him happy. Quite frankly, he's too good for this charade.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

DontPushMe said:
Sanchez won't be here long at this rate.

Quite the opposite , he'll be here for awhile .

Iceman10

Established Member

celestis said:
DontPushMe said:
Sanchez won't be here long at this rate.

Quite the opposite , he'll be here for awhile .

Sometimes it feels as if this place should be able to attract good ad banner revenues for anti-depressant pills :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol:True ,to be fair , used to be the same with Vieira , then Henry and then whoever .

Arsenal fans have always been worry worts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom