• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premiership 09/10- Our race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthwenger

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
Since we conceived this thread to be about the title race, finishing third will mean in a way we get a bronze medal... it's like 100m or so races, the gold medallist will get all the praise, etc. and the runner-ups get some form of attention.. but that's about it.

I've got a feeling as though we have limped over the line again. :(

Arsenal_FAN1983

With the emergence of Sp**s reaching the CL spot and now inevitably being able to attract some top players as a result, a mighty force has now awoken from its sleep.

I believe Wenger will make the necessary purchases to make sure we will take 6 points off them next season and finish above them.

If you think about it, whenever we had a scare of Tottenham finishing ahead of us we always came out on top, and I see nothing different this season.

Well hopefully anyway.

Zico

Established Member
Good thing the season ends this week. Otherwise, we'd be racing for 5th, 6th and everything after that. Liverpool would sure welcome the company on their grotesque quest

Gonner_88

Established Member
This season for me is a mixture of disappointed and excitement. Excited that when we have a full squad we can destroy any team in the league but the disappointment is that we lack defensive discipline and our squad players aren't good enough to hold it when we've lost key players at the business end.

I am optimistic about next season and you can call me deluded, *****, crazy, *****, fool, idiot, WUM. I don't care.

I see great potential in this squad and a few signings in key positions (GK, CB) and good defensive coaching will set this squad on their way to world domination.

Peace, I'm outie!!!

flobaba

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
With the emergence of Sp**s reaching the CL spot and now inevitably being able to attract some top players as a result, a mighty force has now awoken from its sleep...
Sounds like an intro to a bad voltron episode.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Because I didn’t qualify for AT at the beginning of this season I didn’t know how AT people felt about our prospects way back in August so I decided to peruse the first few pages of this thread…..

The consensus seemed to be that we would be fighting for fourth.
Nobody mentioned Sp**s and a final day spat for 3rd :)

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Get a point against Fulham and that's done it, we've finished 3rd. However if they win their last game and we finish on equal points I'll be equally as sick. They better know their place - and that's behind us, but this team needs to man up now they've been given a wake-up call.

AshburtonGhost

I’d love to know what sort of team talks Wenger has given this circus over the past few weeks given their subsequent performances. Has he given up and checked out for the season along with the players? He’s never been good at putting disappointment behind him and getting on with the job and I think this has come across in our game day approach.

It’ll be interesting to see whether he can get them up for the Fulham game.

law90026

Established Member
I wish people would stop using injuries as the excuse.

Nasri was out in pre-season. No replacement.

RvP was out early in the season. No replacement in January.

We were constantly riding the line of disaster by not strengthening the team when we had serious existing injury problems. That isn't an injury issue, that's a decision NOT to deal with the issue.

Gurgen

Established Member
So when a player gets injured you buy a replacement? Just like that? You also fail to realize that RvP did in fact have a replacement. But he suffered a long term injury as well. Our results immediately improved when he was back.

law90026

Established Member
Gurgen said:
So when a player gets injured you buy a replacement? Just like that? You also fail to realize that RvP did in fact have a replacement. But he suffered a long term injury as well. Our results immediately improved when he was back.

Not for every player. But when the injuries start to pile up? Yes.

We knew Nasri was going to be out for the start of the year and would take time to get back to form.

van Persie's injury was pretty much season-ending and, let's be frank, his replacement(s) were not really up to it. Arshavin tried (for a bit), Eduardo is a shell of his former self and Bendtner .. well you take the good with the bad when it comes to Bendtner I guess.

But we had a real opportunity in January to pick up someone who could come in and give the team a push. Could it have made the difference? We'll never know. But it might have.

The other thing to think about is whether our injuries started to continue to pile up because our "best" players then had to keep playing without a real break. Sometimes, these things snowball.

Am I saying we should buy everytime a player goes down with a broken toenail? No. But in this context? Yes, we should have bought.

Anzac

Established Member
The decisions to NOT cover long term injuries to 1st team players, other than with internal developing players, is a clear indication that winning titles is still not THE priority. Likewise with the square pegs approach to player roles in this formation so as to cover positions, rather than change the formation to better utilise available resources, along with the lack of use of players & Vela in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom