• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Ipswich

Man of the match:

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Johan Djourou

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Nicklas Bendtner

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters

Raider

Established Member
Hmmm, I'm still unsure. They are did really well, although nobody stood out for me. They were just all real good.

I couldn't pick a man of the match.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Szczesny 6

Eboue 6
Koscielny 7
Djourou 7
Clichy 6

Denilson 6
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7

Bendtner 7
Van Persie 6
Arshavin 6

Not really sure who to give MOTM, went with Bendtner in the end because it was his brilliant goal that turned the tie. He has looked very dangerous this season cutting in from the left, perhaps we've found our successor to TH14 at last :wink:

sagreig

I thought Jack was the best player by some distance. He was truly magnificent today. You could tell how much he wanted to play in a Wembley final.

Raider

Established Member
Szczesny 6

Eboue 6
Koscielny 7
Djourou 7
Clichy 6

Denilson 7
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7

Bendtner 7
Van Persie 6
Arshavin 7

cloista

Gave it to Jack too. He was fantastic tonight. Nik did well overall and it was a great goal from him, a great turn and finish coming from a superb crossfield pass by Jack.

Shue

Established Member
Wilshere MoM for me. Nobody played badly. Denilson was decent, Arshavin played better than he has in a while, Koscielny continues to improve, Bendtner scored a peach. Lots of 7's and a couple of 8's.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Szczesny - 6

Eboue - 6
Djourou - 6
Koscielny - 8
Clichy - 6

Denilson - 6
Wilshere - 8
Fabregas - 8

Bendtner - 8
van Persie - 6
Arshavin - 7 (5 for his performance, +2 for the assists)

Jbruin

Established Member
Jack was definitely my MOTM, excellent tonight, drove play forward time and time again, great display from someone who's only been playing this position about a year AND he's only 18, outstanding.

yuvken

Established Member
Funny after the recent discussion about rating scales, I totally agree with above posters that everyone actually is between 5-7, or even 6-7. Like Raider, I felt I can't really pick a MOTM, though you can't say nobody played well. Cesc, Kos and Bendtner, with that goal getting him more points than a usual goal would, probably best. But Kos' goal too. so maybe him after all.
Anyone care to explain what went through the ref's mind, and if it is at all possible to explain the intervention? and if there's anything on Bacchus?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Watching Jack play is simply a joy to behold. His technical ability was never in doubt but he's shown great passion and never once throughout the season has his work rate dropped. He's Arsenal through and through in every single way.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Jack MOTM, tough call but he was great and his assist was world class.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sczcesny 6/10

Eboue 5/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 7/10
Clichy 6/10

Denilson 5/10
Wilshere 7/10
Fabregas 7/10

Arshavin 4/10
van Persie 6/10
Bendtner 6.5/10

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not my favourite player by a long chalk, but I've gone for Bendtner, for his industry and for breaking the deadlock, which threatened never to happen. Jack was also magnificent. DJ instills more belief that he could be the real deal (he's only 21 ffs!). RvP was poor.

Jasard

The Jury said:
Not my favourite player by a long chalk, but I've gone for Bendtner, for his industry and for breaking the deadlock, which threatened never to happen. Jack was also magnificent. DJ instills more belief that he could be the real deal (he's only 21 ffs!). RvP was poor.

Why is he known as DJ by the way?

Shue

Established Member
Jbruin said:
Jack was definitely my MOTM, excellent tonight, drove play forward time and time again, great display from someone who's only been playing this position about a year AND he's only 18, outstanding.
Turned 19 on NYD

cloista

JD are his initials, and the first 2 letters of his surname are DJ, and which is more likely to catch on, let's be honest.

Jasard

Klaus Daimler said:
Wait, who is DJ? I thought he was talking about Djourou?

He is, everyone calls him DJ. Shouldn't it be JD or am I being silly? :p

Latest posts

Top Bottom