• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rate the Transfer Window

How would you rate our transfer business on a scale from 1-10?

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 14 10.0%

Votes: 55 39.3%

Votes: 44 31.4%

Votes: 20 14.3%

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Lower than 5

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Arsene_normal.jpg

Top quality transfer window.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I wanted to give a 7 because we should've finished our business earlier, especially the Mustafi deal, but given his injury and how long it took to finish it he wouldn't have contributed anyway, so I can't blame the club for that.

Could we have bought better CB's and CM's than Mustafi and Xhaka? Not in my opinion. Holding also looks like a top prospect, Asano might turn good and talents are always welcome. Perez looks exactly like the type we need but not sure on his level, however I can't think of a better striker we could've signed for a fair price.

The above makes it an 8, but I want to give an extra point for the effort the club has put in this summer to close all gaps in the squad. I geniunely think they've done a fantastic job, so a 9 is deserving.

10/10 had we bought a WC attacker on top. But overall I couldn't be happier, and I'm looking forward to this season more than ever.

What have you done with the real @Furious :eek::eek:

You must be on some hard meds :lol::lol:

cannonade

Established Member
Those who voted 8 (significant improvement) and 9 (vast improvement) I'd be interested to know if therefore you think we have done enough to be champions this season?
Depends on Lucas and squad fitness. If Lucas transforms our attack and we don't have any lengthy injuries to our core players I think we can make a run. If Lucas is what we hope than the core is good enough. The weak link for me is the MF role next to Xhaka. Santi is quality, clever and experienced, but lacks defensively. Ramsey is all over the pitch but can't be trusted to play consistently. Jack is off to find himself and Elneny will help us, but is not a star. Maybe between all of them we can succeed, but that's a lot of maybes. Fingers crossed.

GoonerBoy19

I will give an 8, would have liked to get the deals done before the start of the season. But I do believe we had bigger targets before Mustafi and Perez. Enquiry for Manolas and Vardy saga confirms that we had other first choice targets.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
too soon to say, but definitely hovering around 8 on face value.

Giroud and Walcott outs would have made it a 9

GoonerBoy19

Those who voted 8 (significant improvement) and 9 (vast improvement) I'd be interested to know if therefore you think we have done enough to be champions this season?

Actually we do have a balanced squad now after a very long time. Now it's all about performance, match day tactics and injuries. If we manage to keep our key players fit and firing to win big matches then we can challenge. Ramsey, Giroud, Theo and Ox have to step up as key players.

8/10

we needed 1 CB got 2 CB's CF and Good CM

didnt expect Wenger to address holes in this squad, since he choose to ignore for a decade.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bought what we needed for the 11, but still have deadwood and due to the outs some uninspiring options in key areas.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I say 7. We signed players for all positions we needed strengthening for so it could raise to 10 if all the players turn out to be great. At this point, however, only Xhaka is a top top bracket player, status-wise. Mustafi is good and still pretty young, lots of upside there. Can't say much about Perez at this point. I think he can succeed but it remains to be seen.

Loaning out Wilshere is a plus. Wenger showing that nobody can be sure of their spot unless they show their class on the pitch. It's time for Jack to step up and match the hype. Mocking Sp**s is just not enough.

Xhaka and Mustafi are incredible additions,while I believe in Perez too.Plus I am sure Wenger still does not get enough credit for signing three way above average talents in Asano,Holding and Nwakali cheaper than Sunderland paid for Pappy Djiliboudji.

BUT.But Walcott is still going to be our main RW and we really needed that goalscoring winger (it's you,Mr.Mahrez.).Anyway I am still satisfied with this transfer window and we all should be.

P.S Jack will be back.Better than ever.Fact.

Arsenal in Aus

7. Would have been an 8 if the deals were done before we were 5 points down. Would have been a 9 or 10 if the striker was proven WC (although I think Perez is a good buy).

arsmile

Established Member
it was good

very happy with who we bought in
think we let too many potentially useful squaddies go
think we held on to some we should have tried harder to cash in on

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surprised so many people go as high as 8.

I look at Elneny/Coq getting a ton of games together and can't help but be disappointed. Not to mention Bellerin also has a ton of pressure to preform and stay fit.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
for me it was good window i was hoping to do deals early then leave it till last week of the window but the important thing we got the players we needed. 8.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Surprised so many people go as high as 8.

I look at Elneny/Coq getting a ton of games together and can't help but be disappointed. Not to mention Bellerin also has a ton of pressure to preform and stay fit.
I think he got 2 backups Bellerin now Jenkinson and Debuchy yes they are both so average but they will do the job when Bellerin need rest.

About Coq and Elneny i hope Wenger never play them together it remind me when we play Flamini Arteta in midfield both don't help us offensively. We should start one of Cazorla or Ramsey or even Xhaka play with one of Elneny and coq.

Sebben

Went with a 7

Xhaka is one of the best buys of the season

We got a good CB but it took to long we got a striker and while it wasn't the WC one I still feel he'll do well.

The loaning of Campbell while keeping sanago takes it down from 8

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Wenger bashers will give it less than 5, Wenger supporters will give it 9/10, and the fair minded will judge it 6-8. Can lock it now.
I'm a "Wenger basher" and gave it a nine.

We addressed the spine of the team and that is something we needed to do for a long time. We got players in with the attributes we needed. A pacey striker, a powerful midfielder and a mobile defender. We've brought in a young up and coming striker, a promising midfielder and defender.

For me it's been a near perfect window. Just a shame one or two more didn't leave but we've brought down the numbers and have a solid platform to go forward with.

The major disappointments seem to be around a lack of a name signing. Disappointing I guess but understandable. That's why solely looking at attributes and what we needed everything matches.

Now it's time to see if those guys adopt and actually play.

Top Bottom