• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Blues

Man of the match was...

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johan Djourou

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Invincible

Established Member
Fabianski 7 - Did his job tonight
Djourou 8 - Top player. A joy to watch him defend
Koscielny 7 - Good, helped by JD's presence
Clichy 7 - Surprisingly good
Sagna 8 - Mr Consistent
Song 7 - Good to see him go forward less
Fabregas 8 - Pulled the strings and a typical classy performance
Wilshere 6 - Not his best game in an Arsenal shirt
Nasri 9 - Utter class
Walcott 6 - Not great, rubbish in possession
RvP 6 - Criminally wasteful

russkiegooner

Fabianski - 8
Sagna - 7
Djourou - 8
Koscielny - 7
Clichy - 7
Song - 7
Fabregas - 8
Wilshere - 6
Nasri - 8, MOTM
van Persie - 5
Walcott - 6

Subs
Arshavin - 6
Denilson - 6

russkiegooner

Klaus Daimler said:
the pitch on St Andrews was a disaster. What bugged me the most was the stuff Birmingham got away with though. Roger Johnson should have been sent off for the disgusting challenge on Cesc in the first half, and Cameron Jerome should have walked for the stamp on Koscielny. How those two ******* ***** managed to stay on the field for the entire game I don't know. Bowyer was pathetic too with all his stamps on Sagna, and then there was Ridgewell who did his best to look like an asshat throughout the game. Birmingham is a really poor football team.
Spot on, Klaus.

mistaT

Established Member
Not even going to do individual ratings....the team as a whole was great and nothing other than a win was ever in my thoughts.

Thought RVP was alright, not sure where the flak is coming from when had he converted one of those chances his performance would have been considered exceptional.

Had a few great lay offs for Cesc, Nasri and Arshavin and was involved all night.

russkiegooner

mistaT said:
Thought RVP was alright, not sure where the flak is coming from when had he converted one of those chances his performance would have been considered exceptional.
RvP was very bad in the first half. The problem was not even his finishing (that has never been his strongest point) but the fact that his passing and ball control were surprisingly poor. These are the areas where he habitually excels. Generally, he kept leaking possession and was detrimental to our collective game. The goal was not the result of skill but rather that of luck.

He got better in the second half though.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Fabianski-7 Decisive :)

Sagna-7 Mr dependable. Crackin' defender, ****e crosser
DJ 7.5 Top notch
Kos-7 Good
Clichy-7

Fabregas- 8
Wilshere-6 Somewhat disappointing
Song-7 Disciplined

Walcott - 6.5 Quiet first 45, lively second
Nasri- 8 Gorgeous footballer
RVP - 6.5 Liqourice allsorts

Won't bother rating Denny or Shava.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Thought RvP was poor.

I think Cesc and Nasri have great chemistry and really seem to feed off each other. If Arshavin could produce any sort of consistency, it would be lethal, because Nasri and Arshavin seem to have a lot of joy playing together as well.

I think Nasri is MotM. Sagna was solid. Really couldnt think of many poor performances outside of RvP, we were just wasteful (surprise) as a team.

3 points at Birmingham is never easy. Ill take it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fab 7 another great game

Sagna 8 beast as always
kosh 7 wenger keep him play with dj
DJ 8 if you keep your good performance you will become a star
Clichy 7 i want this clichy every game

song 7 good game
wilshere 7 good game
capitan 8 very good game he doing every thing

nannasri 9 MOTM he is getting better and better this season
walcott 6 meh good game but gotta work with his cross and shots
Rvp 6.5 unlucky rvp today he score but he not score more

shava and denny both of them 6

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Fabianski 6 - Did what you'd expect from a goalkeeper.

Sagna 7 - Extremely dependable, made of steel!
Djourou 6.5 - Solid although Jerome won too many headers.
Koscielny 6.5 - Really needs to improve his heading and composure.
Clichy 7 - Redemption.

Song 7.5 - Disciplined, dominant, very strong performance
Fabregas 8.5 - Almost forgot how important he was to our play, what a difference he makes.
Wilshere 6.5 - Great tenacity, took a beating but got on with it and played fairly well.

Nasri 8.5 - What can you say? On course for Player of the Year.
Van Persie 6.5 - Should have scored more but played much better in the second half.
Walcott 6 - Threatened but ultimately a bit disappointing.

Great performance and absolutely delighted with the result. Beat Man City on Wednesday and we'll have done fairly well during the festive period. Thought Cesc and Samir were a class above everyone else today, completely tore those thugs apart time and time again. Also Koscielny and Djourou did alright despite poor opposition, you can only beat what's put in front of you.

Gunner_JT

We battered them! It was like a training exercise at times to be honest but to see it against them made it all the more sweeter.

Players are now ****-scared of Nasri what a player and combination him and Cesc were last night.

Anzac

Established Member
8 for Nasri & Cesc;
6 for RVP (5 1st half, 7 2nd);
7 for everyone else.

Solid performances across the team & IMO Jack no less effective than Song, just that Song's performance was more noticeable because of his struggles with the role/patterns/decision making to date. Jack's performance is worthy of keeping the likes of D&D confined to the bench, and should Ramsey recover form & Lansbury continue to improve, then I see no reason to retain either of the former duo.

Agreed with the comments re Cesc & Nasri as a combo, and also re BHam being thugs (could/should have been 2 players down). Nasri MOTM & RVP needs to find his scoring boots asap.

Also thought that we should have used our subs earlier once we'd scored the 2nd so as to avoid injuries & keep players as fresh as possible for ****ty on Wednesday. Also thought Nik should have come on for RVP once we'd scored the 3rd as he needs Match Fitness.

Segway

Fabianski 7.5 - Much better command of his area

Sagna 8
Djourou 7.5
Koscielny 7.5
Clichy 7.5

Song 7
Wilshere 5 - His passing was off today I think.
Cesc 8 - MotM, that combo with Nasri is Xavi-Iniesta like.

Nasri 8
Walcott 6
RvP 4 - So wasteful

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Played a great game last night, if we can keep that eleven fit then I think we have a great chance. Stick TV in there for Kos and I think we'll be even stronger. Hitting form at the right time, I hope the injury gods are going to be kind to us.

Although wasteful I think van persie adds more to our offensive game than chamackattack or bendtner. He has much quicker feet and suits our passing game much better

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Moment of the match: Birmingham are three goals down and McLeish subs on Alexander Hleb in an attempt to score.
:lol: :lol:

I gave Nasri man of the match - thought he was great. Cesc was classy as well. Very good performance from the team in general.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7.5
Djourou 7.5
Koscielny7
Clichy 7
Song 7
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 8
Nasri 8
Walcott 6