• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Wigan

Best Arsenal player was...

• Andrey Arshavin

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Fabianski - 5

Sagna - 7
Squillaci - 3
Koscielny - 5
Eboue - 5

Denilson - 5
Wilshere - 7
Rosicky - 5

Arshavin - 6 (only because of his porductivity)
Chamakh - 5
Bendtner - 5

gstew

Fabianski 5/10 -- Very poor on 2nd goal. Wasn't directly his fault, but should have been in far better position.

Sagna 6/10 -- Made some great plays and made some very, very poor plays.
Squillaci 6/10 -- Did his best for the 2nd goal. But Caldwell had slightly better position and Squid couldn't get around him. Was average for the rest of the game.
Koscielny 6/10 -- A few big errors, but the penalty was not one of them. On the replay it is obvious that he pulled his leg out of the way and contact was not his fault. But in real time it looked a penalty. Should have hired an attorney to sue Diaby for malpractice.
Eboue 2/10 -- There are too many adjectives running through my head right now.

Denilson 5/10 -- Was decent during spells and made a few good tackles. That being said, he infuriates me with his lack of effort sometimes.
Wilshere 7/10 -- Beautiful ball through to Arshavin. Played with the effort required of an Arsenal player.
Rosicky 6/10

Arshavin 4/10 -- Two excellent plays plus 80 minutes of abject awfulness. If not for those two plays I would have given him a 1. Should have been taken off at 65-70 minutes as he was an absolute liability. Wenger got this one spectacularly wrong.
Chamakh 7/10 -- Defended with heart, ran his ass off and always made himself available. I agree that he should have shot a couple of times instead of laying it off. If I had to choose, though, I would prefer too unselfish over too selfish.
Bendtner 6/10 -- Woeful first touch, but decent movement and three first class strikes.

Wenger 2/10 -- Denilson and Diaby together is a defensive liability. Eboue and Arshavin together is a defensive nightmare! I don't mind so many changes, I just disagreed with these two in particular. Djourou needed to play so that we can find out if his body can take two games in short succession. If not, then no matter what happens with Verms we need to buy another CB. And Arshavin needs to come off when he is detracting from play.

The first 30 minutes was as poor as I have seen us. We really only played well for 15 minutes in the entire game. We didn't deserve three points, but their penalty was wrong and we got screwed out of a dead cert. penalty. So what did we deserve?

progman07

Established Member
Kraig said:
qs said:
Kraig said:
Rozza was bright going forward and also worked hard defensively. He tried for the whole 90 minutes and created a few chances, as well as forcing a good save from al habsi in the first half.

But no, please tell me what my opinion should be oh great one!!!

Bahahahahahaha!

Elite member?! Carry on laughing mug. Tell me he didn't create chances and cause a good save from al habsi? Tell me he didn't work hard defensively for the whole game? If you do, then you're a liar or blinder than stevie wonder.
Rosicky as MotM? Seriously?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Fabianski 5/10 - Bah, showed why he still scares me ****less when I see his name on the line up. Capable of cocking up basics.

Sagna 6/10 - Would have got a little higher if he didn't play his part in one of the goals they scored. Solid for most of it.
Squillaci 3/10 - He is absolutely tragic. Terrible signing. Just gets in the way.
Koscielny 5/10 - Was fairly poor himself, I will actually put Squillaci to blame partly for that, but not entirely.
Eboue 5/10 Not a left back is he.

Denilson 3/10 - Useless. Let them stroll through the middle time and time again without a care in the world. Offered nothing to the team.
Wilshere 7/10 - MOTM. Completely changed our game.
Rosicky 5.5/10 - The effort was there but he just doesn't have an end product, which in the end makes him some what useless.

Arshavin 5.5/10 - Great goal, fairly pathetic other wise.
Chamakh 5/10 - Offered very little.
Bendtner 4/10 - Pretty useless.

I don't want to see Kos and Squid at the back ever again together.

I don't want to see Eboue at left back ever again.

I don't want to see Denilson ever again.

I don't want to see Bendtner ever again either.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I've generally defended Koscielny throughout his time here, but he seems to be doing his best to make me look a bit stupid. I still see a good defender in there, but the errors really do need to start drying up, and I mean pronto.

