• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Partizan Belgrade

Man of the Match

• Jack Wilshere

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Andrey Arshavin

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Sebastien Squillaci

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fabianski, Wilshere, Shava and Denilson our best players tonight, Wilshere pips them all for MOTM for me.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Gibbs was very good too, penalty incident aside. He seems to get a lot close to his man than Clichy does one-on-one, and he's really snappy in the tackle and gives the opponent very little room. His going forward play is fantastic.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
well i didn't watch the first half wll

fabianski 8 first game i see him like that well done fab keep going

Squillaci 7 very good goal a strong defender

DJ 6 many mistakes

sagna 7 good as always

gibbs 7 very good game i hope he start vs chelsea

song 6 out his form he playing out his position he need stop going forword he must back to his orginal position A DM

wilshere 8 another good game from him he keep improving another star is making by wenger

denny 7 many nice passes i really angry with his useless handball give a pen for nothing but he is on form

rozza 7 good game go nice cross to chamakh

arsha 7 good game score a goal a nice pass to chamakh made a pen miss alot of chances but he is good hope he do this in chelsea game

chamakh 7 very good goal and very good game

subs

nasri 7

vela 6

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabianski - 8. Looked assured right from the off, and I loved his reaction to the penalty save. Hopefully some kind of turning point for him, but we'll see. MOTM

Sagna - 5. Unusually poor performance from him. "Ragged" is a good word to describe it.

Squillaci - 7. Started shakily, but that was in no small part down to the midfield not doing their job. Finished the game strongly and scored a good goal.

Djourou - 6. Similar to his centreback partner, but with a slightly less impressive second half.

Gibbs - 7. Played a very smart game tonight, except for one poor moment. Loved the way he celebrated with Fabianski on the penalty save, but loved his reaction to it being given even more - he almost got a full Redknapp twitch on - it means an awful lot to him and he knew he had just slightly soured an otherwise very impressive night.

Song - 4. Improved second half, but that was only because Wenger got Denilson to solve the problem they had been creating first half. He still offered very little offensively, and was virtually non-existent defensively. Sad to say, but he's being well and truly found out right now.

Denilson - 6. Passed it reasonably well throughout, but failed to grab the game by the scruff of the neck ala Wilshere or Fabregas, but then I'm not sure he has that in him. Failed as badly as Song at protecting the back 4 first half, but did a good job second half, after Wenger shoved him in the right direction.

Wilshere - 7. His skill for the goal was stupendous, better than that even. Played very well when he got the ball in the first half, faded a little second half, but didn't see much of the ball in dangerous areas.

Rosicky - 6. Neat and tidy, but offers little that a forward imo should in this formation. Although one great cross which created the 2nd goal.

Arshavin - 8. Electric first half, but faded badly after the penalty miss.

Chamakh - 7. Worked tirelessly as ever, struggled to really get properly into the game, but still won a penalty and scored a great goal.

Subs
No real impact.

hesham

Established Member
Fabianski-7 for the performance, 10 for the reaction to the pen save :lol:
Sagna-7 done well, one of the positives of the season is that he has impproved going forward
Djourou-6 Bit rusty but done well
Squillaci-7 Good, nice to see him get a goal
Gibbs-6 Good going forward, defensivly a bit to reactive
Song-6 Decent & good understanding with Denilson, gave the ball a way a bit to many times though. is getting way more stick than he deserves
Denilson-6 Kept play moving & positionally sound, to boring/safe for my liking with his passing though
Rosicky-5 not really his night or position
Wilshere-8 is growing with every game
Arshavin-8 Constant threat, getting back to his best
Chamakh-6 struggled to get involved

rajeev

ricky1985 said:
Fabianski - 8. Looked assured right from the off, and I loved his reaction to the penalty save. Hopefully some kind of turning point for him, but we'll see. MOTM

Sagna - 5. Unusually poor performance from him. "Ragged" is a good word to describe it.

Squillaci - 7. Started shakily, but that was in no small part down to the midfield not doing their job. Finished the game strongly and scored a good goal.

Djourou - 6. Similar to his centreback partner, but with a slightly less impressive second half.

Gibbs - 7. Played a very smart game tonight, except for one poor moment. Loved the way he celebrated with Fabianski on the penalty save, but loved his reaction to it being given even more - he almost got a full Redknapp twitch on - it means an awful lot to him and he knew he had just slightly soured an otherwise very impressive night.

Song - 4. Improved second half, but that was only because Wenger got Denilson to solve the problem they had been creating first half. He still offered very little offensively, and was virtually non-existent defensively. Sad to say, but he's being well and truly found out right now.

Denilson - 6. Passed it reasonably well throughout, but failed to grab the game by the scruff of the neck ala Wilshere or Fabregas, but then I'm not sure he has that in him. Failed as badly as Song at protecting the back 4 first half, but did a good job second half, after Wenger shoved him in the right direction.

Wilshere - 7. His skill for the goal was stupendous, better than that even. Played very well when he got the ball in the first half, faded a little second half, but didn't see much of the ball in dangerous areas.

Rosicky - 6. Neat and tidy, but offers little that a forward imo should in this formation. Although one great cross which created the 2nd goal.

Arshavin - 8. Electric first half, but faded badly after the penalty miss.

Chamakh - 7. Worked tirelessly as ever, struggled to really get properly into the game, but still won a penalty and scored a great goal.

Subs
No real impact.

Agree with this mostly. Except I'd give Song a 5. I dont think he was that bad defensively. He was bad going forward though. I think Wenger is trying to mold him into a box-to-box player rather than a pure DM.

Proof

Established Member
Fabianski 8

Sagna 6
Squillaci 6
Djourou 5
Gibbs 6

Song 5
Denilson 6
Rosicky 7

Arshavin 7
Chamakh 6
Wilshere 7

asajoseph

Established Member
The whole team started jittery in defence.

Song worked exceptionally hard getting behind the play, and pushed forward a lot more in the second half after they had a player sent off and we were chasing a goal, exactly what we should want him to do.

As for not giving much offensively, well, he started the move that lead to our first goal, and Chamakh's penalty decision with 2 excellent passes. As he pushed further forward in the second half, he definitely got more sloppy, but he is so, so much more aware of the need to move the game forward than players around him.

Top Bottom