• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Braga

Player of the Match?

• Fabregas

Votes: 79 94.0%
  • Chamakh

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Arshavin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Wilshere

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

qs

Established Member
nazo said:
Looks like Nasri was ok on his first game back. Was he playing right wing all game?

Finished the game on the left.

At one point in the first half Shava was right, Chamakh left and Nasri at centre forward. :lol:

Timleaf

Established Member
As long as Nasri is not required to be our main play maker or be a consistant scorer of goals he looks class. His style fits our game perfectly and he's got an incredible engine. Long term we're gonna need some more end product from the lad, though. Either that or play him in a deeper midfield role.

otfgoon

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Nasri was exceptional for the first 30 minutes, but lost his influence as the game wore on.

Not surprised he ran out of steam, he was running aroud like a mad man in the first 30 :lol:

lagos

Established Member
Pepe LeFrits said:
Lighten up lagos! Has anyone ever seen a team lose 6 nil and thought 'well, they played well, the other team was just too good'?

We played some superb stuff and Braga (who eliminated Sevilla) couldn't deal with us. The pace of the passing at times was as good as I've seen from an Arsenal team.

We did play well but the fact is Bragga either did not turn up or they gave up quite early. It's really hard to celebrate a victory in a fight where the opponent isn't making any attempt whatsoever to fight you. If you have the freedomn of the pitch in the way we had today, 6-0 really is nothing, Bragga were so ****e we could have scored a goal every 2 minutes if we were clinical. The boy's played well but after a while I lost interest as a competitive game or a spectatcle. I'd have felt happier with 2-0 if only Bragga made an attempt.

otfgoon said:
If you couldn't enjoy that, I really do feel sorry for you.
no one asked for your sympathies nor are they required.

bigtimetopbanana

All of the other ratings I think are easy pickings... but I'd disagree on the following two:

Squillaci 9. Sevilla definately missed him and he let nothing past him tonight. I think he'll end up being Verm's first choice partner.
Koscielny 6. It was his first Champs League game, but he was playing an average team, and he let Matheus spin behind him way too many times. I reckon Kos will become a good player in time, but he's inconsistent at the moment. Liverpool he was great but naive. Blackburn he was pulled all over the place. Bolton again, great and then rubbish.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Timleaf said:
As long as Nasri is not required to be our main play maker or be a consistant scorer of goals he looks class. His style fits our game perfectly and he's got an incredible engine. Long term we're gonna need some more end product from the lad, though. Either that or play him in a deeper midfield role.

I was wondering where he'll fit into our team. He's a great talent, but there's no obvious role for him. He's never going to be better than Cesc as a CAM, and it's very unlikely that he'll ever be a better forward than Walcott. So where the hell will he make his mark? I can only think that his success here revolves around Cesc's potential departure, as that's the only avenue I can see at the moment.

Lazaq

Almunia 7 - Fine, nothing to do really...

Sagna 7 - Kept his flank fairly quiet and out in a decent cross or two.
Squillaci 7 - Looked composed, but who wouldn't in a game like this?
Koscielny 7 - Fine I guess, but makes me nervous...
Clichy 7 - Some brilliant offensive runs, but sloppy at the back.

Song 7 - Awful passing in the first, better in the second.
Cesc 10 - Anything but a 10 for two goals and three assists is a joke, irregardles of opposition.
Wilshere 8 - Great first half, tired a little in the second.

Nasri 7,5 - Brilliant start, but faded quickly. Great to have him back though!
Arshavin 8 - Flawed, but a true wizard in the final third.
Chamakh 9 - His best game for us, works hard and has a great touch for a big bloke.

Vela 8 - Brilliant in the box, hope we get to ser more of him!
Denilson 7 - Tidy.
Eboue 6,5 - Fine.

outlaw_member

Established Member
otfgoon said:
outlaw_member said:
Nasri was exceptional for the first 30 minutes, but lost his influence as the game wore on.

Not surprised he ran out of steam, he was running aroud like a mad man in the first 30 :lol:

Speaking of tiring out, am I the only one who thinks that sometimes our players need to take it abit easy. It's quite scary that even at 4 or 5 goals up, our best players are giving their absolute all and are maintaining a high intensity. Obviously, it shows great commitment, but at those type of scorelines, we might be better served to just rest on the ball.

qs

Established Member
Ahh they were strolling for most of that game Outlaw. Last 10 of the first half and then most of the second until Denilon and Vela injected a bit of effort. It was only in bursts that we did anything. It was just that easy.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I was especially thinking more in regards to Cesc. He needs to chill out, as he was still playing at 100% so he could get his hattrick. Great determination, but abit scary.

arsmile

Established Member
back from the pub and-

my assessment- basically that was pretty special, cesc arsh jack cham and vela particularly stole the show- but all round- that is how to destroy teams. delighted- it was easy as hell, but we need to learn to put these teams out of their misery like this.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like how the team this season keeps on trying to punish teams. Last season we would slow down when we thought we had won the game and then we would drop points. Playing at a high level for 90 minutes in every game is what we should expect. Also we did use all of our subs in this match, so we did try to rest some players. This is a better way to get a rest besides lowering our intensity.

As for the match, it was frankly great to watch. The team played great, but I still think we can get better. The defense will get better the more they play together. Song is still not at the level he had last season, and Jack is just starting. Cesc is unbelievable. Nasri is just coming back from injury, and Chamakh has only played five games for us.

The team played beautifully tonight, but we can still improve.

Kain

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
otfgoon said:
outlaw_member said:

Speaking of tiring out, am I the only one who thinks that sometimes our players need to take it abit easy. It's quite scary that even at 4 or 5 goals up, our best players are giving their absolute all and are maintaining a high intensity. Obviously, it shows great commitment, but at those type of scorelines, we might be better served to just rest on the ball.

Not according to Cesc in the post game interview he was quite dissapointed we didn't maintain a high enough level of intensity during the match, I believe he even mentioned that those lapses would of seen us punished against stronger opposition.

I prefer players to be hungry for more though it's always debatable i.e. your head is telling yourself to pace it, the seasons long and grueling, but your hearts saying... I want another ****ing goal, give me the damn ball so i can get my hatrick!!! :p

flobaba

We were in bully mood today. Of course, as lagos said it did seem like quite a mismatch all night long, but hey, you can only play what's in front of you, and the more of these kind of games our team gets, the more confident they will be, and the more wary of us other teams will become, aka we regain our fear factor.

On the other hand, I hope the lads are professional enough to realize that we need to maintain these levels of play/commitment, and also not to expect many teams (especially in the EPL) to bend over at the behest of our Cescy football and captain.

On to the next one.

mistaT

Established Member
It's all been said by now but to be honest I was more impressed with Jack than Cesc simply because this was a new level for him.

We've seen games like this from Cesc before but for Wilshere to transition his game, and a very well rounded one at that, to a CL setting is exceptional. Say what you want about the oppossition or us being at home....twas a great game by Jack.

Hoya

Won't hold back here...

Almunia- 7.5- Dealt with everything, had one weird moment/clearance but he didn't have much to do.

Clichy- 8- Sure, there was the error, but he had a billion interceptions, clearances, and just plain swiped the ball away a bunch of times. Hopefully he can replicate this in the premiership now.

Squid- 7- Nothing to do, but dealt with what little was offered by the pathetic opposition.

Kos- 7.5- Got involved a bit more, moved up a little since the other team gave up after 40 minutes.

Sagna- 7- Solid enough.

Song- 6- Fine, but passing needs work to get to the otherworldly level of some of his teammates.

Wilshere- 9- Awesome, great attacking play, awesome possession and passing. Again, hope he does this in the premiership

Cesc- 10- What more can you ask? Just pummeled Braga again and again, killer passing all over the pitch.

Nasri- 7- worked hard but completely overshadowed. Needs to match the unselfish nature of the others as well more often, but he was fine.

Chamakh- 9- Man I love how this guy works. Involved in today's potent attack, he's been improving I hope he keeps it up, he makes our attack SCARY.

Arshavin- 9- Nothing like a nice CL game to get Andrei going. You can't stop him when he's confident and in the game.

Subs

Vela- 8.5- Great finishing, I love him coming in as another attacker late in games. I'm glad Wenger is going to him with our injuries.

Denilson- 7- Not quite the display he gave against Bolton, but he's working way harder, winning balls and his possession is even better- he hasn't been misplacing as many passes in these admittedly short spells of play.

Eboue- 5- Breaks down attacks with his awful short passing. He can't hit players 5 yards away. He's better than this.

Top Bottom