• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Newcastle

Man of the Match was...

• Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Wojciech Szczesny

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Nicklas Bendtner

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anzac

Established Member
Whilst it was pleasing to see the performances from Theo & Nik, we basically knew they were capable of this from past performances.

For me the stand outs came from Snes & Kos - the former due to his age, and the latter because of being a relatively unknown quantity.

yuvken

Established Member
Anzac said:
For me the stand outs came from Snes & Kos - the former due to his age, and the latter because of being a relatively unknown quantity.
Et tu, Anzac?
we really do need to give him that, but I'm not bought. Snes?
(at first I liked Shesh, I now like Shez, or Chez. But Snes? How is his name really pronounced, anyway? maybe I'll get used to it :| )

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
albakos said:
I couldn't watch the game but I was very pleased with the scoreline and Walcott brace. From arse.com pictures, they both looked like quick goals in Thierry style :)

Anyone knows when the draw for next round takes place?
I hope we get a home game against a lesser side. It's about time we get a favour in CC draw.
Ipswich, Wigan or West Ham at Emirates please..

Hopefully not an away match to ManU.

On the other side, hopefully ManU get an away match against Villa or Brum, to get knocked out.If Arsène keeps pushing with strong team in CC, then I believe only ManU could have a slight chance to knock us out.

Saturday lunchtime, I believe.....Ipswich @ home anyone?

Kain

Established Member
Anzac said:
Whilst it was pleasing to see the performances from Theo & Nik, we basically knew they were capable of this from past performances.

Theo's often had his great form ended by injury and struggled to return at the same level his confidence takes a hit after such injuries. I’ve always seen such as a major issue with Theo.

Last night’s performance blew that out of the water, he looked as good if not better than ever, it could be a huge jump in what to expect from Theo in the future. I wouldn’t overlook it anyway.

Anzac

Established Member
Kain said:
Anzac said:

Theo's often had his great form ended by injury and struggled to return at the same level his confidence takes a hit after such injuries. I’ve always seen such as a major issue with Theo.

Last night’s performance blew that out of the water, he looked as good if not better than ever, it could be a huge jump in what to expect from Theo in the future. I wouldn’t overlook it anyway.

Not to be overlooked & significant in it's own right, but not for me of the same importance as the afore mentioned players.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Kain said:
Anzac said:

Theo's performances this year have been a marked step up from previous seasons. He really looks the part this year. Lets hope his injury curse is finally overcome!!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
redanddread said:
albakos said:
I couldn't watch the game but I was very pleased with the scoreline and Walcott brace. From arse.com pictures, they both looked like quick goals in Thierry style :)

Anyone knows when the draw for next round takes place?
I hope we get a home game against a lesser side. It's about time we get a favour in CC draw.
Ipswich, Wigan or West Ham at Emirates please..

Hopefully not an away match to ManU.

On the other side, hopefully ManU get an away match against Villa or Brum, to get knocked out.If Arsène keeps pushing with strong team in CC, then I believe only ManU could have a slight chance to knock us out.

Saturday lunchtime, I believe.....Ipswich @ home anyone?

Why not.. :)

At home we would properly demolish these ****s: Keane, Bellamy and Boythroyd.

But with the luck we had on CC draws over the last few years, we will probably get Manure, Villa or Brum away.

DK Gooner

I would prefer Wigan at home. Personally I want revenge for the farce of a league match last season.

Anzac

Established Member
yuvken said:
Anzac said:
Et tu, Anzac?
(at first I liked Shesh, I now like Shez, or Chez. But Snes? How is his name really pronounced, anyway? maybe I'll get used to it :| )

Do we go back to Sneezy then?

MAK 14

Established Member
Would love an easier draw. Ipswich, Wigan or West Ham/West Brom at home would be good.

By the way albakos, Bothroyd and Bellamy play for Cardiff.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Anzac said:
yuvken said:
Anzac said:
Et tu, Anzac?

Do we go back to Sneezy then?
No, "Snes" is deadly. Super Nintento Szczesny!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
MAK 14 said:
Would love an easier draw. Ipswich, Wigan or West Ham/West Brom at home would be good.

*facepalm* :D

Thanks.

Anyway, let's hope we get an easier home draw, which could serve our team some breathing space. The match is played on Dec, between Villa (A) and Fulham (H).

Even if we get Manure, I hope we get them at home. I cannot stand if we go on to go out to them at Old Fartford.

mo50

Established Member
We should be beating any of those teams at the Emirates. It's about time we got a home draw, and preferably to Ipswich.

Hoya

Chesney- 8- Made a lot of good saves, some were spectacularly athletic. Good lad.

Eboue- 5.5- Didn't do much, no end product
Koscielny- 8.5- This guy is immense. Completely owned up Nile Ranger on several occasions, good distribution.
Djourou- 5 1st half, 6 2nd half- Certainly better here, but still shaky...
Sagna- 7- To quote every member on Arsenal Mania, "solid."

Eastmond- 6- Broke up their play well, good positioning I thought. Needs to work on his fitness and passing but he will get there.
Denilson- 6.5- Too may backward passes today, but again he was available all the time, seems a lot stronger these days, drew some fouls.
Rosicky- 6- Didn't really come off for him today, but nothing particularly wrong with his performance

Vela- 3- Yikes.
Walcott- 8- Pure assassin. Took both of his finishes cleanly, wish he got more involved otherwise but I can hardly complain
Nik- 7- Some bad touches but he did some good work today, great finish, made himself a lot of opportunities today as well.

Newcastle, to be honest, were awful.

fabo

6.51 / 10
You could see how we missed Wilshere last night, don't think Eastmond and Denilson complimented eachother well at all. It looked like both wanted the other to take the game by the scruff of the neck but neither did. It meant alot of laboured attacks and isolated frontmen.

Eastmond and Gibbs both need to bulk up btw.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
MAK 14 said:

You completely sure about that?

Yaya

Established Member
Szesceny-7.5
Sagna-6.5
djourou-5.5
kos-8
Eboue-6
Denilson-6
Eastmond-6
Rosicky-6
Walcott-8
Bendtner-6.5
Vela-4

Captain

Established Member
fabo said:
You could see how we missed Wilshere last night, don't think Eastmond and Denilson complimented eachother well at all. It looked like both wanted the other to take the game by the scruff of the neck but neither did. It meant alot of laboured attacks and isolated frontmen.

Eastmond and Gibbs both need to bulk up btw.

That was mostly Rosicky's fault from the central areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom