• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Partizan

Man of the Match

• Sagna

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Denilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nasri

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Walcott

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • (Other)

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

dpt49

Established Member
In just over a week we have let in 2 goals against the worst Villa team for years and goals at home against Fulham and Partisan who have struggled to score away from home all season,

I bet Man u must be rubbing their hands together, along with Barca, Bayern etc. our defence is a joke

ThaSaltCracka

Overly harsh ratings by some for Denilson imo. I don't really rate him at all, but I thought he played really well in the second half. The whole team was a pile of meh in the first, but for me in the second, he really played well and I think he was one of our best players today. Wenger was clearly resting some players and giving some games to a few. That midfield was never really going to create much today with RVP in the hole. I think with a different starting XI we batter them, but Wenger wanted to give RVP a full game and rest Wilshere.

asajoseph

Established Member
Koscielny caused us a lot problems right after we conceded, including getting totally done by Cleo about 5 minutes after the goal. He pushes out of defence so quickly, but is nowhere near composed enough to judge the situation well enough to prevent us from getting caught in disarray at the back when he gets it wrong. He's just far too rash, the most immature defender we have by a mile. If he was 21, I'd find it easier to look past this at all the good things he does, but though he's hardly got any experience, his age makes it difficult for me to take him seriously.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 6
Gibbs 6
Nasri 7
Denilson 4
Song 5
Arshavin 5.5
RVP 6
Chamakh 5

Eboue 6
Theo 6
Bendtner 5.5

asajoseph

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Sagna - 6
Squillaci - 6
Koscielny - 5
Gibbs - 5

Nasri - 7
Denilson - 5
Song - 6
Arshavin - 4

Van Persie - 5
Chamakh - 4

Eboue - 6
Theo - 6.5
Bendtner - 6.5

Lord Dula

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Koscielny caused us a lot problems right after we conceded, including getting totally done by Cleo about 5 minutes after the goal. He pushes out of defence so quickly, but is nowhere near composed enough to judge the situation well enough to prevent us from getting caught in disarray at the back when he gets it wrong. He's just far too rash, the most immature defender we have by a mile. If he was 21, I'd find it easier to look past this at all the good things he does, but though he's hardly got any experience, his age makes it difficult for me to take him seriously.
He looks like he'd get sucked in and pulled all over the place the moment we play a tactically strong team who will enjoy more possession than most against us. He won't fill out either. Naturally wirey build.

gstew

I'm absolutely shocked by Song's ratings. I thought that he was excellent defensively and the third goal was all him.

fab-7
sagna-7 (would have been 8 & MOTM if not for the card)
squid-6
kos-7 Covered well and showed great pace
gibbs-6
song-7.5
denilson-4 Awful.....absolutely awful
vanpersie-5.5 Great free kick, but otherwise poor
nasri-7.5
arshavin-2 Made Denilson look like a star
chamakh-5.5
eboue-7
theo-7 Great finish
bendtner-5

dpt49

Established Member
asajoseph said:
He's just far too rash, the most immature defender we have by a mile. If he was 21, I'd find it easier to look past this at all the good things he does, but though he's hardly got any experience, his age makes it difficult for me to take him seriously.
This is why buying quality rather than average pays off, now we are stuck with Squillaci and Kos.

If Wenger goes out and buys a top CB and DM we might have a chance of winning something, if he doesn't it will be business as usual, 4th place and nothing else

ThaSaltCracka

Still think both players were bought as cover. I've also noticed Koscielny getting pulled out of position often and I agree that will get exploited by tactically astute teams. Both are good backups (Koscielny may eventually be a first choice starter), but I would definitely rather have TV and DJ in there.

Agree with qstew about Song as well. To be honest this is a tough game to rate because the whole team was pretty average in the first half, but several players played really well in the second.

yuvken

Established Member
As usual, coming here after a funny game like this brings many surprises, unveils many agendas, and hard to breath with all the emotion. We're through, bottom line. We're screwed if we play like this even against a second string Schalke, let alone the thpanish teams.
VP - didn't play yet. Or at least I hope there's 7 tons of rust still to come off. And I'd like the joke of us playing without an AM to stop here (I thought almost from the off Rosicky would have changed the game. even Nas there would do much good. It was useless the way it was).
Lessons to be learned about the VP Chamakh option? they were both poor, so maybe not. but suspicion begins to creep.
TV. Until he's here, it's Alice in wonderland - all sorts of surprises, new category each time.
Kos is not nearly as bad as described here, and today he was better than his partner, though hardly flawless.
AA (perhaps not in the first few minutes) was just pathetic. I thought he was really in form (I hope he is, but this?)
So good we have Samir - one thing we can be sure of, even in complete darkness. But even he doesn't merit a 7 today (him and theo - 6.5. No one else gets even that).
I liked Eboue's contribution. Not enough for a u-turn about him, but it was nice to see. If he can focus, maybe he can cover for Bac next game.

grrrr. Horrible to watch, but .... more of the same, please (get the result at old T and vs Chelsea is what I mean. After that I'd like to see our team back - this is not good for my health).

Humble Rex

Established Member
The thing with Arshavin is that his whole game is played with such small margins for error. When things don´t work for him he looks clueless. Mostly the case today.

That pass to Denilson though... Highlight of the game for me!

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabianski - 6. Made a meal of that free-kick save, and took an eternity over some of his clearances, and some of them were poor clearances, too.

Sagna - 6. Was a solid enough performance, but went to sleep late on letting the Partizan attacker get in behind him, and paid the price.

Squillaci - 5. Very little to do, and was solid for the most part, but still a moment of madness for their goal.

Koscielny - 6. A bit more to do, and did most of it well, but still a few head scratching decisions, and played his part in the debacle that was their goal.

Gibbs - 7. Started really positively. So disappointed to see him injured again. The boy is cursed.

Song - 6. A moment of class for Nasri's goal, but his passing was dreadful. Frequently he took an eternity to do precisely nothing. Made some good interceptions and tackles, but was generally poor all round.

Denilson - 6. Good spell for the first 20 minutes of the second half, but was poor for the rest of the match. Like Song, he just doesn't see forward passes quickly enough. So many square and backward passes. Lost the ball so many times through a poor touch or lack of awareness.

Nasri - 7. Just never saw the ball. The midfield were appalling at feeding the forwards the ball quickly enough for them to exploit the space they had managed to find. Great finish for his goal.

Arshavin - 4. One of his "I couldn't give a toss about the outcome of this match" performances. Lazy little bastard.

van Persie - 6. Some exquisite touches, but struggled for long periods. I don't like him in the playmaking role, never have, but he had no movement from the striker ahead of him, and little in the way of forward running from midfield.

Chamakh - 4. Awful in every respect.

Subs

Eboue - 5. Really lapse in some of his defending.

Walcott - 6. Really good finish for his goal, but so predictable in nearly everything else he did. For the love of God stop running blindly to the byline Theo!

Bendtner - 5. One neat little pass for Theo aside, he was lazy and poor.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Eirico said:
Denilson? Thought he was very poor today, gave the ball away easily too many times.
Yeah, I thought he was a waste of space myself. Offered nothing to be honest. Needs to decide what he's going to do with his hair also. Kind of suspicious really.

Oh, and Koscielny played well tonight I thought.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Shue said:
Humble Rex said:
Dude, no way was RVP the best player in our midfield today. Not his fault though, SINCE HE IS A FORWARD
A fit and on form RvP is more than capable of playing that AM role.[/quote]

IMO he isn't mobile enough for that role. I could well be wrong-he adapted to a lone striker pretty well before his injury last season and may to this AM role but it was no surprise to me that we looked so disjointed in this and the Wigan game with him playing in that role.

ricky1985

Established Member
If van Persie playing in the hole forces Wenger into playing Fabregas as a proper central midfielder, then I'm all for it.

That said, put Fabregas, Wilshere, Nasri, Arshavin and van Persie all on the pitch together at the same time, all fit and firing, and whatever the formation they'd wipe the floor with virtually any team you put in front of them.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
ricky1985 said:
If van Persie playing in the hole forces Wenger into playing Fabregas as a proper central midfielder, then I'm all for it.

That said, put Fabregas, Wilshere, Nasri, Arshavin and van Persie all on the pitch together at the same time, all fit and firing, and whatever the formation they'd wipe the floor with virtually any team you put in front of them.

With that line up we have enough firepower to win most matches but it's imperative that the overall balance in the team is right. The way we are defending presently we need that many match winners in our team to compensate for our weaknessess at the back....sigh

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Fabianski: 6.5
Sagna: 7.5 - MOTM
Squillaci: 5
Koscielny: 6
Gibbs: N/A
Denilson: 4.5
Song: 6
Arshavin: 6
van Persie: 5.5
Nasri: 7
Chamakh: 5
-----
Eboue: 6.5
Walcott: 7
Bendtner: N/A

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom