• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: WBA vs Arsenal-29/11/14, 12:45, BT Sports1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Re: Premier League: WBA vs Arsenal-29/11/14, 12:45, BT Sport

rich 1990 said:
Penn_ said:
The banner is a bit embarrassing though, don't remember seeing any of them at Wembley. Anyone that holds up that sort of thing is doing it for themselves to show what big of a 'fan' they are.
If you really want to make a difference then stop buying merchandise or boycott games.

What difference is that going to make? :lol: One fan replaced by another at games and a few quid on shirts. If you want to make a difference, then you have to voice your opinions.

Well you'd hope the fan who replaces him won't be an utter **** :wink:

So that'd be something.

musicmonkey

Established Member

Personally there was something about the banner that made me cringe, can't put my finger on it. I don't like it because you just know it's going to be this talking point on match of the day and an opportunity for pundits and the media to get their teeth stuck into Wenger. Never mind that opposition fans would love to see Wenger's time at the club end in flames.

If this is the way some fans want to go about it then that's up to them but i think it's not going to do anything as the board really don't give a **** about banners and protest unless their margins get hit.

I think all this does is open up more pressure on Wenger when we the team need support to get through a rough patch. Save it for nearer the end of the season when we can actually change managers and we're not struggling so much.

Tir Na Nog

To play devils advocate how do you know the board won't notice it or at least give them something to think about. As far as they've been concerned the fans at the Emirates or our away support have not really shown much discontent towards Wenger for the large part. A massive banner revealed at the end of a game live on TV might actually make one or two of the board members think "wow, there's a really a section that's not happy here". Even if they know it won't exactly do anything for the moment one or two might think "what if one banner turns into many, or maybe even some just refusing to go"....

Although I doubt it, I think it's more the players turning that the board need to worry about. Because a small section of fans showing displeasure is nothing new in football. Plus I agree it doesnothing but provoke things, it encourages more of a division between fans and it has the potential to negatively affect the players too.

Iceman10

Established Member

Tir Na Nog said:
To play devils advocate how do you know the board won't notice it or at least give them something to think about. As far as they've been concerned the fans at the Emirates or our away support have not really shown much discontent towards Wenger for the large part. A massive banner revealed at the end of a game live on TV might actually make one or two of the board members think "wow, there's a really a section that's not happy here". Even if they know it won't exactly do anything for the moment one or two might think "what if one banner turns into many, or maybe even some just refusing to go"....

Although I doubt it, I think it's more the players turning that the board need to worry about. Because a small section of fans showing displeasure is nothing new in football. Plus I agree it doesnothing but provoke things, it encourages more of a division between fans and it has the potential to negatively affect the players too.

For the board they've seen it before, including the FA Cup semi final. There isn't critical mass, it will only reduce on the back of the result today and against Dortmund, at least for now. As many have said if people really want to enact change it has to be on the level of mass boycotts in buying merchandise and attending games to make the board really to sit up and notice in terms of finances. There is a problem many have brought up already in that giving up season tickets means going back into the waiting list if things change and they end up wanting to get back to being season ticket holders if/when glory days return. The club has fans over a barrel on that one.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

THunter said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ZthKhvsQM&index=161&list=PLub7sJmces1SfS-2TkLMa64fV-s0q5Bhs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Black hoody 13 sec. :lol:

Arteta was **** in that game despite scoring the pen, said his legs were going on here after that.

:lol: You look like you're going equipped. Or it just might have been a bit cold and you wanted the **** out of there and home!

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

The Jury said:
Welbeck'ss lucky the banner wasn't telling him to do one as well tbf.

Where's this angry and aggressive Jury come from? :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

SomGooner said:
The Jury said:
Welbeck'ss lucky the banner wasn't telling him to do one as well tbf.

Where's this angry and aggressive Jury come from? :lol:

I didn't mean it literally :lol: Just a way of saying he was very frustrating, going along with the banner theme!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
:lol: You look like you're going equipped. Or it just might have been a bit cold and you wanted the **** out of there and home!
:lol: It was fecking freezing, sat behind Pers brother as well which didn't help!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Oh yeah, I remember you saying that at the time.

dyeruz

Established Member

Tir Na Nog said:

errm no. For a little while we were back in the top 4, this week just qualified for the knock out stages again, as long as that money is rolling in, and the outlay on players remains relatively small, Kronke and the board members won't give a flying fig about a banner

Tir Na Nog

Yeah you're probably right.

BobP

Memri Fan

What is it with Welbeck refusing to shoot when he has a clear path to goal? I've lost count of the amount of times he's done it this season. He always makes an unnecessary pass when in such positions when shooting would be more profitable. Those years at United have damaged him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought it was funny when Chamberlain come on and just knocked one of their players over who tried to tackle him, lad is on fire at the minute. After Jack and Aaron it seems like he's the next one ready to explode for us.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

dyeruz said:
errm no. For a little while we were back in the top 4, this week just qualified for the knock out stages again, as long as that money is rolling in, and the outlay on players remains relatively small, Kronke and the board members won't give a flying fig about a banner

Maybe the banner should have read Kroenke Out

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

THunter said:
Thought it was funny when Chamberlain come on and just knocked one of their players over who tried to tackle him, lad is on fire at the minute. After Jack and Aaron it seems like he's the next one ready to explode for us.

Were you at the game?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nah, watched it on BT.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

BobP said:
What is it with Welbeck refusing to shoot when he has a clear path to goal? I've lost count of the amount of times he's done it this season. He always makes an unnecessary pass when in such positions when shooting would be more profitable. Those years at United have damaged him.

He'd rather save the shooting opportunities for when he's 25 yards out with two easy passes on, and then scuff one :lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

I had a feeling that Welbeck would be the match winner today, after all the stick he was receiving from The Jury.....;)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The Jury said:
BobP said:

He'd rather save the shooting opportunities for when he's 25 yards out with two easy passes on, and then scuff one :lol:

Yeah , Henry who has watched him a couple of times , actually said he keep hearing he has electric pace , why doesn' the use it . I'd be gone if it was him in the same positions he'd be gone ,something to do that effect .

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

the Wenger out fans and Wenger in its getting really annoying on twitter and make me hate football they are talking about the banner more then the yesterday game or how the team perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom