• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Leeds

Man of the Match

• Fabregas

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Walcott

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Djourou

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • **** off

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters

Bossa

Established Member
Arsenal v Leeds match ratings and post match discussion

Still fuming

Szsezsny 6
Eboue 1
Squillaci 3
Djourou 8
Gibbs 6
Song 6
Denilson 1
Rosicky 1
Arshavin 4
Bendtner 1
Chamakh 1

Fabregas 7
Walcott 7

dreamLord

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v Leeds match ratings and post match discussion

Djourou MOTM, Rosicky, Gibbs, Szcz - good.

Arshavin Eboue Bendtner Chamakh Denilson :lol: clowns.

Kain

Established Member
Re: Ratings and post-match discussion vs United

We're the second most succesfull team in the history of this competition winning it 10 times, only Man United's 11 is a higher tally, yet we now treat it like a joke with the depths of our squad.

Mango is the only payer who can really walk off the pitch giving a respectable 90 minuets of effort, most of the others should hang their heads in shame, two of the MOTM contenders are substitutes.

yuvken

Established Member
Re: Ratings and post-match discussion vs United

Embarrassing, nothing else to say. DJ, Chez (and AA in the first half...sometimes) only decent things about our team.
There are ways to defend Denilson, I'm sure, but to me it is beyond reason from this point on. I had enough, he just makes me angry no matter what (even if the keeper didn't keep that ball out, which would mean the winning goal, I'd have said the same).
Chamakh?
With Bendtner it's game time (but he was annoying).

I was really hating our team today. this is not a statement I can make often, even if we lose to s*** teams (in fact, I can't remember the last time I felt like that).

Oh and squillaci. I don't like this guy at all.

Freagle

Poll should be on who was the worst in the game really. With that said, I vote Djourou. Monster in defense and looks very calm and composed now. Did everything asked to do and more really. He tried to cover for Squid on a couple of occasions as well.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Only Fabregas and Djourou deserve credit for that.

Szczesny........5.....poor distribution. Seems to keep giving it to players who have a marker close by. Weak wrist on the pen.

Eboue.....5.....poor player.
Djourou........7.5.....strong throughout
Squillaci...........5......Silvestre Mk 2.
Gibbs..........5.5......didnt do much right today.

Denilson........5
Rosicky........5
Song........5
Cesc............7

Chamakh..........5......burned out
Bendtner..........4
Arshavin............5

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Szczesny 7

Eboue 3
Squillaci 5
Djourou 8
Gibbs 6

Denilson 4
Song 5
Rosicky 3

Bendtner 3
Chamakh 3
Arshavin 3

Walcott 7
Fabregas 7

Sanchez Watt 6

--

If we're going to play Denilson we should play him further forward. No defending, no physical strength required, just pass the ball around & have the occasional shot. I feel very sorry for Arshavin as he's clearly trying but his confidence looks shot. Don't know what else to say except our fans were crap and some of this lot need to have a long hard look at themselves because that was quite frankly embarassing. They only started playing after 80 minutes which just isn't good enough. Enjoy your ****ing replay on a cold winter night up north.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
C/P from the other thread

Szczesny 7

Eboue 3
Squillaci 5
Djourou 8
Gibbs 6

Denilson 4
Song 5
Rosicky 3

Bendtner 3
Chamakh 3
Arshavin 3

Walcott 7
Fabregas 7

Sanchez Watt 6

--

If we're going to play Denilson we should play him further forward. No defending, no physical strength required, just pass the ball around & have the occasional shot. I feel very sorry for Arshavin as he's clearly trying but his confidence looks shot. Don't know what else to say except our fans were crap and some of this lot need to have a long hard look at themselves because that was quite frankly embarassing. They only started playing after 80 minutes which just isn't good enough. Enjoy your ******* replay on a cold winter night up north.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Ches 6 One quality save, a bit unlucky with the pen. Kicking occassionally dodgy

Eboue 6 Reasonable
Squid 5 Shakey
Djourou 7 MOTM
Gibbs 5 Not much to do, put in a couple of poor crosses

Song 5 Gave the ball away far too often
Denilson 0 **** off
Rosicky 5 Ineffective

Bendtner 3 Terrible
Arshavin 4 Occassionally did something good but was generally awful
Chamakh 3 Non existant

Fabregas 7
Walcott 7 Earned us the replay
Vela N/A

Feet

Awful performances from Squillaci and Denilson.

Very poor from Eboue and Asharvin..

Gibbs, Chamackh and Bendtner I thought were very average overall.

Rosicky and Song did nothing wrong per sé, but not enough they specifically did "right" either.

Djourou was a monster, utter class. If he stays fit for the rest of the season then we'll be in good shape. Chezzer was a rock, making some good saves, not sure about the shimmy for the peno though.

Walcott and Fabregas were excellent from the bench as is to be expected, I'm fairly sure Vela din't get a touch at all for the ten minutes he was on apart from winning 2 free kicks.

So yeah, now we have an extra game to play. Brilliant. :(

outlaw_member

Established Member
Nela said:
What would we do without Djourou?

Scarey.

Thank **** Koscielny was rested.

Szczesny 6/10

Eboue 6/10
Squillaci 5.5/10
Djourou 7.5/10
Gibbs 6/10

Denilson 6/10
Rosicky 4.5/10
Song 5.5/10

Chamakh 5/10
Arshavin 5/10
Bendtner 4.5/10

MAK 14

Established Member
Meh, we'll beat them at Elland road and get into the next stage of the cup. The only annoying thing is having another game in our already packed schedule.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Arsène Wenger - 1

This is all that matters. Had he made the correct substitutions and sub out Denilson and Arshavin we would have won today.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Eboue.....6.....fast & willing. Tried to do half of Bendtner's job.
Djourou........9.....wall.
Squillaci...........5 slotted into defense alright but had a few dodgy moments in the first half. His pressing is chaotic, irrational.
Gibbs..........5.5......very timid

Denilson........5 Thought he was OK except for penalty of course. It happens. (still needs to go)
Rosicky........4 One ore two incisive moments but couldn't create after that or lead the offense.
Song........7 2 really awful passes but I thought he showed great effort.
Cesc............7 Calm & composed to show great awareness, well positioned and wonderful skills.

Chamakh..........2 Nothing. Not a single shot bar 2 headers.
Bendtner..........2 Awful effort and awful output.
Arshavin............4 Good 1st half. Pretty bad 2nd half, should be on the move when he's receiving those passes.
Walcott.... 6 Involved in everything good but its annoying to see him scuff so many shots. Most of his good goals don't require power but sometimes he tries to hit it too hard and he's better than that.

Vela N/A
Watt- Quite impressive mixture of pace and dribbling.

Bossa

Established Member

How about a merge?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom