• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match dicussion vs Chelsea

Man of the Match

• Jack Wilshere

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • Abou Diaby

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Humble Rex

Established Member
Clichy has his flaws, just like any other player. IMO he gets a whole lot less help than most other LBs in the PL. His job is made a whole lot harder because of it.

How many times for instance was Ashley Cole left one on one against us? I´m not even sure he was! Clichy is left with both one on ones and one on twos several occasions each game.

squallkid

Established Member
He's not a scapegoat, I blame the team for the loss, not just Clichy.

The two goals conceded had nothing to do with him but as a team we were poor and so was clichy.

Or Maybe I'm being too harsh on clichy

Either way

Something's gotta give

Burnwinter

Established Member
Think you're being a bit harsh Squallkid.

For all that it happens depressingly often, "defend defend defend and wait for that chance of a set piece" is not a strategy a side like Chelsea really, truly adopts by choice.

The two goals were scored with five minutes to go in each half, hardly an indication that we were leaking golden opportunities right left and centre*.

* I make no mention of the golden scoring opportunities they did miss - but there were only two that I recall.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom