• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Ipswich

Man of the match:

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Johan Djourou

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Nicklas Bendtner

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters

The Escaped Ape

I've only seen the highlights, so won't vote or rate, but was amused/bemused to see that Arshavin got another couple of assists and, based on everyone's comments/ratings played so badly. He is a conundrum, that little Russian.

yuvken

Established Member
He is not in form, but as an old cliche goes - form is temporary, class is permanent. You could see that clearly with the last goal: he may not be comfortable with any part of his game right now, but the absolute feeling for how to control the game, the wisdom of the move - simply superb. Not that much of a conundrum, and surely - though he can make my blood boil too at times - a great asset for us. Stats are not everything, but they don't lie either.

The Escaped Ape

You're right, the stats don't lie, but if he were to even to hit reasonable form in terms of his overall passing, energy levels etc, it'd be fantastic. At his best might be too much to ask, but upping his game just a peg or two would give us so much more strength across competitions. We don't even need him to be sparkling, just not quite as dull.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
rich 1990 said:
Chesney 5 Needs to work on his kicking and came out for a cross he was never going to get.

Sagna N/A
DJ 7.5
Kos 8 MOTM, Very assured at the back.
Clichy 7

Wilshere 7.5
Fabregas 7
Denilson 4 He gets such a high mark(for him) as his performance improved in the second half. First half, he was a pile of poo.

Arshavin 7 Still not at his best but he's getting there.
Bendtner 7.5 He done well
RVP 6 Not at his best

Eboue 6
Nasri N/A
Walcot N/A.
Quite right for me.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I've seen Wilshere's pass to Bendtner's goal twenty or so times today and it just gets more and more brilliant. Cesc would have been proud of that assist.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again Jack is the biggest difference to this team this year. He brings so much to the midfield that can be easily overlooked due to his lack of goals. After several seasons of D & D I think we have finally replaced Flamini.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I've seen Wilshere's pass to Bendtner's goal twenty or so times today and it just gets more and more brilliant. Cesc would have been proud of that assist.

Someone like Scholes would have been proud of that. It was a classic diagonal switch to get the wide player one-on-one with the fullback, a type of pass that Scholes is a master of. Cesc doesn't really make those type of passes, as his creative passing tends to be more vertically angled. Wilshere's pass for Cesc which created a guilt-edged chance for the latter was a typical Cesc-like pass, which I personally thought was even better than his assist for Bendtner.

fabo

6.51 / 10
More surprising was the ease with which Bendtner brought it out of the sky. That was Henry-esque.

Y va marquer

Established Member
The way Bendtner took that goal was the single most surprising thing in the whole game.
As I was watching I was waiting for him to mess it up (horrible, I know), but then he headed toward goal, there was even a back heel from his left to right in the move.
I was seriously impressed.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The little flick to get inside was Ronaldo-esque.....:razz:

Bendtner has some good qualities but he's not a player I'd expect to score such a goal. It was outstanding.

ricky1985

Established Member
Jack's pass for Cesc in the first half was stunning. He was a monster last night, he would have run through a brick wall to get us to the final.

Cesc hit one long diagonal pass out to Arshavin in the first half that was almost too good to believe when you're virtually pitch side, as I was. For a second I was almost in total disbelief because I thought it was Denilson who had played it. :lol:

Bendtner's goal was just exquisite. If that's what he's capable of then we need to see it more often.

There is light

I missed the moment. Jack passed to bendy and bendy was galloping towards the box, then he does that back heel and the stream broke down, next thing he was celebrating on the sidelines. One of two or maximum three times the stream broke down the whole match!

But that moment turned the match in our favour, and that something special coming from an unlikely source just shows how there are so many better things to come from this team.

Yaya

Established Member
szczesny-6
eboue-5.5
djourou-7
kos-7
clichy-6
denilson-6
wilshere-7.5
Cesc-6.5
arshavin-4
van Persie-6
bendtner-7(+1 for the goal)

yuvken

Established Member
Actually These are the goals Bendtner likes, his first touch is always a bit better when he gets to play regularly, he has a good shot when he can run and prepare for it, and that side he got it yesterday is not unknown to him

yuvken

Established Member
Yes, in controlling the pass it is certainly more this one, but some people were surprised
he managed to score while to me, after he managed to control the ball with a good first touch, it wasn't surprising at all.

mo50

Established Member
It was a cracking goal, and he's scored a few like that cutting in from the left. He's also a very good crosser of the ball.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Thought Bendy's goal (the goal itself and his move in the box before) looked like Bobby's against Spuds in 2000 at Highbury.
I think it was the 1-0.

Kain

Established Member
Bendtners got a few nice goals now, he scored this against Portugal for Denmark in 2009 for the World Cup qualifiers.

Top Bottom