• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: WBA vs Arsenal-29/11/14, 12:45, BT Sports1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Re: Premier League: WBA vs Arsenal-29/11/14, 12:45, BT Sport

Yes, great win, great result.... onto Southampton. Need to build up some momentum.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Iceman10 said:
The Jury said:
Nah, that's some gymnastics you're performing there, Iceman. You basically think a percentage of the anti-Wenger brigade will be embarrassed into swinging the other way because their fellow ant-wengerites held up a banner at a game?

From you above:
The Jury said:
"Nobody holding up a banner thinks Wenger will be gone this season"

It's not me performing gymnastics here Jury :lol: , indeed trying to continue this track is basically a waste of time and distracts from the match and result itself today, and that indeed is the gymnastics going on focusing on a protest we all agree won't get anywhere.

I must be missing something here.

As I said, gymnastics. You've tried to create a reason why the banner might be a bad thing. You failed IMO.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Crooner said:
Criticising people for having a banner like that is childish, are arsenal fans really going to get stick for having a "wenger out" banner? I don't believe for a second that they will. Other fans laugh at Wenger as much as we do. It's part and parcel of the game to laugh at other teams fans, and they'd just find something else to make fun of. "Class" is a totally bollox cliche that gets thrown around footballing discussions these days too. I don't give a **** about class as long as people aren't violent or discriminatory, they can say or do whatever they please as long as they're not out to hurt others and as far as I can see a banner does not cause anyone any pain.

Really though, people should just stop attending the home games if they want real change. Organizing a mass protest outside the ground while the inside of the stadium is practically empty would generate far more worry on the board's part. Also such is the demand for football that some pleb will take your seat or season ticket anyways.

Didn't see the game though it seems it was a relatively comfortable win. Cazorla with two great performances on the bounce.

Problem is they're Arsenal fans, and they want to support the TEAM while getting a message across AFTER they've finished supporting the TEAM.

This is clearly something lost on some ****ing idiots. They do it in the 'classiest' (yes, I hate all that bollocks too) way possible--a way designed to have no impact on the teams performance at all--and still people have a problem with it

:lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I believe in freedom of speech, so they should be allowed to make whatever statements they want. It's very unhelpful though in my opinion. You could even see Danny glance at the banner and immediately turn away.

As for Wenger being asked on the banner, don't see what that has to do with the game other than journalists trying to get under his skin. He has a right not to comment on it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Welbeck'ss lucky the banner wasn't telling him to do one as well tbf.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The banner is a bit embarrassing though, don't remember seeing any of them at Wembley. Anyone that holds up that sort of thing is doing it for themselves to show what big of a 'fan' they are.
If you really want to make a difference then stop buying merchandise or boycott games.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

redanddread said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Rex Banner said:
Really tetchy post match presser, Wenger getting pretty angry with the journos after they ask him if he'll be out of a job soon.

Yep he was asked about the banner and he answer i don't want to comment about the Banner.

He was asked about a similar issue in the pre game presser yesterday and his approach was the same-"I don't want to talk about it". He refuses to acknowledge anything that is threatening to his tenure or that questions his methods or he responds with some condescending remark. He's making no friends with this approach and what's worse is the press cave into him and let him off the hook. When he gets beaten by a top team again this season he'll squirm out of the presser in some way or the other.
Your woman from bbc didn't back off she kept going and was accused in here of being bias and out to get Wenger or other such remarks. The fans are quick to want someone to put the boot in or at least ask tough questions but when people do it, ex players, departing players, the media, or fans in the ground, they are usually rounded on for lacking class. Has always baffled me people's reactions to RVP right through to everything else highlighted above.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Penn_ said:
The banner is a bit embarrassing though, don't remember seeing any of them at Wembley. Anyone that holds up that sort of thing is doing it for themselves to show what big of a 'fan' they are.
If you really want to make a difference then stop buying merchandise or boycott games.
Our away fans are a class above. They go home and away they are in the pubs before games discussing the club on the trains and buses from Newcastle to Swansea. They aren't on Arsenal mania typing from Austria or Ireland or the states they are there rain hail or sun. This isn't a patronising those fans are bigger than your fans comment simply those boys are there in the ground where things can be seen and heard why shouldn't they after spending that money to get there week in week out voice their opinion on something Arsenal fans across the globe are already discussing and voting on.

Question do you find the in Arsène we trust banners that embarrassing when we went 9 seasons without a trophy? I found that fairly embarrassing because it was rinse wash repeat and I couldn't see where any trust was justified

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Absolutely Bob. People need to have a word.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Penn_ said:

So holding a banner up is embarrassing, but having the rest of the country watch Arsenal perform to a half empty stadium every other week wouldn't be? Do explain.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That woman who interviewed Wenger was a c**t though, saw her chance to boost her twitter followers and "went for him".

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Exactly the type of disparaging comments I'd expect Rex. Sure Merson is just a drunken alcho and those fans lack class.

Season's dont happen in a bubble if they did it would be one game only; those questions were justified given our performances and results to that point.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I agreed with Merson and most of the other pundits like the Nevilles, Carragher, Lineker, Jenas and even Shearer, Souness, Redknapp and Garth f*****g Crooks when they've criticised Wenger.

That woman though is still a c**t.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Rex Banner said:
That woman who interviewed Wenger was a c**t though, saw her chance to boost her twitter followers and "went for him".

I didn't like her approach either. What's more she only chose to moan about it once that cringey **** Lineker piped up. She's a ****house. Im al for journos asking questions as long as they show respect. /if Wenger wants to treat them with disdain, it's up to him, but he'll be criticised for it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've been on Arsenal TV, walking past in the background. :wink:

Me > You.

Seriously though, that banner has been around for a while and it's not as if it's just brought out when we ****ing lose.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

THunter said:
I've been on Arsenal TV, walking past in the background. :wink:

Me > You.

You obviously know how to view it too. Come on, stick the link up son. It's saturday.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ZthKhvsQM&index=161&list=PLub7sJmces1SfS-2TkLMa64fV-s0q5Bhs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ZthKhv ... fV-s0q5Bhs</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Black hoody 13 sec. :lol:

Arteta was **** in that game despite scoring the pen, said his legs were going on here after that.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Job well done today. A clean sheet and all round good performances by most players. Those that say Santi's best in the hole will have nuff ammunition after these last two performances. The only downside is the injuries again. Chelsea play the same team 3 times in a week and everyone's still fit and raring to go. What are they feeding them over there at Stamford Bridge.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Just seeing the banner now! Wow. At least it was in Arsenal Red - getting the point across. A good looking banner regardless of the controversial nature of it's content.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Penn_ said:

What difference is that going to make? :lol: One fan replaced by another at games and a few quid on shirts. If you want to make a difference, then you have to voice your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom