• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Birmingham

The man of the match was...

• Jack Wilshere

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Abou Diaby

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Gooner_Milton

MOTM for me would still be Jack despite the tackle in the end.

His pass to Chamakh for the second goal was exquisite as was his general workrate and passing.

otfgoon

Established Member
Wilshere was superb, what a player. Shame he'll miss the next 3 games.

Diaby was superb also, just wish he'd be a bit more ruthless in the final.

Song was good, hopefully he's turned the corner.

Fabianski with another solid game.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
MOTM-Wilshere even he was red carded.His work rate today was absolute superb...

Rorz

Established Member
Wilshere was superb again today, but I give MOTM to Chamakh for producing the goods in terms of goals.

Chamakh, Wilshere - 9
Rosicky, Nasri, Diaby - 8
Song, Fabianski - 7

Everyone else a 6.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Wilshere was superb, everything is done a second quicker than Song and Diaby. Also put in a good shift defensively to go with a pretty damn good CM performance....his creativity won us the game. Rash tackle though, he deserved a red for that.

Fabianski.........7

Eboue......6
Squillaci........6
Djourou......5
Clichy........5

Song.......6
Wilshere.......8...MOTM
Diaby.......5......got into so many positions but slows everything down far too much. Afraid to shoot aswell.

Nasri.......7....overall he was very average but extra for stepping up for the pen.
Chamakh.......6.....just for the goal.
Arshavin.......4

Bendtner......:lol:......horrible, every touch was poor.
Rosicky.......6.....proving to be a very good squad player this season. Some great passes, but his shooting is still poor. Every second shot goes to row Z.

yakso

Wilshere is immense. It is hard to believe that he wasn't even in frame for the first eleven at the beginning of the season. Now he must be a sure fixture in our first team.

MAK 14

Established Member
Wilshere was man of the match for me. Fabianski had a good game also.

Diaby was good on the ball, but his decision making was a little off at times in my opinion.

Gunner_JT

Fabianski 7 (Improving, good punches and with authority)

Eboue 6
Squillaci 6
Djourou 5
Clichy 7

Song 7
Wilshere 7 (8 if i disregard the rc)
Diaby 7

Nasri 6 (Tidy but that's it really and a well taken pk)
Chamakh 6
Arshavin 5 (Can be excused for 2 full matches for Russia)

Bendtner 5
Rosicky 6 (Great touches, always looking for opportunities, should be playing the AM)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
MOTM Jack.
No doubt about that, even if he'd got three red cards in the last minute.

Song, Diaby and Clichy have improved a bit and Flappy is continuing his good spell. Chamakh was also good today, wasted an easy chance early in the game, but scored our great second goal.

Not too much seen from Nasri today, same with Eboue and the subs who came on later.
Our CBs have been solid apart from the moment when Zigic headed their lead.

Biggest negative point was Arshavin.
Really shocking - once more.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Wilshere MOTM, we're already at a stage where we'll badly miss him when he's not playing.

Apart from that I thought Nasri, Fabianski, Clichy and Chamakh in no particular order deserve credit as well.

qs

Established Member
Fabianski 7 good command of the area. No mistakes.

Eboue 5 AWOL in defence.
Squillaci 7 did the work of 2 men for large parts of the game
Djourou 4 not good enough
Clichy 6 decent game

Song 8 great in defence and attack
Wilshere 8 good all round midfield display
Diaby 7 decent but lacks the final ball to suit the AM role

Nasri 7 good, typical Nasri performance
Chamakh 7 made the difference but was too deep at times
Arshavin 2 self indulgent, lazy, hiding. His passing was just offensive.

Bendtner 5 off the pace
Rosicky 7 looked dangerous

squallkid

Established Member
Fabianski 7

Eboue 6 I can wait till Sagna gets back
Squillaci 6 Fine
Djourou 5 Rusty
Clichy 7 Looked okay except for when he was skinned by Carr

Song 7 Okay
Wilshere 8 Bossed the game
Diaby 6 Typical Diaby performance

Nasri 7 Well taken penalty
Chamakh 7 Played well
Arshavin 5 Quiet

Subs bench
Bendtner N/A
Rosicky 6 Looked good when he came on

giuliob

Fabianski: 7.5 Looked and played with confidence. Nothing to do about the B goal.
Eboue: 7 Came alive in the 2nd half. Took shots that Diaby should have taken.
Squillaci: 6.5 Good to see him barking out orders
Djourou: 6
Clichy 6.5
Song 6.5
Jack 7.5 He knows what he did
Nasri 6.5 Confident PK, can dribble out of trouble in the final third.
Diaby 7 Good work rate, good in that hole position, puts the fear into the opposition, but lacks some football smarts. Take the shot!
Chamakh 7.5 MOTM Created one goal, made the 2nd. That makes 3 points. IMO, not a dive. Contact, penalty.
AA 6 Okay 1st half, tough 2nd.
Roz 7 Brought some spark and took his shots
Nik 6.5 First game back, did okay.

A frustrating game.
Not finishing in the final third.
Not taking shots, i.e., Diaby
Brum not the same team from last year.
Did Hleb play the entire game? He was off the radar for practically the entire 2nd half.

3 points won fair and square for the Arsenal.
Go Gunners!

otfgoon

Established Member
fabo said:
Diaby.......5......got into so many positions but slows everything down far too much.

What a load of bull, just your typical generic Diaby comment.

He was great today and was responsible for a large percentage of our most dangerous attacks, even if he lacked the killer end product in the final third.

Gunner_JT

redwhiteAustrian said:
MOTM Jack.
No doubt about that, even if he'd got three red cards in the last minute.

Song, Diaby and Clichy have improved a bit and Flappy is continuing his good spell. Chamakh was also good today, wasted an easy chance early in the game, but scored our great second goal.

Not too much seen from Nasri today, same with Eboue and the subs who came on later.
Our CBs have been solid apart from the moment when Zigic headed their lead.

Biggest negative point was Arshavin.
Really shocking - once more

Harsh, he didn't get any service on that left hand side at all, when he tried to get involved with play, our players off the ball movement was often quite terrible when he tried to pull things off.

For eg, once instance was when he flicked a pass on to what should have been Nasri but had moved into Wilshere's occupied space when he should have stayed in position.

mo50

Established Member
Wilshere was my MOTM. He ran the show, and moved the ball around splendidly. With the way the game was going, I was expecting that tackle he made to come from a Birmingham player. It's a shame he'll be out for 3 games now.

Diaby, Song, Chamakh and Nasri all deserve a mention too. It was a good game for all of them.

What happened to Hleb? the guy looked lost out there. He looks a completely different player to the one we had a few years ago.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Saying Diaby was 'superb' is a load of bull I'd say. He probably got the nod ahead of Rosicky for his physical presence.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Gunner_JT said:
Harsh, he didn't get any service on that left hand side at all, when he tried to get involved with play, our players off the ball movement was often quite terrible when he tried to pull things off.

For eg, once instance was when he flicked a pass on to what should have been Nasri but had moved into Wilshere's occupied space when he should have stayed in position.

I don't blame the lack of service on the left hand side, because Clichy e.g. was very much involved in our attacking play today, in both halfs, and often Arsh didn't have that kind of movement to be more dangerous when Clichy was in possession.

He was obviously out of breath due to playing both of Russia's games last week, but in the end, his performance was poor.

Although, saying it was shocking was probably a bit harsh, I've to admit.

Gooner_Milton

mo50 said:
What happened to Hleb? the guy looked lost out there. He looks a completely different player to the one we had a few years ago.

Older, lacking match fitness, and surrounded by unimaginative 'British steel'.

Far cry from the Nou Camp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom