• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rate the Transfer Window

How would you rate our transfer business on a scale from 1-10?

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 14 10.0%

Votes: 55 39.3%

Votes: 44 31.4%

Votes: 20 14.3%

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Lower than 5

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Went from 3 to 6 with the arrival of Perez. Would have been a 7 if we got a proven goalscorer.

We'll see how it goes. Could be a 9 in hindsight, but we're voting now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Went to a 7 when we signed Xhaka, went to a 1 until we signed Lucas which brought it back up to a 4. Mustafi made it a 6 and then Wilshere leaving brought it back down to a 2. Not getting rid of Sanogo and Debuchy settles it at a solid 1.

I now support Bournemouth.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Jack is loaned, Sonogo and Dubuchy are still here, Giroud will likely still start a load of games for us and Wenger spent 90m so he will be getting a extension at some point in the coming month before things fall apart Jan/Feb.

At the same time I'm excited to see what Perez has to offer though and those balls into space Xhaka played the other day caused a tingling inside my pants.

6/10 with room to grow.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Voted for 7. After all the years of suffering it was a cathartic experience to relax and enjoy the final hours of the DD.

We'we strenghted the squad, brought in some fresh faces that look like proper badasses, and won't sulk like our millenial androginous vulvas.

Lack of a proven CF signing and failure to offload certain leeches prevented me from going higher, but honestly guys, after all the post CL final summer tortures, this is like being reborn again.

Onroad

ThinkingGradualAwesome.gif

Plutarch

I rate it as very good, an 8. Xhaka is a fine addition and Mustafi, now a starting centre back for Germany, has every chance of being really good as well. We needed to strengthen both these positions and I don't think we could have done much better. Then there's Holding, he also seems like a good addition. Which leaves Perez. I don't know how he's going to be, but any decent striker will help our attack at the moment. (I wasn't convinced about Lacazette and I didn't see any other alternatives out there.) I'd say our squad and first team is now much improved. As for players we'd like to get rid of still being here, I don't care about that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka looks class on the ball if a bit dodge defensively. Mustafi will be quality I'm sure.

Asano and Nwakali seem like above average prospects. Holding has looked incredible, if we can protect him and give him solid minutes like we should have done with Calum I think the sky's the limit for the lad.

When you see Slimani going for crazy money, Perez looks a very smart buy. I think he'll be good for us.

As for outgoings I'm glad Wenger finally realised what needed to be done with the likes of Wilshere and Calum. They need game time and will hopefully develop well.

Overall 8/10

Theo is still first choice out wide for us which is a major negative.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Voted 9

Delighted with the window.

We signed one of the top central defenders & central midfielders to change clubs this window. Both under the age of 25 so room for further improvement. Exactly the point a club in our position should sign.

Wenger attempted to sign three different pacey strikers who were prolific in the 15/16 season. Lucas Perez would not have been my primary choice but he has everything in his game we need. After the unexpected Vardy rejection & looking at the general quality of strikers moving we recovered well & better than normal.

The Japanese striker, Nigerian midfielder & Holding all promising well priced young players.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Went to 6 with Xhaka
Went to 7 with Perez
Went to 8 with Mustafi
Went to 7 losing Wilshere with Ramsey and Theo staying

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My criteria is players signed that are going to play most of the season and are expected to therefore make an impact. Xhaka was the biggest name, but arguably for a position that was our least pressing concern. I'm not counting players like Holding etc, of whom I expect nothing from.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I wanted to give a 7 because we should've finished our business earlier, especially the Mustafi deal, but given his injury and how long it took to finish it he wouldn't have contributed anyway, so I can't blame the club for that.

Could we have bought better CB's and CM's than Mustafi and Xhaka? Not in my opinion. Holding also looks like a top prospect, Asano might turn good and talents are always welcome. Perez looks exactly like the type we need but not sure on his level, however I can't think of a better striker we could've signed for a fair price.

The above makes it an 8, but I want to give an extra point for the effort the club has put in this summer to close all gaps in the squad. I geniunely think they've done a fantastic job, so a 9 is deserving.

10/10 had we bought a WC attacker on top. But overall I couldn't be happier, and I'm looking forward to this season more than ever.

cloista

Solid 7, pushing an 8 if Perez turns out good. Filled our holes, upgraded where we most needed, and shifted 2 players out on loan who needed more minutes than we could risk giving them.

Not moving on Debuchy, Sanogo and a couple of others is a minus.

The Gnabry contract situation meaning we had to sell now to get anything for him was 50-50 for me, don't think he was good enough for us, but we should've sold him when he broke through and would've commanded a better fee.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
How is this window possibly better than a 6. We've lost one of if not our best young players, let Wilshere go for a whole season without recall and we haven't even got a CF ffs.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom