• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Blues

Man of the match was...

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johan Djourou

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Sagna - 8
Djourou - 8
Koscielny - 7
Clichy - 7

Song - 7
Fabregas - 7.5
Wilshere - 6

Nasri - 7.5
van Persie - 6
Walcott - 7

Moment of the match: Birmingham are three goals down and McLeish subs on Alexander Hleb in an attempt to score.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Plumbed for Cesc as my MotM, could have easily have been any of the others but he looks a lot more with it over the past week and dictated the play. Lucky his shin still attached to his knee too.

Nasri's goal was top draw, you know how Bergkamp never seemed to score a cack goal with us? well thats Nasri this season.

Shue

Established Member
Cesc MoM for me, Nasri a very close second.

Special mention for Koscielny battering Cameron Jerome to the ground in the first half.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Song really should be in the poll IMO. Had a really solid, disciplined game.

Cesc and Nasri were very good.

Fabianski..........6

Sagna........7
Djourou......7
Koscielny.........7
Clichy..........7

Song.....7.5
Jack............6.5
Cesc.........8

Nasri...........8
RVP...........6.5
Theo.............6

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 6/10

Sagna 6/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 6/10

Song 6/10
Wilshere 5.5/10
Cesc 7.5/10

Nasri 8/10
van Persie 6.5/10
Walcott 6/10

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Fabianski - 7

Sagna - 8
Djourou - 8
Koscielny - 7
Clichy - 7

Song - 7
Fabregas - 7.5
Wilshere - 6

Nasri - 8.5 MOTM
van Persie - 6
Walcott - 6

arsenallegends

Established Member
Ratings spot on Klaus though I would be a bit more harsh on Robin. He simply cannot be so wasteful against City.

Fantastic attitude and performance by the lads tonight. They kept distributing the ball and attacking from all sides of the pitch. Everyone was involved.

I won't shed a tear if Birmingham go down this year. Ridiculous tackles by them tonight, **** football in general but a good display by Foster.

squallkid

Established Member
Fabianski - 8 Class all night and it's safe to say that he's lost his old nickname of Flappianski he has turned it around this season and has basically handed Almunia his plane ticket back to Spain

Sagna - 8 A typical Bacary Sagna performance, what more can you say about the best right back in the league he never lets us down and Birmingham barely had a sniff down his flank

Djourou - 8 He's proving me wrong each and every time he plays dealt with Jerome well and read the game superbly

Koscielny - 7 He is so much more than a boney Senderos, he is a better version of Senderos with mental strength to boot.

Clichy - 7 We might be beginning to see the Clichy of old again

Song - 7 He was great I thought and he is finally reverting to the Alex Song we all know and love

Fabregas - 8 Nearly back to his fabulous best and just in time too

Wilshere - 6 All over the midfield today like a little terrier snapping at the Birmingham thugs heels, one of our most consistent performers this season, keep these type of performances up and Denilson might have to find himself another club.

Nasri - 9 Forced the own goal and score a goal of his own

van Persie - 6 Scored a crucial goal but went missing after that

Walcott - 6 His pace got two Birmingham players yellow cards and he was lively at times.

Man Of the match- Nasri

CandysRoom

Established Member
Fabianski- 7, Solid. Keep it up lad
Sagna- 8. Is there a better RB about?
Djourou- 7, Solid.
Koscielny- 7, Solid.
Clichy- 7, Solid.
Song- 7, Solid. A midfield wall, never looked suspect.
Wilshere-7, Kept things neat and moving as usual.
Fabregas- 8, Getting better all the time and a pivotal role in most moves.
Nasri- 8, Great team player. Works well with whoever he plays the ball with. My MOTM.
RVP- 7, Still getting there, but i'm not giving him less than 7 after such a good team performance.
Walcott- 7, Always a threat, pushing hard for his starting spot.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I give the MOTM award to Nasri. Influential both on and off the ball. His movement and intelligence (knowing he is a target man for opposition) is great and he has the confidence to get out of tight situations instead of passing the buck.

More positive points include:

Us persisting with the "wave" formation, pressing and defending as a unit.

Clean sheet

Fabianski controlling his area

Djourou-Koscielny partnership, its good

Song staying in his place and doing his job.

Onto my ratings

Fabianski - 6.5, Solid

Clichy - 6
Koscielny - 6
Djourou - 7, Good aerial presence
Sagna - 7, Solid

Song - 7
Fabregas - 7.5
Wilshere - 6.5

Nasri - 8.5
RVP - 5
Walcott - 6

Subs:

Denilson - N/A
Arshavin - N/A

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
Ratings spot on Klaus though I would be a bit more harsh on Robin. He simply cannot be so wasteful against City.
I thought he looked like Bendtner on one of his bad days too, but I added a point for the goal.

Y va marquer

Established Member
MOTM Cesc or Nasri, Nasri or Cesc?
Can't make up my mind.

The are key to any PL winning chance that we may have.
At least 1 of them should be in our starting line-up any time that we play.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski - 8
Sagna - 8
Djourou - 8
Koscielny - 8
Clichy - 7
Song - 7
Fabregas - 8.5
Wilshere - 7
Nasri - 8
van Persie - 7
Walcott - 7

Arshavin - 6
Denilson - 5

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I thought we were poor in the first half for the record. We know for a fact that Robin's touch is excellent so it's very frustrating to see balls bouncing off his feet in the box. Nasri was wasteful too but held up the ball excellently again. I actually thought Song was the best player for the first 45 minutes. He was exactly where I wanted him to be most of the time. He cut off so much space, which is what defending is essentially about if you're doing it well.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The pitch was horrific too - always gonna be tough for a player like RVP on that surface.

Song needs to stay at this level now. Two good games in a row for him - it's been a while.

mo50

Established Member
CandysRoom said:
Fabianski- 7, Solid. Keep it up lad
Sagna- 8. Is there a better RB about?
Djourou- 7, Solid.
Koscielny- 7, Solid.
Clichy- 7, Solid.
Song- 7, Solid. A midfield wall, never looked suspect.
Wilshere-7, Kept things neat and moving as usual.
Fabregas- 8, Getting better all the time and a pivotal role in most moves.
Nasri- 8, Great team player. Works well with whoever he plays the ball with. My MOTM.
RVP- 7, Still getting there, but i'm not giving him less than 7 after such a good team performance.
Walcott- 7, Always a threat, pushing hard for his starting spot.

I'd go with this, maybe knock Van Persie down by .5 for missing all those chances. The quality he's added up front is immense though. When the ball is at his feet, he always makes the right decision.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I thought we were poor in the first half for the record. We know for a fact that Robin's touch is excellent so it's very frustrating to see balls bouncing off his feet in the box. Nasri was wasteful too but held up the ball excellently again. I actually thought Song was the best player for the first 45 minutes. He was exactly where I wanted him to be most of the time. He cut off so much space, which is what defending is essentially about if you're doing it well.

I think he's growing into a new role well again. Learning when to attack hard and when to sit back and keep things simple is something he seems to be doing more lately.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
fabo: Yeah, the pitch on St Andrews was a disaster. What bugged me the most was the stuff Birmingham got away with though. Roger Johnson should have been sent off for the disgusting challenge on Cesc in the first half, and Cameron Jerome should have walked for the stamp on Koscielny. How those two ****ing ****s managed to stay on the field for the entire game I don't know. Bowyer was pathetic too with all his stamps on Sagna, and then there was Ridgewell who did his best to look like an asshat throughout the game. Birmingham is a really poor football team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom