• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Newcastle

Man of the Match was...

• Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Wojciech Szczesny

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Nicklas Bendtner

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bossa

Established Member
Chesney 9

Gibbs 6
Djourou 6
Koscielny 9 MotM
Eboué 7

Eastmond 6
Denilson 6
Rosicky 6

Vela 5
Walcott 8
Bendtner 8

Sagna 7
Fabregas 7
JET 6

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Don't want to go too deep into it, so I'll make it short:

Theo, Sneezy, Bendy and Kos haven been great.
Rozza and Sagna have been solid, DJ was shaky in the first half but better in the second, Eboue was clueless whenever he was upfront, Denilson and Eastmond did nothing spectacular.
Not so pleased with Vela.

Fabs and JET came on too late.

Man of the match:
Tough decision, but I'll go for Kos.

MAK 14

Established Member
Koscielny was a monster tonight, incredibly dominate. His distribution from the back is top class. I honestly believe he has the potential to become one of the best defenders in Europe.

Theo and Chesney were top class too. Walcott seems to have picked up right where he left off before his injury, and Chesney's dominance of his box was amazing. You'd think he's 30 years old.

Only negative tonight was Gibbs' injury. Desperately hope it isn't serious.

cloista

Szceszney - 8
Gibbs - 6
Djourou - 5
Kos - 9
Eboue - 6
Eastmond - 6
Denilson - 6
Rosicky - 7
Vela - 4
Walcott - 9
Bendtner - 9 MoM
Sagna - 7
Fabregas - 7
JET - 6

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
I pick Chesney for MoTM

Some fine saves to deny Newcastle's comeback...

fabo

6.51 / 10
Didn't feel like a 4-0, thought we were average for long spells bar a few players.

Szczesny.......8

Sagna........6
Djourou.......5
Koscielny........8.5....MOTM
Eboue........6
Gibbs.......N/A....needs to build up, far too weak.

Denilson.......6
Eastmond.......5.5
Rosicky..........6.5
Fabregas........6

Vela........5.....sell!
Bendtner........7.....not great but scored
Theo..........8.......not great but scored two.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 6/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 7/10
Eboue 6.5/10

Denilson 5/10
Eastmond 5/10
Rosicky 6/10

Walcott 8/10
Bendtner 6.5/10
Vela 5/10

Bossa

Established Member
We should give Chesneu a new 4-year contract and promote him to second choice, ASAP!!!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Szczesny: 8 - How awesome was that block on Smith's shot in the first half?

Sagna: 7 - Flawless as usual, apart from the situation towards the end. Most reliable player we've got.
Djourou: 6 - Started very, very poorly again but had a good second half.
Koscielny: 9 - Giant. His block on Ranger's shot when the latter had an open goal was the defining moment of the game for me. His ability to intercept the ball is just amazing. Great reading of the game. MOTM.
Eboue: 6 - Good movement, but he lacked the sharpness.

Eastmond: 6 - Solid performance. He's clearly an intelligent and observant lad. Looked knackered towards the end though. Still need to work on his fitness.
Denilson: 6 - Good, quiet game again. Turning into an asset in central midfield. Minus points for looking like Glen Johnson's uglier twin though.
Rosicky: 6.5 - Too sloppy. I know that he can do better and expected more. His distribution was very good as usual, though.

Walcott: 9 - Dangerous whenever he got the ball. Beautiful finish on both goals too.
Bendtner: 7 - A bit sloppy for much of the game but you could tell that he got into it towards the end. Great to have him back.
Vela: 6 - Gets too much criticism at the moment. He's not in the best form but you can't fault his workrate or willingness to make the neccessary runs.

Gibbs: N/A
Cesc: N/A
JET: N/A

MAK 14

Established Member
One of the things I love about Chesney is that he isn't afraid to shout out instructions; I've noticed that Almunia and even Fabianski at times seem a little reluctant to talk to the defence. Chesney was shouting at them the whole night - I think I even saw him shout at Cesc at one point.

cloista

Gibbs gets a sympathy +1 cos of the injury :p Djourou was alright in the air but a trainwreck on the ground.

Kain

Established Member
So glad Theo's returned with his blistering form, especially after we got that first goal he shone, made it look easy. Cannot wait for the Hammers game now with this run of form and Theo back.

cloista

Herb, I thought Gibbsy deserved a sympathy +1 for the injury, and Djourou was awful on the deck today, but pretty good in the air, so a 5 was about right I thought. Kos was the stand out defender today by a country mile.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 6/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 7/10
Eboue 6.5/10

Denilson 5/10
Eastmond 5/10
Rosicky 6/10

Walcott 8/10
Bendtner 6.5/10
Vela 5/10
Change Szczesny to 8, Djourou to 5, Koscielny to 7.5 and I'd be in complete agreement with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom