• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Shaktar Donetsk

Man of the match was...

• Tomas Rosicky

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Alexandre Song

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

Feet

Shaktar were awful.

I mean really really dreadful. As bad as Braga were, but without the excuse.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Thought our best players were Jack, Chamakh and Nasri. Nasri's general play was OK but that goal was superb, reminded me of Bergkamp vs Barca at Wembley. I'd give all 3 of them 7 or 8/10.

Good result.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
very happy with the result. I said to my dad that id be happy if Eduardo scored, so long as we was more then 3 up. I can live with us conceeding, but only for tonight :wink:

Taped the game so il watch that tomorrow, but Sky was singing Wilsheres praises enough post-match.

FrankArsenal

- Nasri 7,5
- Rosicky 7,5 I just love how he can hit a ball with the outside of his right foot. It's almost like having to good feet cause you can curl it anywhere you want.
- Eduardo 10 happy to see him smiling on the pitch

PS: It seemed like our defenders stood off him, not just for the goal.

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Eboue - 6
Squillaci - 7
Djourou - 7.5
Clichy - 7.5

Song - 6
Wilshere - 8 MOTM
Fabregas - 5

Rosicky - 6
Chamakh - 7
Nasri - 8

Subs

Denilson - 7
Arshavin - 5
Walcott - 5

Eirico

DanDare said:
Fail to see how people can think Nasri was man of the match. He was anonymous for the whole first half.

Great team performance regardless. I like that team. It doesn't have the perpetual ball losers Arshavin and Walcott so frustration was low.

I would go as far as to see that's our best team except putting in Vermaelen and Sagna (obviously RVP but he's never fit and goalkeeper who knows...)

Very impressive overall.

I remember our away game against Burnley last year, and we simply lacked penetation with Nasri and Rosicky on each wing. Played one of our worst games last season. I agree that Arshavin and Walcott are losing the ball too much but think one of them should play every game. We need their directness.

otfgoon

Established Member
Fabianski with another solid performance, though not a lot to do other than that save.

Djourou starting to look like his old self again, good stuff.

Clichy was decent, though not really tested defensively.

Wilshere was great, will miss him :(

Nasri such a classy player, great stuff.

Cesc was off the pace but no one can pass it like he can.

Rosicky worked hard.

Chamakh a superb target/link man, good to see him scoring goals.

yuvken

Established Member
Song question marks/debate over? had a bad patch, let him be now (he does have a lot to learn and improve, but that period were it seemed like everyone thinks he's done was too much).
Nasri perhaps MOTM, though I thought Rosicky did well. Chamakh too. I liked Jack (that goal :) ), but we saw even better from him lately. I like how he understands not only the game, but adapting to our team, including the presence of El capitan. I was thinking how it would look with Jack-song-Fab when all in form.
Ricky right about DJ, would like to see that on more games before I'm relaxed with him there. Squil looks like the assured, quite figure - much needed.
Another confidence entry for Flappy. Only 30 consecutive more of these and it could start being meaningful.
we started with Rosicky and Nasri in front, and scored 5. Goes the myth? For opposition that doesn't defend like in the league maybe.

And Ed. I love this boy. Good for him - another emotional, scoring comeback at the Emirates. His touch - mmmm 8)) . I hope he finds it permanently.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
yuvken said:
Song question marks/debate over? had a bad patch, let him be now (he does have a lot to learn and improve, but that period were it seemed like everyone thinks he's done was too much).
No.

James

Established Member
Nasri for me. Developing into the player i'd hoped, and was confident he could.

Wilshere though...i'm not sure i've seen a better player at that age.

Gunner_JT

I'd give the most of the team 7's. A reasonably good perfomance and with Cesc back we look more effective in attack and even in defence we pressed quite well.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Thought Nasri was the MOTM. Not really a great performance, but a quality goal and assist. He has been a bit more aggressive whilst dribbling in wide areas which was great. Also, glad to see glimpses of the Djourou that I really liked back in 08/09. As others have said, it was a laboured game and not really much we can take away from it, Shakhtar weren't even bothered to offer us a match.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Cesc was nowhere near his best, but that was to be expected since it was his first game back. Great that he got 60 odd minutes of match time heading into City away this weekend.

Oh, and Song is basically a box-to-box midfielder now.

yuvken

Established Member
I think we'll have to wait and see about Song's position. Shakhtar is not Man utd/citeh or Chelsea. But he was terrible since the beginning of the season, he seemed to not know what is going on around him, he couldn't cut opposition attacks early (which he excelled at previously). He is nowhere near tactical awareness required yet, but I think he is clearly coming out of his bad patch (fickle child that I am :) ).
Cesc? he was alright yesterday: he got an hour of good training, reintroduced to his friends, getting used to this rubber band on his arm ("I'll give it to my pal Rozza now"), and most importantly, he was not injured or in pain. So yeah, he was alright all things considered. He was our worst player on the field though (bar Shava maybe), but who cares.
Wilshere though...i'm not sure i've seen a better player at that age.
My feeling exactly.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom