• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs The Sock-Robbers

Man of the match was...

• Sagna

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Fabregas

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Djourou

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Song

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Close call between Nasri and Cesc in the poll. Djourou was my man of the match though. One of the finest defensive performances I've seen this season in the league. Credit where it's due.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 7.5/10

Sagna 7/10
Squillaci 7/10
Djourou 8/10 MOTM
Clichy 7/10

Wilshere 4/10
Song 6/10
Cesc 7/10

Nasri 7/10
Chamakh 6/10
Arshavin 6/10

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Fabianski is my MotM...

Crucial saves in the last 5-6 minute of the game...

Herbert Chapman

Klaus Daimler said:
Close call between Nasri and Cesc in the poll. Djourou was my man of the match though. One of the finest defensive performances I've seen this season in the league. Credit where it's due.

What a difference a week makes :D

I make you right though, great win and plenty of reasons to be happy !

fabregas

Djourou was absolutely dominant in the air today. Great performance, MOTM. Hope he keeps it up. Denilson came in and make a difference as well.

MAK 14

Established Member
Fabianski, Nasri, Squillaci, Djourou and Cesc were all top notch. We made it harder than it should have been for ourselves at the end, but credit to the players for hanging on to the lead. Song needs to improve his passing.

Chamakh worked his socks off and made a few good runs, but I still can't get over that chance he missed. Bread and butter stuff.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Fabianski 7.5

Sagna 7.5
Squillaci 7
Djourou 8 MOTM
Clichy 6

Wilshere 5/10
Song 7/10
Cesc 7.5/10

Nasri 7.5
Chamakh 6
Arshavin 6

Denilson 6

Rorz

Established Member
Fabianski-8
Sagna-8
Squillaci-7
Djourou-8
Clichy-7
Song-5 -dodgy today I thought, made some good blocks but passing was al over the place
Fabregas-7
Wilshere-6
Arshavin-6
Nasri-7
Chamakh-6

Denilson-7 -tidy display
Rosicky-6

Double_H

Established Member
well done to the boys winning away to everton is never easy
cesc still not at his best
DJ best game in an arsenal shirt
Nasri is really stepping up this season
Fab"safe hands"iaski is turning into somthing ( reminds me of reina when. he came to the EPL he was making errors left and right)

well done to the boys
come on Sunderland

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Fabianski 8
Sagna 8
Squillaci 8
Djourou 8
Clichy 7

Song 6
Wilshere 5
Fabregas 7

Nasri 7
Chamakh 6
Arshavin 6

Denilson 7

I'm absolutely delighted with the general improvement we've made in defense. We've had quite a few similar dogged, powerful performances and I'm glad we're getting the reward this time (unlike for example at Sunderland). I think Squillaci makes a huge difference at the back with his experience and vocal support, add to that Sagna being back to his absolute best and Djourou improving week by week and it's looking much, much better than it has in recent years.

Admirable performance from our midfield as well, they weren't all that on the ball but did well defensively. Fantastic three points, second place sealed for the week and onto the NLD we go.

Edit: Djourou my MOTM of course.

Feet

Djourou is massive as well, in the minutes silence he towered over the rest like some sort of mutant. Awesome, it was.

Lovely 3 points, I thought Song was particularly good but Djourou has been growing over the games he's been getting.

Here's hoping he can stay injury free and get into full stride, I believe his ceiling is way higher than our other centre backs, his career growth thus far hampered by injuries and him being a young'un. He has the dream build for a footballer too. Tall, broad and fast.

Love it.

The Escaped Ape

Fabianski 8/10 - another solid display. Pity about the goal, but it was an overall defensive mess, he wasn't the only one to blame

Sagna 8/10 - beautiful goal - what a wonderful way to get his second only of his career with us. Played brightly for the rest of the match as well. MOTM
Squillaci 6/10 - not bad, but his lack of speed showed on occasion
Djourou 7/10 - on the end of everything, clearing away consistently. Looking more robust with every match.
Clichy 7/10 - not sure why someone was slagging him off in the match thread. Played a decent game IMO. His speed was causing Everton problems.

Wilshere 5/10 - not there today. Showing signs of going to ground far too easily. I don't mind him getting physical a la Bolton, but I don't want him to be cheating **** a la Bolton.
Song 5/10 - meh. OK maybe, but frustrating.
Cesc 6/10 - playing better, but I'm starting to see where his reputation with other teams' fans is coming from. I don't mind him getting the best possible outcome for us from tussles with the ref, but sometimes he's taking the piss now. He doesn't have to harangue the ref every single bloody time...

Nasri 7.5/10 - Another good game, constantly using his speed to good effect
Chamakh 6/10 - Not bad, but not his best. Missed a sitter.
Arshavin 6/10 - along the same lines

Denilson 6/10 - better than I was expecting
Eboue n/a - irrelevant

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Fabulousanski- 8 Made two or three important saves

Sagna- 7 Scored, therefore bringing his goalscoring record to an impressive i in every 2.8 years, but thought he gave some cheap free kicks away

Squid- 7 Decent, a bit lucky to not get sent off
DJ-9 MOTM. Rock solid

Clichy- 7 Reasonable

Wilshere-6 Struggled, mainly due to that brute Heitinga

Fabregas-7 Goal, generally a bit mixed, gave the ball away needlessly

Song-3 Terrible

Nasri-8 Had a really good game

Shava- 6.5

Chamack- 6 Quiet, should have scored to make it 3-0 sparing us the hullaballoo at the end

Subs

Denilson-? Dunno what to give him, really good first twenty minutes when he came on then gradually got worse and worse so...

Rosicky-7 Did a good job defensively

Eboue-5 Did one thing and that was give the ball away.

giuliob

Wonder why Cesc is in the MOTM poll. Had a poor game, apart from classy goal. Poor passing, petty antics, weak defensively, arrogant, probably due to his recent form, this game and the last.

Fabianski - 7.5 Excellent outing and earned his stripes in the part of the game.
Sagna - 7 Reliable, consistent, brillian goal
Squillaci - 7 Apart from YC, solid game
DJ - 8 General overall performance was excellent, and really turned it on when Everton started to heat up at the end
Clicy - 7.5
Jack - 5 Out of sorts
Song - 7 Solid
Cesc - 6 Still looking to find his form, although the goal was a cracker
Nasri - 7
Chamakh - 7
AA - 6 Ran out of steam in the 2nd half

Webb - I think he means well when he has these little heart to hearts with the players, but it just doesn't work some of the time, and it slows down the play. He also needs to get a better grip on the game when things get chippy.

mo50

Established Member
Johan ****ing Djourou was epic today. Won everything in the air, and I believe he compliments Squillaci/Koscielny much better than when both the new guys are paired. MoTM for me, easily.

Nice to see Fabregas score a goal. His shooting boots have been missing recently and that goal was by no means easily. Denilson came on and did a splendid job, and Song needs to cut down on his tackles, or else he'll get sent off more often.

diaby-is-god

Absolutely fantastic from Djorou today, I would like to put a mention in for Clichy as well, he made one mistake however I thought je was very intelligent otherwise.

Y va marquer

Established Member
MOTM - Djourou for me with an honourable mention for Fabianski.

The Fabregas goal was a real beauty and Sagna's was a big surprise.

We were hanging in there at the end but we didn't look rattled.

Top Bottom