Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Toast, Sep 2, 2019.
Should have got a RB.
Should never have sold Iwobi.
Otherwise an 8.
Realistically the club did the maximum they could this window. Addressed most positions that needed to, of course we didn't get a top CB, but there's simply no money for that.
And Raul did a damn good job shifting so many without a future here. Just the stubborn Mustafi proved too much for him.
Brought in some good players and sold a lot of Deadwood. I am very happy to get rid of underperforming top earners such as Ramsey, Cech & Mkhi. However we still havent managed to sell on our two poorest players in Mustafi and Bellerin.
I would say a 8 as well. Really good but not perfect of course.
Emery has no excuses really, he has a great squad and a year worth of experience in English football. It’s time to deliver.
Absolutely brilliant window for me. I gave an 8 because a 9is reserved for near perfect and a 10 would be perfect. I don't think any club had a perfect window... ever.
What we did do is use our resources very well, buy strategically and with the future in mind. I am very pleased and I think if we have another 2 good windows like that we'll be ready to challenge
1. The profile of most of our signings was top notch. Our squad was getting a bit older, and Pepe (24), Tierney (22), Martinelli (18) and Saliba (18) are young, very talented and look like they will improve our squad, and hold value at the same time.
2. Ceballos on loan is the closest like for like replacement for Ramsey I can imagine. I think if Ramsey was still here he would have been used as the most forward midfielder in a three against Sp**s, instead of Torreira. I hope Ceballos will be trusted in that role soon (in the big games). It's still early days, but next to another centreback, I think Ceballos should be a top transfer target for next summer. With Pogba refusing to sign a new deal, and probably going to Real Madrid next summer with 1 year left on his deal, we should tie Ceballos down early.
3. It was clear that Cech, Lichsteiner, Welbeck and Ramsey would not get/sign new contracts and with all those decisions I agree. Cech and Lichsteiner are a none issue. Welbeck and Ramsey are quality premier league players imo, but have proven to be impossible to depend on. Welbeck gets a big injury every season, and Ramsey is even less reliable. Good decisions.
4. I am happy Koscielny has been transfered to Bordeaux, regardless of the whole saga around him. We could not depend on him anymore. For me he has shown his true face and let us all down, and I think the club deserves a lot of credits for refusing to be pressured into a free transfer. That 5M we got for him is the sweetest money of the whole transfer window. Opposite to Koscielny is the Nacho Monreal transfer to Real Sociedad. He did not complain, he did not refuse to train, play or anything. He asked to be let go home, and the club decided to comply. I think he could have been still usefull, but the club must feel Tierney is close, and ready. He's better than Kolasinac, but at 33 I understand it.
5. Mkhitaryan and Elneny loaned out, I wish they were sold but at least they are not here. Add nothing to the team. Jenkinson should have been gone years ago, finally it happened. Ospina, Asano had no place here anymore, and brought us almost 5M together, well done. I have not seen much of Bielik, but he has never made much of a first team impression on me. To sell him for that amount is simply good business.
6. Iwobi is a tough one for me, on the one hand he is still young and talented, but the money was good, and tempting. Seeing how the new regime spends it, I think it will come to good use. That's why I place this transfer in the good category.
1. Mustafi is still here. He is the one player I would have given anything for to not see his face at our club anymore.
2. Our centreback options are still very bad, it was the number 1 issue we had last season and we have replaced Koscielny with David Luiz. I am not even sure he is a better defender than Koscielny. Injured a lot less so that is something. I don't think we really have the midfield to protect/compensate for his aggresive forward style. With Tierney and Bellerin back he'll have better recovery players around him I guess. I do know Sokratis is not the partner for him, same rash aggresive style. Hopefully Holding will be better soon.
Overall I am very happy with our business, and looking forward to next summer already! 8/10 window for me.
It’s a (contextual) 10 from me considering our budget.
My top three priorities were a LB, Winger and CM. We signed quality in each of those positions.
Add in the signings of Saliba and David Luiz, and the cull of so much deadwood, and I honestly don’t see how the window could have gone any better.
It's very good that we move so many players out really ruthless. But could also be a bit too much. We are thin at LB an we are thin at every forward position.
For the EL and mickey mouse cup I want rotation but who do we have as a striker? And what is whit injuries?
So still not sure if it was wise to let go all of Bielik, Monreal, Nketiah, Welbeck, Mkhitaryan for almost nothing.
How is this window not a 10
We moved on 14 players and strengthened in every position that needed to be strengthened
For a club not in the CL for the last 3 seasons and not having the finances that United has, we did an amazing job.
not all wages will be correct, some are based on vague media reports.
We failed to move Elneny and Mikhi, we couldn't move Özil. We're still short another proper winger. We have less than adequate goalkeeper options if Leno goes down for long. Having a 10/10 window was impossible.
Yes, the fat vegan instagram model employed as a professional footballer somehow.
8. We signed all the players in positions we wanted and good players too not panic signings.
And we sold/loan 11 players most of them not wanted.
It's good sign the new approach we going with but that helped alot with raul and his knowledge and connections we need to keep this guy as long as we can.
We did move them off our wage bill if not off the books.
We've moved on 14 players off the wage bill in one summer I think that deserves a 10 plus we signed one WC winger hopefully another will join next summer or in January.
1060k-390k=670k a week
670k * 52 weeks = 34.84M total saved in wages this year.
143M-64.35M = 78.65M net spending on transfer fees.
78.65M - 34.84M = 43.81M total cost this year, and for that money we got rid of mostly deadwood and added Pepe, Tierney, David Luiz & Saliba for next year.
It's not perfect accounting, I know, but what a job Don Raul did.
Considering the circumstances and what I thought would happen this summer it's pretty much a 10.
The deadwood being shipped out alone gives us an 8
Everyone kicking off because we sold Iwobi meaning Mhki would be staying, see ya.
Gave it a 9, almost a perfect window considering the funds and how much deadwood we had to get rid of.
Wanted a marquee CB signing but we went for a compromise with the youth and talent instead which is understandable. We did somehow strenghten at the back with Luiz but it's obviously a stop gap solution that will get us top 4 but not good enough if we want to challenge.
We're a bit thin in the wide areas but we injected proper quiality with Pepe and we're putting big stock in our youngsters which is something everyone wanted.
Ceballost is also a great addition, hope we address his loan situation and try to get him on a permanent basis.
the only reason i'm giving 8 because we should have signed backup RB and Backup GK. Yes i'm greedy.
You're not greedy, a perfect score is reserved for perfect performance. We weren't perfect, but we were bloody good compared to a full decade of mediocrity in the windows
Back to elite posting, i see
Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv