• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday, April 20 | KO: 19:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This game won't even be about tactics or anything like that, it'll be purely mental, after two successive seasons of crashing at the exact same stage and we're on the brink again which will result in a trophyless season the pressure if mounting all of a sudden this fixture is looking pretty daunting. Tho Wolves have little to play for they'll definitely be up for it and it won't be easy by any means. That and the fact that the players will be having to try and pick themselves up, find energy when it seems to be depleting.

The last two 2nd halves vs Villa and Bayern have been nothing short of horrendous. Wenger talked about going out there and grasping the opportunity what we saw in both those games was the complete opposite as we struggling to create any really chances or sustain any pressure when we needed goals. It'll not be a case of just flicking a switch and going back to playing attacking football, it's not a tap you can turn on or off, we'll really have to grind this one out. It genuinely might be one of the toughest matches physically and mentally all things into consideration.

I'm of the belief we need a bit of freshness in the side but I doubt it'll happen, Mik is pretty much set on his group of about 15 who are ever in contention to start.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Our season started the 6th August against City and nearly 4,5 months later our worst stage of the season started with 4 games not won (3 defeats, one draw).

Now with the start of January, we have around 4,5 months later again and we haven't won our last three games (1 draw, 2 losses).

At the end of last season we had another phase with 4 games not won (Liverpool, Westham, Southampton, City).

So feels like a draw or a loss is coming.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That's a bizarre response, only justifiable if they question was asked in a condescending way. But it seems like he got annoyed at someone suggesting that maybe he could've been using the likes of Vieira and ESR especially when Rice and Ødegaard have been run into the ground this season. It's like he's taken it as a personal attack,

The answer is pretty telling, because it's basically "no unless forced" or maybe if we're winning comfortably.
Still highly unlikely even then 😆

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
That's a bizarre response, only justifiable if they question was asked in a condescending way. But it seems like he got annoyed at someone suggesting that maybe he could've been using the likes of Vieira and ESR especially when Rice and Ødegaard have been run into the ground this season. It's like he's taken it as a personal attack,

The answer is pretty telling, because it's basically "no unless forced" or maybe if we're winning comfortably.
exactly the same feeling when he was first asked about dropping Ramsdale for Raya.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Haven't Wolves been the most screwed over team by VAR this season?

Have a feeling something might go their way tomorrow 😅

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we can’t beat a bunch of unintelligible Black Country peaky blinder yokels, we don’t deserve to win the league.

View attachment 23648

3-1 arsenal.
RP English is the worst form of English that were foisted upon us non-native speakers. I'd take any regional English accent over RP. It is boring, and in its ultra-RP version, it is reminiscent of Edward VIII's abdication speech on the BBC in 1936.

In fact, it got me into a bit of bother in Newcastle on a school trip in the late 80s. I wanted to ask for more water at a restaurant, and in my best English ( and probably like the scene from Oliver Twist) I asked for some more water. The waitress shot back: Yes, but there is no need to be so snotty about it! I was absolutely mortified at the time. In hindsight, I probably sounded like said Edward VIII above, and no wonder she took offense.

I've always wondered why RP has this shimmering light of social advancement in England. Why would you give up the accent where you come from? There is more character in one sentence by Jamie Carragher, Ray Parlour or Ian Holloway that in hours of RP.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Last time we got to see him at his best before the knee injury, won us the game with that wonderful pre-assist...

...what could've been 😥

NZgunner

can't see this being a free-flowing, up by 4 before halftime sort of game - but it also doesn't have to be

3 points is an absolute must, but the win can be as ugly as Phil Neville after a night out on the piss, because a win is all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom