• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
People in red cafe saying there is a chance we will get relegated in 4-5 years. I know we bad but definitely not that bad

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So they're going to extend the 5 sub rule into the 20/21 season. I'm not sure about that at all. Maybe if the 4th and 5th subs had to be academy players, that'd be ok, otherwise i'm not a fan.

There are changes football does need to make. There should be a concussion sub for example, if the medic suspects concussion then a player should be able to get checked and then come back on in place of the sub.

But 5 subs, VAR, are they gonna make drinks breaks a thing too? Nah, I don't like any of that.

3 subs, a game of two halves and goal line technology, that should be it. I do not want to watch games of four quarters with VAR and 5 subs.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So they're going to extend the 5 sub rule into the 20/21 season. I'm not sure about that at all. Maybe if the 4th and 5th subs had to be academy players, that'd be ok, otherwise i'm not a fan.

There are changes football does need to make. There should be a concussion sub for example, if the medic suspects concussion then a player should be able to get checked and then come back on in place of the sub.

But 5 subs, VAR, are they gonna make drinks breaks a thing too? Nah, I don't like any of that.

3 subs, a game of two halves and goal line technology, that should be it. I do not want to watch games of four quarters with VAR and 5 subs.

5 subs now makes sense due to no of games played in a month but to have 5 next season would just benefit the likes of City who have strong squads. When to use your subs is all part of the managers game, 5 would take away that skill.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Couldn't find a thread for Swiss football specifically, so will put it in here.
One player from FC Zürich and one player from Grasshopper Club Zurich have tested positive for Corona.
FC Zürich play in the 1st division, Grasshoppers in the 2nd division.
Both teams played on Tuesday evening, FC Zürich played away, in Neuchatel, and the player played in the game ( only as a sub for 3 mins., but still ) and was with the team while travelling in the team bus, so the whole team and staff have to have a 10 day quarantine now.
The Grasshoppers player played the first 45 minutes at home.
The Grasshoppers game tonight has been cancelled, and the next 2 FCZ games, on Saturday and Tuesday also.

Worst-case scenario has arrived. No news as yet about what Grasshoppers and Neuchatel have to do, or if the League can carry on.

There are still 7 rounds of games to play in both leagues, and the season has to be 'finished' by the 3rd August, the date that UEFA needs to know who is participating in their competitions.

Possible outcomes are to stop the League now, have FCZ and GC lose by forfait 3-0 in the games they can't play in, have the U21s play as the first team ( unlikely ) , or try and fit in the games that have to be cancelled, but that would mean playing a game every 2 days in a few weeks.

Interesting times, and something to ponder if it happened in the PL.

EinmalImmerEwig

FC Zürich have just released a statement saying that 8 other people have tested positive, bringing the total number of cases up to 9.
6 players, and 3 staff.
I can't believe it.
They were playing tonight, kick-off was now, and me and the wife had tickets.
Surreal

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anybody watched Yakubu play ? How good was he ?

Pretty good...him and Lua Lua were a very dangerous partnership back in the day, was apart of a very good Everton team too.

Will always have a soft spot for the Yak, due to his miss against us in the last minute in 2004.

Last edited:

EinmalImmerEwig

Swiss Football Mafia, aka Swiss Football Association, have decided that the game tomorrow between Basel and FC Zürich will be played, even though all the first team of FC Zürich, and the coach and his assistants, are in 10 day quarantine.

So the Under 21s and their trainer are going to have to play tomorrow.

In other news, the teams in the Swiss League didn't have to test their players for corona, and it was only FCZ that did it, and then told the football association.
You couldn't make it up!

FIFA and UEFA have their HQ's in Switzerland for a reason.

EinmalImmerEwig

Anybody watched Yakubu play ? How good was he ?
The Yak was an awesome player on his day. Strong as a ...yak, but with no speed.
When he played for 'Boro he took Chelsea apart, giving Mourinho his biggest defeat, setting up the first two goals with his presence and power, and making JT look like a right mug for the 3rd.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
England matches.

Even though I always thought he was the best commentator in the business, I liked just having him for Champions Leagues matches...really helped those matches feel big time back in the day.

Top Bottom