Squillaci looked abysmal tonight as well. Truly awful.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It's true. Koscielny has the makings of a world class centre back, but he must not become the next Senderos.

ricky1985

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
I've generally defended Koscielny throughout his time here, but he seems to be doing his best to make me look a bit stupid. I still see a good defender in there, but the errors really do need to start drying up, and I mean pronto.

I feel the same way. Koscielny ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous, and it's got to change fast.

Squillaci is just a terrible footballer, really poor signing from Wenger. Cost-cutting at the expense of quality.

yuvken

Established Member
I'll ask again, because I really want to know:

can someone explain the Wilshere sub? was it a discipline thing? what happened there?

Even cheap theories would be welcome at this point.

ricky1985

Established Member
Must have been knackered Yuvie. Wenger wouldn't have took him off otherwise. He did look noticeably more tired second half.

IBL

Established Member
Problem with both Kos and Squilaci is that neither take charge of the defence, both seem to be playing their own game and completely ignoring the other - Squilaci headbutting Kos a few weeks ago being an apt example.

yuvken

Established Member
We were losing with 10 minutes to go?
Sorry, just realized I wrote "we were losing". Which actually we were.

He was our best player, IMO, and there were 3-4 others i'd have taken off even given he was dead. anyway.
Thanx, Ricky.

mo50

Established Member
Bossa said:
Ive had it with Rosicky a long time ago. He has no end product and he just does the most stupid stuff on the pitch. He's a waste of space.

I hope that Ramsey comes back soon.

Agreed. He's just a lot of nothing. Doesn't offer anything offensively and breaks down all our attacks. He's turned utter trash. At least Denilson made a few good tackles.

Bendtner did his job tonight from an unfamiliar position. Scored a very well taken goal and was involved in the other. He isn't my favourite player but credit where credit is due, he put in a solid shift.

Chamakh also gave us a typical, hard working performance. I don't expect him to pull off a miracle. He needs supply to score, whether it be in the form of through balls or crosses. We just didn't provide him with enough. His overall hard work was welcome though.

Arshavin was absolute trash. I won't let that goal cloud that terrible performance. To play for this club he's got to cut out the amount of useless things he does. He's so wasteful it's getting ridiculous.

Fabianski was at fault for that goal. He was caught in the middle of nowhere. He didn't try to punch the cross, nor did he cover the dangerzone and was all round ****ing clueless.

Squillaci can **** off.

Lord Dula

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Ron Burgundy said:

I feel the same way. Koscielny ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous, and it's got to change fast.

Squillaci is just a terrible footballer, really poor signing from Wenger. Cost-cutting at the expense of quality.
So true about cost cutting at the expense of quality.

You just shouldn't **** about when it comes to centrebacks. It's the one position worth splashing out on and making sure you have quality cover

koscielny is the diaby of the defence. Just don't think he's equipped to handle the range of strikers/games he'll be subjected to in this league

Anzac

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
ricky1985 said:

So true about cost cutting at the expense of quality.

You just shouldn't **** about when it comes to centrebacks. It's the one position worth splashing out on and making sure you have quality cover

koscielny is the diaby of the defence. Just don't think he's equipped to handle the range of strikers/games he'll be subjected to in this league

Squid is our new Tweety - he was bought to provide 'experience' & 'leadership'.

Kos is our new CB in Gallas' covering role, but he lacks weight on his frame to contest physically & is too easily battered - saw something prior to the CFC game that he is only about 75kg!!!!!

Neither of the 2 are aggressive CBs who look to attack the 1st ball.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Shadow Moses said:
Kos & Squid = Grimandi & Stepanov

absolutely dire

That's grossly unfair IMO.

By that logic, Verm and Silvestre last season = Stepanov & Grimandi (who was a MF/DMF, in any case).

Squillaci is the problem, not Kos IMO.

The Sleeper

Kraig said:
Disagree completely. Jack was good, as was rozza. The rest were dire.

Agreed with that. Thought Rozza was class tonight. Don't know what else was expected from him other than the still elusive goal he's due to score anytime now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom