• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasseD

No no no. He is NOT good enough. I remember him from the Danish Superleague, where he was nothing special.
The difference in quality compared to Martinez is massive. I would consider this move as a very risky piece of business.

I'll echo this - he didn't impress me at all while playing in the Danish Superliga. Haven't watched him since then, I'll admit to that.

KingVerse

He´s all right. Thought he would become better a few years back but his time at Dijon has set him back. He´s good on the ball and started out as a midfield player, his father is the most capped player for the Icelandic NT. The legendary Rúnar Kristinsson. He started out playing for my team KR (Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur, or Kings of Reykjavík) and had a pretty good season before being sold overseas. According to all interviews he seems really ambitious and he´s still young so he can only improve. For 1.5 millz this could be a decent bet for a backup. But then again, we never know if there is another maupay lurking out there, I just don't understand us getting rid of Martinez in the first place but that's another story...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Told you guys we weren’t spending crazy amounts on a back up goal keeper.
We’re just gonna see tears and complaints regardless of what we do anyways :lol:

I didn’t expect the fanbase to take Emi leaving so hard, I personally don’t get it - but happy with how things have panned so, yeah could care less.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He´s all right. Thought he would become better a few years back but his time at Dijon has set him back. He´s good on the ball and started out as a midfield player, his father is the most capped player for the Icelandic NT. The legendary Rúnar Kristinsson. He started out playing for my team KR (Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur, or Kings of Reykjavík) and had a pretty good season before being sold overseas. According to all interviews he seems really ambitious and he´s still young so he can only improve. For 1.5 millz this could be a decent bet for a backup. But then again, we never know if there is another maupay lurking out there, I just don't understand us getting rid of Martinez in the first place but that's another story...

Very interesting, should know how to play with feet then and have good genes if nothing else.

That team name is some Finnish language level word salad. :lol:

Englishman asks: "What word do you use for "king" in your language?"

Icelandic answers: "Knattspyrnufélag."

Englishman: "Ah, of course, that's easy.. I'll write it down."

KingVerse

Very interesting, should know how to play with feet then and have good genes if nothing else.

Oh lol, Knattspyrnufélag actually means football club. But, "Kings of Reykjavík" just sounds better since we're the best at football in Icelandic history. Fun fact, Rúnar's father is also the manager of KR today.

TheIceman85

Maybe they have some short words for our long words too...?

Englishman: What’s your words for antidisestablishmentarianism?

Icelander: Korf

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm in the minority that would have liked to spend a bit more, maybe around 5M for someone who is HG and/or slightly better.

Just feel like we're going to get Murphy's Law'd and we'll have a crap keeper playing substantial minutes. :lol:

In our position I guess we have to take that risk.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Maybe I've been a bit harsh on this lad, I've nothing against him personally. It may sound silly but I don't like cutting corners signings and this feels like one.

Fine he's only a back up, but he's still going to play cup games and there's no reason to think he'll be able to slot into the first team if Leno gets injured. We're banking on Leno being fit for every game and I don't like taking that risk. We're essentially playing with only one first team keeper this season and that could come back to haunt us.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Seriously when did people start giving so much of a sh*t about back-up goalies? My only criticism of this deal is that his name isn't Gunnar Gunnarsson.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
once again, no one watched him yet his price or height is enough for people to call him bad business

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I'm in the minority that would have liked to spend a bit more, maybe around 5M for someone who is HG and/or slightly better.

Just feel like we're going to get Murphy's Law'd and we'll have a crap keeper playing substantial minutes. :lol:

In our position I guess we have to take that risk.

I have similiar concerns, but at the same time I'm going to trust our GK coach on that one for now. Maybe he turns into Martinez 2.0.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Saw this on Twitter, don’t know how reliable it is. It says there’s an agreement between us and Dijon and he’ll be an Arsenal player barring any problems with the medical.

Dr Football is the source and he’s an Icelandic football podcaster. He has 20,000 followers on Twitter.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Saw this on Twitter, don’t know how reliable it is. It says there’s an agreement between us and Dijon and he’ll be an Arsenal player barring any problems with the medical.

Dr Football is the source and he’s an Icelandic football podcaster. He has 20,000 followers on Twitter.

This is not getting broken by an ITK that calls himself Dr. Football.

I refuse to accept this reality.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The Dr. Dolittle of Arsenal transfer business. He can speak to the mole, gerbil, and horse to come up with credible links. Masterclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom