• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Barcelona

Man of the Match:

• Robin van Persie

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Andrei Arshavin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: WE ARE THE ARSENAL!!! (MATCH RATINGS)

As a team, we just beat the so called best team in the world. Nobody played the perfect match, but as a team we deserve a 10.

We showed the fight and the quality to be champions today, and you can't ask for much more than that.

gstew

I loved this game. I thought that we would need to play perfect and Barca would need to play poorly for us to win. In actuality I thought that we were great, but far from perfect. And I also thought that Barca played quite well.

IMHO the top two teams of my adult life are 2009-2011 Barcelona and 2002-2004 Arsenal. And as much as I love Arsenal I have to admit that this Barca side are substantially better than that Arsenal one. Post-game Cesc called them the best team of all time.....and I would not argue the point with him. So to beat them when they did not play poorly is just extraordinary.

Sczez - 8.5 Was very assured.

Eboue - 5 Our worst player. Thank god we have Sagna back for the return leg.
Djourou - 7 Not as good as his recent performances, but good enough.
Kos - 9.5 MOTM and best game in an Arsenal shirt. Still the fastest CB that I have ever seen. When TV comes back we will be able to rotate three top quality players for two positions.
Clichy - 8 Always love his aggression and we need it when playing a team like Barca. Not his fault that he was outnumbered sometimes. Absolutely beautiful right foot pass to RVP. Would have been a 9 if he didn't keep Villa onside for his goal.

Song - 6 Was so relieved when Wenger took him off because every challenge after the first 5 minutes I was waiting for the ref to give him a second yellow. Played OK otherwise.
Cesc - 8.5 Did some great defensive work. A real captain's performance.
Wilshere - 9.5 If not for the immense performance by Kos, he would have been MOTM by a mile. Not enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe what he did today.

Nasri - 7.5 Mixed game for him. But his vision and pass for the second goal was otherworldly.
Theo - 7 Some good and some bad, but definitely caused them some problems and put in a good defensive shift.
RVP - 8 Great finish and some great hold-up play. Loses a point because of how many shots he put off target.

Arsh - 7.5 Excellent finish. His hand ball at the end scared the crap out of me.
Bendtner - 7 Put in a nice shift.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Szczesney 8

Eboue 6
Koscielny 9
Djourou 7
Clichy 7

Song 6
Wilshere 9
Fabregas 7

Walcott 8
Van Persie 8
Nasri 8

Arshavin :D
taylor314gh said:
SA Gunner said:
Absolutely amazing performance. To be able to come from behind and deliver this response against the best in the world is absolutely brilliant.

Jack Wilshere == the future.

Jack and Szczczcz- the future.
The present.

DanielVale

Wilshere gets a 10. To boss the park around Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Pedro...ffs - the lad is going to be ****ing huge.

Just epic win. All over...and Andrey - I want your babies

gstew

GunnerBP said:
As a team, we just beat the so called best team in the world. Nobody played the perfect match, but as a team we deserve a 10.

We showed the fight and the quality to be champions today, and you can't ask for much more than that.
Come on...they are the best team in the world. They are actually the best team that I have ever seen. And there is no hyperbole in my comment at all.

AND WE BEAT THEM!!!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

FU-CK YESSSSSSSSSS

ARSHAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN

Just saw the highlights and that commentator scream was epic. Same as Reyeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss

:D :D :D

taylor314gh

GaelForce22 said:
Szczesney 8

Eboue 6
Koscielny 9
Djourou 7
Clichy 7

Song 6
Wilshere 9
Fabregas 7

Walcott 8
Van Persie 8
Nasri 8

Arshavin :D
taylor314gh said:
SA Gunner said:
Absolutely amazing performance. To be able to come from behind and deliver this response against the best in the world is absolutely brilliant.

Jack Wilshere == the future.

Jack and Szczczcz- the future.
The present.

touche.

Really though, at 19 and 20 respectively, even if they didn't mature that much, they are playing as well as anyone else in the world. How good can they get. It is a bit scary, for other teams at least.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Sorry for spoiling the thread but... my voice is sore, I won't bother to rate and ............

FU-CK YESSSSSSSSSS

:D :D :D

Bossa

Established Member

It was a great decision to let Koscielny man mark Messi unlike a year ago when Messi could roam freely.

Wilshere and Kos MotM: 9

The rest gets a steady 7 for me.

godfather

Haha, knew Kos could have a good game against Barca, because his game reading is superb and there will be not alot physical contacts.
for me MOTM

jerome2158

Established Member
anyone have any good, wallpaper sized images of celebrations and/or szczesny in particular?

My oh my though...i keep rewatching Arshavin's goal just for the commentary. Love the "arrSHAVIN!"

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Kos was MOTM
any player who can keep Messi relatively quit deserves to be MOTM
give the entire team a 10 they just defeated Barca by playing football

Wokich

Jack and Schneezy were great, but credit where due people!

Laurent Kosciely was a BEAST! The man took down Messi. MOTM.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Wilshere was ****ing great, absolutely stunning peformance. damn.

Fabregas was off as expected he always plays badly when he plays against barcelona its ****ing frustrating he does nothing only talking against those spanish players when our players tackling them. he needs to up his game and shoot us to the quarter finals

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Wilshere was ****ing great, damn what a player he is. absolutely stunning peformance by him.

I was dissapointed with Fabregas though, he doenst look bothered.

Koscielny is indeed a great reader of the game we saw it yesterday, but sometimes he is caught out the offside trap.

jibber

Yeah. if only Fabregas played some perfectly weighted through balls that led to chances, especially to Nasri down the right.

mrsvanpersie

Szczesny 8/10

Koscielny 9.5/10 My MotM - his reading of the game was immense!
Djourou 9/10 

Clichy 8/10

Eboue 6/10

Fabregas 8/10

Nasri 8/10

Walcott 8/10

Bendtner 6/10

Song 5.5/10
Arshavin 7.5/10

Wilshere 9/10

Van Persie 8.5/10

Lazaq

Szczesny 8 – Never looks out of place, even at the biggest of stages.

Eboue 6 – Hit and miss, but worked hard and there’s no mistaking his passion for the team.

Koscielny 9 – Mostly had control over Messi, and made some fantastic interceptions.

Djourou 7 – Did well considering his opponents, but had difficulties with their through-balls.

Clichy 7 – Was left a little exposed by Nasri at times, but still put in a good shift.

Fabregas 8 – Not at his best in the first half, but grew tenfold in the second. Close to tears after the final whistle I think, or was I the only one who noticed that?

Wilshere 10 – If dominating the greatest midfield in the world at 19 isn’t a 10/10 performance, then what is? Has at least three lungs, as well.

Song 6 - Had huge problems in the first half, much better in the second. Rightfully taken off, however.

Nasri 7 – Understandably rusty, but still fairly threatening. Will be even better in three weeks.

Walcott 8 – Barcelona must really hate him.

Van Persie 8 – Far from his best, but his goal gave us further fuel for our fire and is so improtant for the teams overall performance.

SUBS:
Arshavin 8 – That’s what you might call one of those vital goals.

Bendtner 7 – Decent performance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom