• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs ManC

Man of the Match

• Bacary Sagna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 36 40.0%
  • Alexandre Song

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 47 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Feanor

Established Member
Arshavin is in rough patch of form right now, it would be silly to write the player off completely at this point...even it is way too similar to Bobby Pires' form the last year or so in an Arsenal uniform. Let's hope it is a patch and not the beginning of the end but he has been atrocious recently.

Kain

Established Member
Just think some of you are bored, nothing to complain about over the Man City result so you have to pick on the fourth choice defender who was part of our first clean sheet away in the league for 15 years, and our second most productive player in the team (goals & assists). I'm actually not even sure he's second he might even be first or third, it's very close between Arshavin, Nasri & Chamakh all three have produced in Fabregas absence which in my mind says a lot and is quite vital. One of the major qualities of Arsenal this season is it's not reliant on a single player to produce the goods like Cesc of last season. Arshavin's part of that just as Nasri, Chamakh, Wilshere & Theo have been.

We're only four goals behind media darlings Chelsea in the goals scored department, a team that flat track bullied their way through the start of the season to a huge Goal Difference. If this is Arshavin playing bad then he can carry on playing like ****, do it all season mate, go ahead.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Kain said:
Just think some of you are bored, nothing to complain about over the Man City result so you have to pick on the fourth choice defender who was part of our first clean sheet away in the league for 15 years, and our second most productive player in the team (goals & assists). [.....]

:?:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
No doubt.

But I checked for fun (my memory ain't that good!). A. Hole gave us a 1-0 win away to City on Sept. 24 2004.

Still, this is our first clean in 8 games (inclusively) in the league (home and away) and first in 12 or 13 away games spanning some 10 months.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yeah, first clean sheet away since the 0-0 at Villa Park in January.

Rorz said:
He's just exaggerating I think. :p
:lol:

Still don't know where those 15 years in Kain's post are coming from, but I'll do some research.....
Maybe something happended on Sunday, which happened in 1995 for the last time (pity that I was only six when that probably took stage)?

Kain

Established Member
Rorz said:
He's just exaggerating I think. :p

Aye, note to self never use sarcasm in a rating thread again.

AnthonyG said:
and first in 12 or 13 away games spanning some 10 months.

Exactly, even the pundits mentioned that after the game.

It was a great achievement considering our recent history in Away fixtures in the league. We we're missing our main defenders Vermaelen & Koscielny. We had our backup centre backs against Tevez the most inform striker in the league.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
We still force the play too much. At 1-0 we should have been more content to keep the ball and drag City out. We looked like a team needing a goal at times when we needed to relax and just dominate possession. We only did this after Song's goal.

Its this lack of patience that is a major reason why we have come undone v the better teams in the league in my opinion. There are times where we just transition the ball forward way too early when attacking players are isolated and marked. We really need to keep the ball and our shape better against teams who can hurt us if we give away the ball cheaply.

russkiegooner

Captain said:
:lol:

Fabregas is miles better than Arshavin in every conceivable way that a player can be.

Based on current form, without a question. If you take Arshavin at his best, the comparison is much less laughable than you suggest. Being on Ballon d'or list two years in a row is - whatever you think of the award, the pundits and the method - still a sign of top quality.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Agreed, Armor, it's been a long prevailing problem.

Cesc is also better than Arshavin in every offensive area, over the last season, atleast. Let's not forget that he's outscored and outassisted the latter, even if they aren't conclusive facts.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Cesc is better than any other player in the league in the offensive area judging by his stats over the last year so that's not really a slight.

Captain

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
Of course Cesc is not better than Arshavin in every conceivable way, which was Captain´s original stand.

What is Arshavin better at?

(and please don't say that he is faster)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Captain said:
Klaus, I just had a call from Fat Frank and he says you're lying. :lol:
I was considering him for a moment but I think Cesc's stats are better. He's played less games too so the sample size isn't entirely fair, but still. He's got almost two goals or assists per game this season and he must have averaged at least one GOA per game at the time he got injured in that Barca game.

It's moot anyway. I agree that there's nothing that Cesc isn't better than Arshavin at, but that's like saying there's nothing that Messi isn't better at than van Persie. It doesn't mean much in itself. They're not even particularly similar players.

Top Bottom