• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premiership 09/10- Our race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasCR

Established Member
Gurgen said:
So when a player gets injured you buy a replacement? Just like that? You also fail to realize that RvP did in fact have a replacement. But he suffered a long term injury as well. Our results immediately improved when he was back.
Think that's why we're signing Chamakh. RvP will be, without a doubt, a starter but if he gets injured at some point of the season (and he'll), we'll have both Bendtner and Chamakh who can fill in. Having both RvP and Bendtner out really cost us big time this season so it's perhaps better to have three tall strikers for the main position up front. Hopefully we will never have all three out next season, nobody of the other players can lead the attack.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don't want Bendtner even considered as our centre forward next season, even as 2nd choice. Touch isn't good enough to play back-to-goal and he doesn't press enough. I would, however, make him first-choice right wing forward - if we don't sign one in the summer.

MAK 14

Established Member
I'd much rather have Chamakh as the RWF next season. His touch is better than Bendtner's, he's better technically and he's a better dribbler. Bendtner's possibly the better crosser.

Ideally, I wouldn't want either on the wing though.

Muharraqawi

I really don't get all the stick Bendtner is getting, yes he's far from perfect for the striker position but he did carry us for a really long time this season so he really deserves some credit instead of ignoring the goods and focusing on the bads.

Gonner_88

Established Member
Exactly Muharraqawi. Bendtner gets uncalled for criticism all the time. The guy led the line pretty well in RVP's absence. Good first touch or poor first touch, he still kept us in the title race. Some are just obsessed with technicality. Who gives a **** about first touch if he's scoring? I certainly don't!!!!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
The central striker in this formation is the most important. He is responsible for controlling the ball and playing supporting players through on goal. RvP has it down to a T.

I would have a forward line of Chamakh-RvP-Bendtner. Arshavin can either lose weight, start caring or **** off.

MAK 14

Established Member
Muharraqawi said:
I really don't get all the stick Bendtner is getting, yes he's far from perfect for the striker position but he did carry us for a really long time this season so he really deserves some credit instead of ignoring the goods and focusing on the bads.
Who's giving Bendtner stick? All I'm saying is that I would prefer Chamakh out wide to him.

Gonner_88

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
True, goals pay the rent but form is temporary and all that.

The same can be said for every player in the world. If you're in a poor form, your technical ability is not what will help you it's your mind set.

If you're intent on beating it then you'll do it and if not, then you won't. This has nothing to do with technical abilities.

It's motivation, and confidence to beat it!!!!

Gonner_88

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
I don't want Bendtner even considered as our centre forward next season, even as 2nd choice. Touch isn't good enough to play back-to-goal and he doesn't press enough. I would, however, make him first-choice right wing forward - if we don't sign one in the summer.

:roll:

But he's just shown us ALL that he can lead the line well. Who cares about first touch when he's scoring goals?

Bendtner has other qualities that help us during games. He can win balls in the air, can cross the ball well, can support players too, and is BIG physical presence for us up front.

MAK 14

Established Member
Gonner_88 said:
But he's just shown us ALL that he can lead the line well. Who cares about first touch when he's scoring goals?
The striker's job isn't just to score goals - you need to know how to lead the line well, how to hold the ball up with your back to goal etc. It's all very well if you're scoring goals, but we can't guarantee that Bendtner will be scoring goals all the time.

Don't get me wrong; I like Bendtner and I'm a fan of his. But I only really want him leading the line when both van Persie and Chamakh are out injured.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Gonner_88 said:
patrick42uk said:

The same can be said for every player in the world. If you're in a poor form, your technical ability is not what will help you it's your mind set.

If you're intent on beating it then you'll do it and if not, then you won't. This has nothing to do with technical abilities.

Oh really. What if the poor "form" is due to lack of technical ability, you know like struggling to control balls played at you at speed a failing to deal with marking and the confined spaces you'll invariably find yourself in playing at CF. I suppose you could block all that out and convince yourself you will be the best in the world because you score a few tap-ins.

otfgoon

Established Member
Nic has scored 14 goals this season and 18 last season for club and country. This is dispite a long lay off, being a squad player for a large portion of that time and being put into a position that demands a lot from him. Whatever you think about him you cannot put his goalscoring down to form, it's clearly something he has in his locker even if you look further back in his career.

I do agree with MAK though that he's not suited to playing the lone striker role even though I think he's done an admirable job for us after coming back from injury.

He's at his best when he's facing goal so he either needs to play out wide or in a 4-4-2 as the deep striker imo.

Zico

Established Member
Forget Eboue's response... the highlight of my season was Bendntner saying he's a good striker and then proving it over several games. This kid is going places.

Gonner_88

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Gonner_88 said:
patrick42uk said:

Oh really. What if the poor "form" is due to lack of technical ability, you know like struggling to control balls played at you at speed a failing to deal with marking and the confined spaces you'll invariably find yourself in playing at CF. I suppose you could block all that out and convince yourself you will be the best in the world because you score a few tap-ins.

99% of the time it isn't!!! Ask Arshavin, Gerrard etc. It's mostly a combination of mental strength, confidence, and fitness. Technical ability is way down the list mate.

Like I said Bendtner has many other qualities that make him a good CF such as Heading, Good Passing, Good Crossing, Confidence, Positioning etc. His touch lets him down at times but doesn't hamper his game style a lot.

He scored 14 goals 4 less than last season but was out for a long time this season. If he wasn't, he might have scored 20 goals, who knows? Are you telling me you'd be pissed off because he has a poor touch?? :lol:

A strikers main job is to score goals and anything else is a bonus really. What's wrong with scoring tap-ins? I don't care how they go in as long as they go in. People should not getting worked up about this tapping and touch issue seriously :roll:

Gonner_88

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
Gonner_88 said:
The striker's job isn't just to score goals - you need to know how to lead the line well, how to hold the ball up with your back to goal etc. It's all very well if you're scoring goals, but we can't guarantee that Bendtner will be scoring goals all the time.

Don't get me wrong; I like Bendtner and I'm a fan of his. But I only really want him leading the line when both van Persie and Chamakh are out injured.

He holds the ball up well IMO. The only thing that lets him down is him coming deep too often and first touch but they don't hamper his game a lot.

No striker is guaranteed to continue scoring whether they be Torres, Rooney, Villa, Drogba etc. Of course I want RVP and Chamakh ahead of him because they are more experienced and a bigger threat to oppositions.

I don't want him to lead the line when everyones available, I am just saying he's played well there and should be considered when no one else is available or strikers playing poorly.

Some people (not you MAK 14) are more focused on his negatives than his positives.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Gonner_88 said:
99% of the time it isn't!!! Ask Arshavin, Gerrard etc. It's mostly a combination of mental strength, confidence, and fitness. Technical ability is way down the list mate.

Like I said Bendtner has many other qualities that make him a good CF such as Heading, Good Passing, Good Crossing, Confidence, Positioning etc. His touch lets him down at times but doesn't hamper his game style a lot.

He scored 14 goals 4 less than last season but was out for a long time this season. If he wasn't, he might have scored 20 goals, who knows? Are you telling me you'd be pissed off because he has a poor touch?? :lol:

A strikers main job is to score goals and anything else is a bonus really. What's wrong with scoring tap-ins? I don't care how they go in as long as they go in. People should not getting worked up about this tapping and touch issue seriously :roll:
I can't stand this argument. It's not 2003 anymore. The modern day striker is about so much more than scoring goals. He has to make the attack function, especially in a team like ours that does not have any 'individuals' capable of beating 4 players and scoring a screamer.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Not really Walcott... it's a bit confusing but I get you point.

It's not 2003. Strikers must do more than just score goals :)

No arguing the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom