• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs The Sock-Robbers

Man of the match was...

• Sagna

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Fabregas

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Djourou

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Song

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Fabianski 8
Was at his place whenever we needed him. Had a lot to do in the last ten minutes, but made save after save and was responsible for us not drawing the match.

Sagna 7.5
Solid match, scored a great goal, but made two or three stupid fouls which gifted them FKs in dangerous positions.
DJ 8 MOTM
MOTM slightly above Fabianski. Brilliant performance and I'm really pleased with him. Was very critical on him lately, but he's been a rock today. Both in the air on the ground.
Squib 7.5
Also very solid today, apart from his tackle on Yakubu, which could have ended with a red card.
Clichy 7.5
Quite good, apart from that single mistake in the second half. Used his pace very good to prevent Coleman from making dangerous crosses.

Song 7
Good display from him. Was more disciplined when defending, but sloppy at times when attacking.
Fabs 6.5
Improved compared to his last matches, fighted for every ball, did a lot defensively (apart from the last ten minutes) and scored a great goal. Still overall, below his standards though.
Jack 5
Never really settled into the match and he faced a tough fight with Heitinga. Not his day, probably needs a break.

Arsh 6
Was decent in the first half, had a couple of shots and assisted Sagna's opener. Was invisible in the second half though, and came off for Rosicky.
Chamakh 6
Did his job as always, worked a lot defensivley but often left his place up front. Assisted Fabs' goal but missed a great opportunity rather poorly afterwards.
Nasri 7
Was the best player out of our attacking line today. Helped Sagna a lot at the back and made some great runs in the second half. Not to forget his effort in the first which resulted into Sagna's goal later on.

Denilson 7
Rosicky -
Eboue -

Humble Rex

Established Member
Clichy was great. How someone can have issues with his performance today is beyond me.
JD is my motm, he was amazing. We have had our best defensive performances lately when he has played.
Not the greatest performance football wise, but the boys all gave it their best and that is all you can ask for really.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A great 3pts! But man oh man do we know how to make it difficult for ourselves. I mean Chamakh has to put those chances away-you just cannot miss those. Had he scored that goal would have saved me several near heart attacks. And what was with our hoofing the ball up every time we got it for the last 10 mins. This team is not good for your health! But smiling rght now!!

brady_style

Humble Rex said:
Clichy was great. How someone can have issues with his performance today is beyond me.
JD is my motm, he was amazing. We have had our best defensive performances lately when he has played.
Not the greatest performance football wise, but the boys all gave it their best and that is all you can ask for really.

My main problem with him was the amount of times he teared forward and left that kid Coleman free to run at our backline and tear us a new hole.

Cahill should of scored from one such moment during the first half.

He also felt it necessary to rush forward and try to close down their full back Neville again and again. Once more leaving Coleman or that ex-Leeds striker free behind him.

He also fell over the ball at one point in the second half.

I just feel that for a senior pro he plays like a headless chicken way too much.

Herbert Chapman

Klaus Daimler said:
Herbert Chapman said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Close call between Nasri and Cesc in the poll. Djourou was my man of the match though. One of the finest defensive performances I've seen this season in the league. Credit where it's due.

What a difference a week makes :D
I'm just giving him credit when he plays well, just like I criticised him when he played badly. :wink:

It was the shipping him out never to return bit that irked me most but anyway, I only mentioned it because you're mostly on the money.

I think he's had clean sheets in his last 5 or 6 games, ****ing more of that please.

arsmile

Established Member
fabianski-8
sagna-8
squid-7
djourou-8
clichy-7
song-5
wilshere-6
cesc-6
nasri-8
arshavin-7
chamakh-7
denilson-7
rosicky-7

redanddread

I know this has nothing to do with our game- but how Koscielny was sent off against Newcastle and Ivanovic wasn't for his tug on Wellbeck in the Sunderland match just calls into question the whole inconsistency of refereeing!

Also, could Everton's goal have been anymore of a foul on Song???

outlaw_member

Established Member
redanddread said:
I know this has nothing to do with our game- but how Koscielny was sent off against Newcastle and Ivanovic wasn't for his tug on Wellbeck in the Sunderland match just calls into question the whole inconsistency of refereeing!

Squillaci could have easily been sent off for his foul on Saha.

mo50

Established Member
Not to mention, I was certain Squillaci was going to get sent off. Saha would've been clean through and I would not have any complaints.

Howard Webb had a pretty bad game, at least through Everton's perspective.

redanddread

outlaw_member said:
redanddread said:

Squillaci could have easily been sent off for his foul on Saha.

Yes I realise afer I had posted that we dodged a bullet there.

russkiegooner

fabianski-8
sagna-8
squid-7
djourou-8
clichy-7
song-6
wilshere-5
cesc-6
nasri-8
arshavin-6
chamakh-6
denilson-7
rosicky-6

Voted for Djourou as MOTM. Thought our defence was very good overall.

Humble Rex

Established Member
And Seb probably should have been sent off today. I would have been livid had it been on the other end of the pitch and the player had not been sent off.

est

I thought Denilson was very good when he came on. Faded a little in the end, but so did the entire team.

Nasri was brilliant whenever he got on the ball and tracked back well. Sagna was solid as ever and scored an amazing goal. Djourou was monstrous in the air and his passing was immense.

I also thought Arshavin was positive. Let's hope the rest did him good and his form is getting better.

MAK 14

Established Member
Sagna's definitely found his 07/08 form again. He's been a beast so far this season. Best right back in the league so far for me.

dreamLord

Established Member
Nasri MOTM. Cesc was pretty average for large parts ; showed glimpses of his brilliance, but made many poor passes. Still not match fit I feel - his stamina levels are up, but his concentration isn't.

sabret00the

Established Member
The midfield ratings are *. Yes Wilshere was being physically bullied, but he was getting his passes off and winning balls. Think he had 97% pass completion before he went off. Song and Fabregas though *smh*. Denilson had a blinder when he came on. Would probably give my MOTM to Djourou.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I don't know why Fabregas or Song are there.
Have no idea myself. Terrible performances by both. Fabregas hardly defended at all in the first half and was ****ing up far too many passes. In the second half, he tried to play like Chamakh's partner. Song was bulled physically, his passing, positioning and tackling were all lax.

We won the game in defence, not midfield.

Top Bottom